Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

The short snippet of “LA Who Am I” keeps popping up on my timeline — do we know if this was recorded with Jack during the NFR sessions? The snippet is so damn catchy and has been stuck in my head for days:worship:. I need a full release. Manifesting shimmery, glittery, surfy, F U N pop ballads on LDR9 :pray2:

Tumblr

... LDR9 is COMING :wat:

51980732508_33edd3a620.jpg // 51981216350_25eda3a9fc.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Lana's energy the past few months has been so fun just based on her Instagram posts, so I'm really excited to see if the album matches that. Literally every post on Honeymoon is iconic and her social media presence usual matches the album vibe :hype:

imageproxy.jpg

we're def getting LDR9 news soon :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I support @PatentLeatherDoOver theory. Now that Chemtrails and BB are out I feel like she closed a chapter and the next one may be similar to Honeymoon (at least lyrically) very personal but less straight to the point and more dreamy. I think Lana didn't let herself "have fun" with the music on BB cause she wanted to make a statement so the lyrics were the main point (and even with that, she put Dealer and a trap interlude in there :thumb3: so I'm sure she's not going to become an acoustic piano only artist from now on).

I mean I don't expect a full upbeat album but I really believe that what's next will be a big jump from BB :true:

i just want to feel what i felt listening to west coast's single release w a genre shake up, after btd + paradise :wowcry: and then later, high by the beach :wowcry:

mUENGN9.png

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Did she cut her hair short?

NFRs TRUE sister is really coming this time omg I’m shaking…

No it’s definitely not cut short..In the second pic she posted (and the video) you can tell it’s still pretty long. It’s folded in half at the end and still down to her chest 

"Don’t forget me"

8 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Did she cut her hair short?

NFRs TRUE sister is really coming this time omg I’m shaking…

It looks like that on the first pic cause it's like folded behind her but on the other pic and the video it's as long as it was recently 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

All I need is some daydreamy psychedelia or dream pop. See:

- Alison by Slowdive

- Milk by Sweet Trip 

- Holy Forest by Pinkshinyultrablast

- All I Wanna Do by The Beach Boys

- Thursday by Asobi Seksu 
- Long Season (live) by Fishmans

- Future Games by Fleetwood Mac 

less benzos and more psychedelics pls ms Lana 

lsd can be good 4 u :hair:

mUENGN9.png

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:

No it’s definitely not cut short..In the second pic she posted (and the video) you can tell it’s still pretty long. It’s folded in half at the end and still down to her chest 

Just now, Venice Peach said:

It looks like that on the first pic cause it's like folded behind her but on the other pic and the video it's as long as it was recently 

Ya I looked again and see it now.  The optical illusion in that first pic had me shook :rip: 

ok so heres my thoughts on her clearly working with Jack again for LDR9:

Jack can clearly give us a banger of an album, look at NFR (he also did Melodrama & Reputation and some amazing tracks on Lover). I think what soured people on him was Chemtrails, and honestly I think that album would have been on FIRE had the pandemic never happened. I really wish Lana had waited a bit longer for the pandemic to clear up and for her to get more studio time with jack for the songs on chemtrails. The first 4 songs were so good because they were done and ready pre-pandemic, and then the rest struggled with the fact Lana and Jack couldn't meet and get in the studio together (hence why the end of chemtrails seems more half assed and she started contemplating putting older songs like Dealer on it to fill up space)

Now that lana has jack all to herself and in person, and the fact he spent his literal birthday in the studio for lana...they HAVE to be coming up with something good, its giving the little insta live videos we had of them working in the studio on How to Disappear etc! Im VERY EXCITED