Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I really don't get why ppl put so much significance into what the opening and closing track is tbh. A lot of people just pick outĀ a song theyĀ feel like listening to and rarelyĀ listen to the album in full anyway

I often doĀ :hooker:

Ā 

And it matters a lot to me which track is the opener and the closer, because in my opinion there's nothing greater than an amazing introduction and conclusion to an album.

Ā 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

10 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Cool but some people like albums andĀ  care about the flow of the tracklist so what's the problem with talking about it? :) Not everyone is a Spotify-shuffle-person

Ā 

I'm not a shuffle person either, but lots ofĀ people just randomly pick out songs in an album and listen to it by itself.Ā Unless an opening or a closing track has a significant sound that leads into the next song so the flow is cohesive,Ā then personally I don't see the importance of it. With the new singles, you could put them anywhere on the track list and it wouldn't matter at all

ā™”Ā Ā standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenĀ ā™”

35 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I really don't get why ppl put so much significance into what the opening and closing track is tbh. A lot of people just pick outĀ a song theyĀ feel like listening to and rarelyĀ listen to the album in full anyway

itā€™s important because a messy tracklist can make a great album less great. the first time you listen to it itā€™s supposed to tell itā€™s story the best possible way. which means opening and closing must be well chosen otherwise itā€™ll be messy. plus, especially lana albums, most people usually listen to them in full or at least from start to finish if they skip certain songs, itā€™s just something that adds to its cohesion. itā€™d be weird if honeymoon started with swan song and ended with freak for exemple.Ā 

Maybe we will have fall and rise concept. If Lana continue tradition BB will be opening track but lyrics don't fit to opening album. It will be strange that she sings about happiness and then about sadness, sad past, experience etc.

Maybe that's why she changed title again and concept- some songs was too happy and don't fit lyrically.

also blue banisters as an opening would just suck ass tbh like all her albums have always some kind of intro, sometimes longer ones sometimes shorter ones but none of her albums start with somethingĀ abrupt like THERES A PICTURE ON THE WALL:azealia:ā€¦. the bare minimum for a lana album is a simple short melodicĀ intro Ć  la white dress or loveĀ and ideally something grand and moodĀ setting like honeymoon or cruel world. it wonā€™t be the case anyway since itā€™s not the title track anymore (thank fucking god) but iā€™d be so pissedĀ if that was the introduction to theĀ new album. we need something that screams OPENINGā€¦and weā€™ll be getting it soon mark my wordsĀ :ma:

10 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

Tomorrow is my university graduation and Iā€™m hoping lana posts something album related in celebration:party:

Congratulations!Ā :)

Good morning, happy Monday, and happy summer solstice!

Ā 

BOZ hasnā€™t said the album is delayed yet so itā€™s still on in my eyes!

Ā 

in just 13 days, weā€™re going to witness the shortest pre-release ever!!Ā 

"Donā€™t forget me"

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Ā 

Some artists have their songs first and last for a reason and fans like to analyze. Some artists' albums are more of a compilation and the order of songs aren't that important. Someone on Reddit analyzed UV and it appears that the album's songs were telling a story in chronological order backwards, so Florida Kilos being the beginning of the story and Cruel World being the end. Depending of the artist the order of the songs has its meaning. Also, when you're buying an album and playing it, which a lot of Lana's fans do, the first song has to be a good intro.Ā 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm freeĀ 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I'm sure, most of Lana fans are listening to the album in full, so the track placements matter. This is why COCC is my least favorite album: after DBJAG songs are too quiet and not much happening.

The lack of album updates from her is homophobicĀ :oprah2:

Elizabeth it's pride month, when's a better time to feed the gays if it's not now???

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

20 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

The lack of album updates from her is homophobicĀ :oprah2:

Elizabeth it's pride month, when's a better time to feed the gays if it's not now???

sheā€™ll wait until July 1st just to spite the gays

"Donā€™t forget me"

52 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

It would be so sad for July 4th to come and we still not knowing the albumā€™s real name.Ā :bebe:

and exciting at the same timeĀ :flutter::flutter:Ā Isnā€™t this the first time that we wouldā€™t knowĀ the albumā€™sĀ name until itā€™s release?Ā 

Ā 

If she changed almost the entire tracklist that means that she had a lot of songs already done so I don't know why some people say that the album is not done and not coming at all this yearĀ :eek:.

I know it's Lana and her dates are well... you know but if boz had the album (the first "version") and now saw the new title and tracklist with an alleged release date... something must beĀ coming. Also we got 3 songs already, we know the album is realĀ :thumb3:Ā if we had no music at all I'd be worried.Ā 

The only thing I don't understand yet is the lack of preorder less than 2 weeks before the album. The only way I can see a delay is because of physicals cause the other option would be that her team wouldn't let her release so close to Chemtrails. That is already cleared cause she already had 3 singles out and Ben liked some posts about the album right?

giphy.gif