Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

47 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

So do we think Dragonwhore's half-moon bay lyrics were real?:diva:

I don't think they are a real insider but since they are always nice and polite I'd be gladly proven wrong (plus I like their descriptions :true:

giphy.gif

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Virgo season! A lot of people may not like us, but at least Lana loves us so much that she drops stuff for us time and time again during this beautiful season including LDRX :wink:

Manifesting a surprise album drop September 1 and an IX post tonight

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

4 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

a song about a man who lives in a haunted shack in the middle of no-where, slaughters cows & goats while yodeling & speaking in tongues, & stands outside during a tornado, hoping it will engulf him & ravage his soul… we need some insanity & horror in lana’s discography :true: :nails:

I love that Nicole Dollanganger music video

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I hope this isn’t inappropriate but always have anxiety before Lana releases music, like I’m not going to be alive for it? I’m not suicidal or anything. I can’t really explain it. Like I always hope it isn’t too long away so I get to hear it.  Maybe it’s depression speaking I dunno, health has been poor lately maybe that. So the whole things making me feel mixed emotions. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I hope this isn’t inappropriate but always have anxiety before Lana releases music, like I’m not going to be alive for it? I’m not suicidal or anything. I can’t really explain it. Like I always hope it isn’t too long away so I get to hear it.  Maybe it’s depression speaking I dunno, health has been poor lately maybe that. So the whole things making me feel mixed emotions. 

Omg? Tell me why I felt the same way about Chemtrails before its release? I think I’m just so excited for the new music that I don’t wanna miss out if that makes sense :true:

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

something i usually keep in mind is that if you’re really anxious or worried about a specific thing happening, it’s very likely it won’t happen, it’s not worth our energy worrying about something bad happening because it’ll steal our enjoyment of life, we can’t know for sure what’s going to happen to us, it’s best we enjoy every moment we get :) 

at the same time, though, it can be really hard to break out of that way of thinking, anxiety is a real, serious thing!

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Wait I saw someone say Jon batiste is in NY rn, so Lana is NY rn. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, New York album confirmed :hype:

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

How about Water Lily being this era's signature flower?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDFIHq-Te-rwuyhB7RBxr

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

How about Water Lily being this era's signature flower?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDFIHq-Te-rwuyhB7RBxr

here’s a story:

back in may i went for a walk in the park in the woods, there’s this mini bridge & below it is a pond, during the summertime you’ll see lily-pads & lotus flowers just like this, well, i looked out from the bridge to look at the lily-pads & a bird started swarming around my head, i got really scared & i starting running too fast & i tripped & scraped my chin, hands, & especially my left knee… i still have a scar there lol, i’m guessing it’s because i continuously got it wet in the shower so it took a long time to heal lol!

i did my research & it seems like that particular type of bird is known for attacking peoples’ heads if they are too close to their nest! i guess their nest was near this bridge, to this day i’m still weary of looking at the pond in case a bird is watching…

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Okay I did my investigative duties on the snippet video and could not find out who any of those people are i literally was googling for hours however I think the man with the beanie behind the mixing desk is possibly Ken Oriole who is an engineer that has worked for artists like Jon batiste, Anderson paak, N.E.R.D. and Solange. I also found out the recording studio they're in is definitely shangri-la studios in LA owned by none other than Rick Rubin. Now someone else use this info to find out more

38 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

here’s a story:

back in may i went for a walk in the park in the woods, there’s this mini bridge & below it is a pond, during the summertime you’ll see lily-pads & lotus flowers just like this, well, i looked out from the bridge to look at the lily-pads & a bird started swarming around my head, i got really scared & i starting running too fast & i tripped & scraped my chin, hands, & especially my left knee… i still have a scar there lol, i’m guessing it’s because i continuously got it wet in the shower so it took a long time to heal lol!

i did my research & it seems like that particular type of bird is known for attacking peoples’ heads if they are too close to their nest! i guess their nest was near this bridge, to this day i’m still weary of looking at the pond in case a bird is watching…

the monologue that lana will utilize for her magnum opus "bird world" (not to be confused with the jack antonoff x lana song of the same name), sister to the ride monologue, sounds so good here :wowcry:

sUcVobB.png

5 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

member when she made music videos?

Love, Lust For Life, White Mustang, Doin Time, Fuck It I Love You, The Greatest, Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, Happiness Is A Butterfly, Chemtrails Over The Country Club, White Dress, Arcadia, Arcadia (second version) and Blue Banisters...

I'm really confused by your comment

17 hours ago, Thunder said:

It's just personally crazy to me why a certain user is still here if they haven't liked an album in almost ten years, and i'm allowed to express that too :coffee:

No one said you have to kiss her ass and worship everything she does, but like said above, why waste so much of your time and energy on music you dislike so much?

I‘m not sure if you're aware of this but as with every artist who has been in the game for at least 10 years and has released a multitude of material during that time, it’s natural that the fanbase is composed of different types of fans.

In fact, fans who joined very early on tend to not enjoy the more recent material as much as the old stuff.

Why? That is because artists often change over time and they tend to explore different directions. It’s perfectly fine to be a fan of the first minute and to stay a fan although you tend to not like or not be as excited about new material anymore. There are a lot of people who, for example joined during the Honeymoon or NFR eras, whereas those eras were the points where some others have started to lose interest.

Still, no one has the right to tell others that they should leave because they have a different opinion or are dissatisfied with Lana‘s current direction. A forum thrives and exists through discussion and exchange of opinions and thoughts. If anything, people who do not like this kind of exchange should think about whether a forum is the right place to talk about their fave artist if it only makes them mad.

1 hour ago, bored said:

Love, Lust For Life, White Mustang, Doin Time, Fuck It I Love You / The Greatest, Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, Happiness Is A Butterfly, Chemtrails Over The Country Club, White Dress, Arcadia, Arcadia (second version) and Blue Banisters...

I'm really confused by your comment

An iPhone Is a Dangerous Thing for Lana and Chuck to Have - But They Have It