Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Do you guys think the album will have a title track? 

I know every LP has one so far but for some reason I instinctively thought Chemtrails Over the Country Club was more for the concept and the overall aesthetic than for a specific song or lyric? 

honestly I don't know.. im confused but excited. 

Im guessing the title track is "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" 

she has had a year more to work on it so it isn't that unreasonable & also many studios in LA are reopening  

Do you guys think the album will have a title track? 

I know every LP has one so far but for some reason I instinctively thought Chemtrails Over the Country Club was more for the concept and the overall aesthetic than for a specific song or lyric? 

NFR did but it wasn’t a lyric at all. So tbh... idk

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

NFR did but it wasn’t a lyric at all. So tbh... idk

Going by statistics, Lana will for sure have a title track and it will be the second track of the album.

It very much feels like she just gave the song that title for the sake of it. I understand that there was this whole concept about the song being about this bullshit and cocky artist/person, but that wasn't even a recurring theme on the album.  :rip:

I would very much like to hear what "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" sounds like.

I have already said that a couple times but I think this album will sound a bit like Carole King’s Tapestry... the title ‘Let Me Love You Like a Woman’ for a song was already giving me that vibe, and now the title track is also evoking that stripped down sound... so I can only expect Hope-esque piano songs!

edit: and I’m glad with it! Tho I would like to hear some heavy guitars as well

i think lana wrote WM to try and match the BAR video after she scrapped the song. i think her label makes her release the videos that were recorded (otherwise waste of money) so that’s why we have several “recycled” videos.

i'm sure the rumor was referring to the video charlie posted back in dec of what we assume was lana recording a mv. since it was never released id hope it is for the next record!

Whether the video Lana filmed was for NFR or not doesn't really matter. It's not like she's never scrapped a project and reused the footage for something different.

[insert PTSD from BAR/White Mustang music video reference]

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Her statement-video gave me such big Cruel World vibes.

Can she pls finally release a studio recording of her Heart Shaped Box cover for this album?

Whether the video Lana filmed was for NFR or not doesn't really matter. It's not like she's never scrapped a project and reused the footage for something different.

[insert PTSD from BAR/White Mustang music video reference]

dontcha forget about the UV/ Freak mess

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

That would be a dream :flutter: Dear Universe, please give us surf noir or some surf noir/rock influences...and  Lana if you lurk into this forum and see this please make a surf noir album happen thank you

And lol that's my 1000th post ...

We already kinda got that with UV?

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I have already said that a couple times but I think this album will sound a bit like Carole King’s Tapestry... the title ‘Let Me Love You Like a Woman’ for a song was already giving me that vibe, and now the title track is also evoking that stripped down sound... so I can only expect Hope-esque piano songs!

edit: and I’m glad with it! Tho I would like to hear some heavy guitars as well

I get what ur getting at when it comes to LMLYLAW. I'd personally love a fresh sounding, but still classic sound from her. Stripped back and almost organic. I immediately thought of: maybe it just might be the title cadences but yeah.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6PBW71zi0g

I'm thinking w her confident to backtracked statements of course are gonna be made to have connections w the upcoming record, and so I'm not sure about its soundscape since Tapestry's just more calm and laidback for the most part. I'd really love for her to get to direct her sound to this though without a doubt. 

Chemtrails gets me thinking more psychedelia. Country Club, probably riding off Hope's narrative from nfr.. regardless, I think some kind of glass ceiling's just gonna break figuratively w what she releases next cycle. I started thinking how norman might just be an overall outlook on popular culture, but that's something I've just been ruminating. 

Imagine if she pulled some kind of It's Too Late: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkKxmnrRVHo

I wonder how dispersed her "vengeance" is gonna be, and what salvaged her from the source's wrath is what I'm more thinking about rn.. I really love this idea though. I've been waiting for this kind of synergy of hers to this and it'd be amazing to get to listen to how/if she'd do that

UV/Honeymoon

OMG this is purely fanfic bc it could never happen....but imagine if Lana won AOTY over Adele :defeated:

Haha

Usually, the Grammy end their submission process on Sept 1. I don’t know if she could even submit COCC this year or if they will postpone the date because of the COVID situation. Either way, she probably won’t win. Maybe for spoken word though.

Okay so here's what I want from this alboom

- No piano. Yeah pianos are cute but NFR sounded pretty dreary for this reason. I want an album full of LIFE and SOUL and PIZZAZZ :squidward:

- No ridiculously long song titles (but we know that won't happen, it's like her 'thing' now)

- Surf noir sound, like Wayamaya. That's what I got from the poem instrumental

- A cover shot by someone else (not gonna happen but let me dream)

- A pink/white marble vinyl, or white and peach tones

- No collabs

- No snippets. I suppose one snippet would be okay so we get a general idea of the sound, but anymore than that would be a bad idea

- Outlandish lyrics like we got in UV, something really unapologetic 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

OMG this is purely fanfic bc it could never happen....but imagine if Lana won AOTY over Adele  :defeated:

they changed the submission deadlines to august 31 for grammys (ie this album would be up for nomination in 2022 and have virtually no shot), so i think lana choosing to release this right after (if it's not delayed) is kind of a statement against the scammys, and i'm here for it.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

We already kinda got that with UV?

Hmm not sure though but kinda get what you mean but maybe West Coast but it also has pyschedelic vibes ..get a summer/beachy Vibe from Florida Kilos....but I think that Kill Kill and the background music of her newest poem gave me surf noir vibes

And Wayamaya definetly has a surfy sound to it and FILLY has maybe some surfy feel as well but that also be bc of the music video

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: