Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

is the grants instrumental great and good? apart from the opening 

Spoiler

Yes. Strings, acoustic guitar, a lovely piano, and backing vocals that really add to the song

1 minute ago, Furor Poeticus said:
  Hide contents

Fingertips is something I’ve always wanted to hear from her. A heartbreaking, meandering journey of a song :icant:

It reminds me of a Joanna Newsom song 

:oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

12 minutes ago, ColdCashDivine said:

I may be showing my age here, but I’m terrified of downloading leaks and stuff bc of limewire. I downloaded some unreleased Kelly Clarkson song when I was in middle school and fucking Comcast emailed my dad (the account holder) saying the record label would sue and/or Comcast was going to cancel our account. I got in sooooo much trouble that I can’t even think of downloading leaks now as a 32 year old grown ass woman 🫠

I’m from the Limewire era myself. My laptop is 8 years old and hanging by a thread so I really don’t care what happens to it luckily :oic2:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Spoiler

I was fully expecting Sweet to end up at the bottom of my ranking, but I like it more than The Grants. I still don’t fully like Drew’s instrumental arrangements though. I find the ones on Honeymoon to be a lot more interesting. I feel like if she had brought back Rick for at least a couple of songs or worked with someone like Jonathan Rado(Titanic Rising) these songs would be even better. 

Spoiler

aight. i didn't stand a chance. i listened and i cried and i am FLOORED.

the grants, sweet and fingertips, along with ocean blvd (and i hope LTLI and candy necklace!) are going to be my favorites on the album i'm sure... sweet has such a BEAUTIFUL melody. it might've been my favorite of the three because of the melody and how easy it is to listen to if it wasn't for fingertips.... objectively it's one of lana's absolute, all-time best, if not the best. i just absolutely love how wordy, revealing, multi-layered it is, and even though it might sound repetitive the orchestra makes up for the heavy wordiness. unlike almost any other songs i can think of it's meant for people who appreciat lana as an artist and a person more than anyone else and it's what makes it truly beautiful.

Spoiler

for those who listened to the leaks, we still have 9 totally full and beautiful lana songs, which is more than cotcc on release !!

and also for giving me Margaret

it's a shame that we die

this one line makes me cry every time........

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

21 minutes ago, ColdCashDivine said:

I may be showing my age here, but I’m terrified of downloading leaks and stuff bc of limewire. I downloaded some unreleased Kelly Clarkson song when I was in middle school and fucking Comcast emailed my dad (the account holder) saying the record label would sue and/or Comcast was going to cancel our account. I got in sooooo much trouble that I can’t even think of downloading leaks now as a 32 year old grown ass woman 🫠

I’m sorry this is sending me :prettyhurts:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

46 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

woah let’s relax, we don’t know what goes on bts.

leaks are bound to happen once they send the physicals out…

Not a store leak. Physicals don’t get sent out this early.

All I’m saying these people need to be on the FBI watchlist including Rosemead. 

8 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’m from the Limewire era myself. My laptop is 8 years old and hanging by a thread so I really don’t care what happens to it luckily :oic2:

The family computer I downloaded all limewire/Napster files to is somehow still functioning in my parents basement haha. 

I gotta give it to Comcast, their scare tactic 100% worked and has stuck with me

to this day 

Spoiler

Idk what you guys see in Sweet but to me it’s just bleh. The melody is all over the place and it sounds like a cringy wedding song, i guess if that’s the vibe she was going for so be it. But i’m tired of these Violet For Roses/Arcadia style songs and vocals. I hope that’s the only track in that vein on the record.

23 minutes ago, ColdCashDivine said:

even with all the bad it gave i miss limewire :thumb:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

Is it the right time for the 1st ranking already?:flop:

For me it's:
1. AW

2. Tunnel

3. The Grants

4. Fingertips

5. Sweet

Can't rank Grandfather so far, cause rOsemEAd exClUsIve. Sweet ended up exactly where I expected her to be.:awkney2:

32 minutes ago, marryingkind said:
  Hide contents

Correlate until certain point!

Spoiler

Yeah, I’m talking about the part in fingertips where she talks about her neighbors doing things w her, and in A&W the part of testifying (I don’t wanna say outright what I mean bc ppl could get triggered)