Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, selfbeyondtheory said:

ive decided this is true and have already mentally prepared for it so if its not true im going to be so disappointed and find a way to blame bozo

BITCH ME TOO :godlaugh::omfg2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Just heard the new Judah Smith snippet and

Reveal hidden contents

that shit is so fucking creepy, I can’t. His voice is already demonic enough but Lana giggling on top of it makes it 10000x creepier. Very intriguing.

It sounded interesting 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

This whole talk about dark and demonic is starting to freak me out I’m a little baby who can’t handle that lol 

Spoiler

Don’t worry it’s not scary. We’re being a bit over dramatic I think lol 

2 minutes ago, American Whore said:

yassss we love a random profile telling me what i want to hear! :dorothy4:

i won! :silly:

i've had a profile since 2015 i've been lurking :kiss2:

5a86642010719_tumblr_otrpzotSn41rdizqpo1

1 minute ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This whole talk about dark and demonic is starting to freak me out I’m a little baby who can’t handle that lol 

the truth is Lana got posessed around 2012, and when she sang "god's dead i said baby that's alright with me" it was actually the devil speaking through her and the judah interlude is actually him performing an exorcism on her to save her soul, that is why we can hear lana

Spoiler

giggling and mocking him

cause it's the devil speaking right before he lost his power and left her body

Just now, number1angel said:

i've had a profile since 2015 i've been lurking :kiss2:

correction: yassss we love a lurker telling me what i want to hear :dorothy4:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, crazyforyou said:

Predicting my favorite song on each side:

Hide contents

Side A (I already know): The Grants

Side B: Candy Necklace :flutter:

Side C: Paris, Texas

Side D: Taco Truck (but fishtail will be a close runner-up)

For me:

Side A: A&W

Side B: Kintsugi

Side C: Grandfather

Side D: Fishtail

10 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Oh, alright. In that case and until proven otherwise, religious content that goes as far as treating a preacher as a feature makes me uncomfortable and it’s not far-fetched to imagine that happening to queer people in general for obvious reasons. We actually have no way of knowing (yet) what’s her intention behind this interlude but I sincerely hope there’s a bite to it.

its pretty unlikely that lana is literally putting a sermon from some preacher onto her album without some level of subversion, and to be honest even if she did, who cares. there's a difference between lana endorsing something and lana portraying something, and as a gay person who is staunchly atheist, im 100% here to listen to whatever lana wants to throw at me. art should be challenging.

furthermore we can hear from the high quality snippet that just leaked and the full low quality tagged version that

Spoiler

there is a lot of disturbing, ominous sounds playing over the top, and we can hear lana giggling and mocking him in the clip too,

and it comes right after A&W where she talks about god being a charlatan and not needing to be loved anymore; I think it's safe to say there's a strong artistic statement being made here. but agree, we should wait to hear the full track before we pass judgement, im merely speaking to those who are constantly on here worrying that she's going to trigger them because she's including religious content in her album.

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

the truth is Lana got posessed around 2012, and when she sang "god's dead i said baby that's alright with me" it was actually the devil speaking through her and the judah interlude is actually him performing an exorcism on her to save her soul, that is why we can hear lana

Hide contents

giggling and mocking him

cause it's the devil speaking right before he lost his power and left her body

IM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW you’re such a little menace. Pearl grimacing at me isn’t making this any better. I’m definitely having nightmares tonight :kum:

13 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Oh, alright. In that case and until proven otherwise, religious content that goes as far as treating a preacher as a feature makes me uncomfortable and it’s not far-fetched to imagine that happening to queer people in general for obvious reasons. We actually have no way of knowing (yet) what’s her intention behind this interlude but I sincerely hope there’s a bite to it.

:shh:

3 hours ago, Im a ghost now said:

The surprise is that Candy Necklace will premiere tomorrow on the radio too and it will destroy the radio waves and alter the Earth's electromagnectic field due to its massiveness :true:

Manifesting.......

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

1 minute ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

its pretty unlikely that lana is literally putting a sermon from some preacher onto her album without some level of subversion, and to be honest even if she did, who cares. there's a difference between lana endorsing something and lana portraying something, and as a gay person who is staunchly atheist, im 100% here to listen to whatever lana wants to throw at me. art should be challenging.

furthermore we can hear from the high quality snippet that just leaked and the full low quality tagged version that

Hide contents

there is a lot of disturbing, ominous sounds playing over the top, and we can hear lana giggling and mocking him in the clip too,

and it comes right after A&W where she talks about god being a charlatan and not needing to be loved anymore; I think it's safe to say there's a strong artistic statement being made here. but agree, we should wait to hear the full track before we pass judgement, im merely speaking to those who are constantly on here worrying that she's going to trigger them because she's including religious content in her album.

As a Christian (not evangelical or anything - Episcopal, and very progressive), I 100% agree on your point that art should be challenging. It’s the same as the 

Spoiler

“regrettably I’m a white woman”

lyric that we were discussing last week. It’s nice when music, and art more broadly, is comforting and pleasant and we don’t need to think too much about it. It’s exhausting to constantly be challenging yourself and critically thinking about every form of media you consume. But at the same time, it’s almost downright dangerous to only listen to/watch/read things that you 100% agree with. Plus, it’s so boring! I love reading lyrics, poems, and novels with complex and often disagreeable themes. And that’s what I love about Lana: she doesn’t shy away from those challenging topics and ideas. She’s very philosophical, and I know that doesn’t appeal to everyone. But she also has plenty of more lighthearted (and amazing!) songs if you just cba with all that, and that’s definitely the case on DYK (for example, side D). There’s something for everyone, and always something interesting to discuss