Elle

2022 Lipsters Awards: The Decade Edition - January 21st

28 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thank you, I appreciate that. It's just a matter of favorite LDR albums--you know how fervently many or most here love NFR!, HM, and UV. I'm glad they're passionate and enjoy those records so thoroughly. I| wish I liked the new single, but I so not. 

I like UV and HM too, just less so. Both, but HM, especially, seem like albums about alienation and sterility, and there's no catharsis, except on 'Old money' and 'TLY,' so I'm not greatly attracted to them or the persona Lana adopts in most of the songs. 

That's part of the reason I didn't contribute to the poll. Member with worst taste? Who am I to say that? I don't even categorize members along those lines when I read everyone's mostly insightful posts here. Some members stand out as 'main contributors,' like Venice Peach, and others as very funny, like Chaotic Lipster, and others as always involved like Gemini Lana Fan, but now that the truly vicious and rude members of a few years ago have stopped participating, I like everyone and recognize that taste is subjective. It's why people like a certain song or album that interests me, or what people see in a song that I don't, or what someone points out that I may have missed in a lyric.

I always think of 'Old Money' as sung/narrated by a mature women looking back on her life, but other people's interpretation that she is a relatively young woman forced me to look at it from that perspective, and while I still see the narrator as mature, it was interesting to step into someone else's shoes and see it the way they saw it--which I was able to do. Things like that are what make LanaBoards valuable to me. And where else, and to who else, can I talk about Lana all day and night, which I am wont to do?

You often name the titles that I really like. even though i'm honeymoon stan I also like bb and cocc better than nfr. I rate btd as very good. The same applies to paradise. I would be interested in your opinion on btd. lfl is also my second favorite album. We already talked about the new single. and both are not that impressed. but the insider information seems to give some hope for the album.  

I don't take this lipster thing too seriously. In the end we are all here to discuss and share our opinions and joy about beautiful songs. Lana gave so much for everyone here and around the world. We don't have to fight for our opinion. It's always interesting to change the perspective on songs and to get insights from other perspectives.  I like this diversity that grows here. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need to single out special people, we can just see that we're all on the same level and can meet each other well there.  but as a game this award is of course interesting.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

VOTE

Your image is loading...

for

MOST ANNOYING

Congrats to all the nominated users! It's nice seeing old/new names on the nominations. :wub:

Also, Thank you for nominating me in something :oprah: last time I got a nomination was on 2020 when miss Anne snatched the award from me. Glad to see my campaign worked for one award I asked for. :wowcry:

Best of luck to all the nominees! 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

2 minutes ago, Paris Hilton said:

VOTE

Your image is loading...

for

MOST ANNOYING

Congrats to all the nominated users! It's nice seeing old/new names on the nominations. :wub:

Also, Thank you for nominating me in something :oprah: last time I got a nomination was on 2020 when miss Anne snatched the award from me. Glad to see my campaign worked for one award I asked for. :wowcry:

Best of luck to all the nominees! 

I will vote for you because you deserve it

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

Now that my initial nomination collapse has passed I wanted to thank ya’ll again for considering me for a few Lipster awards this year! I’m just a wee little pinky and don’t take myself very seriously 95% of the time on LB so the recognition feels really nice. However, I’d be remiss if I didn’t show my support for my fellow Lipsters who have been through thick and thin with me - the kind souls whose consistent demonstration of loyalty, friendship, and care is reflected in their iconic presence on Lanaboards. While all of the nominees have earned their spots on the final list I wanted to share my personal endorsements. I’m traveling a long ways today so lucky for you I’ve written an essay to keep you entertained. Without further ado for your consideration……

Most Active: @Surf Noir is an icon, a national treasure, and a hilarious human being whose sole activity on Lanaboards keeps the website profitable on a weekly basis* (*claims not substantiated by LB management) :true:

Best Username: If this Pinky doesn’t tickle your pickle then I strongly endorse the beautiful, unique, amazing, talented @takeitdoen. This is a double edged sword because the username is so iconic and I don’t want him to retire this name, so actually maybe don’t vote for him SHDBDJFB jk jk do it :oop:

Best Taste: The unquestionable influence, thoughtfulness, and intelligence of @honeybadger and @PatentLeatherDoOver is unmatched and both besties really stand out - from their Lana theories to their upcoming album discourse all of us gorls have been captivated by these two individuals for many eras :wowcry:

Worst Taste: She needs no introduction but this award has become synonymous with @Terrence Loves Me, a shining star on this forum whose posts never fail to make me laugh :godlaugh:

Nicest Member: If you decide Pinky’s aren’t your thing and you’re more of a thumb, index, or middle finger kind of gorl then @Alison by Slowdive is the bestie for you! Her kindness spans centuries - a prophecy foretold in 13 B.C. now physically manifested in the 21st century :pray2:

Best New Member: The devil works hard but @hotshot2am works harder - a technical savant, our technologically gifted bestie has made countless contributions to the DYK thread in our search for album information :typewriter:

Underrated Member: The showstopping @prettywhenimhigh is our resident goddess, the hostess with the mostest, an international icon known for her love of Tulla Luana and Gretchen Miranda. She is the sister everybody would want, I don’t know a better person :oprah3:

Most Missed Sis: @past the bushes is one of the funniest members I’ve encountered on this website, and those who had the pleasure of interacting with them know exactly what I’m talking about. Their gags never miss - an example of a model Lanaboards citizen :thumb2:

Biggest Stan: Without a doubt the person that comes to mind is @IanadeIrey - her knowledge of Lana lore down to her very own nail beds is the kind of nominee we need for this category :teehee:

Hybrid Fan: He’s not a hybrid fan, but really hybrid fam. @boom like that is the living embodiment of all things that make me go boom like that: he’s hot, he’s smart, and a true music lover of all kinds :bop:

Be My Daddy: The way I wanted to be hilarious with this next post but I couldn’t come up with anything because there’s nothing funny about how hot she is. @Venice’s beauty knows no limits, it permeates her very pores from her outer lewks to her inner soul. She changed my life this year in more ways than people will ever know and I’m so grateful for her friendship. This award is truly deserved :prettyhurts:

Thread of the Year: I haven’t stopped sobbing over “her” making the nominations list DJDNFFHD it’s the gift that keeps on giving. Crazy For You Pre-Leak is also an equal contender….the memories we shared and the shitposting that went on to reach a certain number of pages was next level :ma:

Thread of the Decade: Formal petition for sitewide access to the old Chemtrails pre-release which accidentally got merged by a mod bc some of my best gags were in those pages FJRJTJFNR. This thread was SUCH a mess and I’m here for it :thumb:

Leak of the Decade: If you don’t choose Life is Beautiful you have horrible taste :tanisha:

LB Moment of the Decade: Cassette Girl DESERVES and if you’re not voting for this you’re denying her and her fired grandparent’s rights to be cemented into Lanaboards history! :read:

And that’s it for now! God Bless ladies!!!

peace.gif

1 hour ago, blackestday89 said:

You often name the titles that I really like. even though i'm honeymoon stan I also like bb and cocc better than nfr. I rate btd as very good. The same applies to paradise. I would be interested in your opinion on btd. lfl is also my second favorite album. We already talked about the new single. and both are not that impressed. but the insider information seems to give some hope for the album.  

I don't take this lipster thing too seriously. In the end we are all here to discuss and share our opinions and joy about beautiful songs. Lana gave so much for everyone here and around the world. We don't have to fight for our opinion. It's always interesting to change the perspective on songs and to get insights from other perspectives.  I like this diversity that grows here. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need to single out special people, we can just see that we're all on the same level and can meet each other well there.  but as a game this award is of course interesting.

Full agree about your second paragraph. Yeas, I don't take the Lipsters too seriously, of course, but it's sad to be recognized in that category alone. But maybe there are even worse categories; I haven't read through them all; I just knew there were many categories for which I would have no answer, so I didn't participate. 

I like BTD a lot, especially the title track, 'VG,' 'BJ,' 'Radio,' 'DMD,' and 'National Anthem.' I miss that light touch of Lana's that we saw on 'Radio' and 'NA.' I'd like to see her return to some of that sort of humor and word play. I loved the Trip Hop Lana. The rest of the tracks, I'm not much of a fan of and never play. 

There are a few duds on LFL, and I like the original LFL title track a lot more than the one on the album, but there are so many challenging and dynamic songs, like '13 Beaches' (which for me has everything that the HM album lacks), 'WTWWAWWKOD,' 'BPBP,' 'Heroin,' 'White Mustang,' 'GBA,' 'Summer Bummer,' 'TNC'--and I like 'In My Feelings' too. I'm not a great fan of 'Cherry' or 'Love,' but I like them well enough ('Love' has grown on me over time). I like the diversity of the material, and I think '13 Beaches,' 'Heroin,' and 'When The World Was At War' really broadened her scope. I know 'BPBP' isn't perfectly produced in a lot of ways, and I know some younger fans cannot relate to Stevie's voice, but I think it's a beautiful song. So I'm a big fan of that album, because it feels alive and there's a whole range of emotions in play. 

To me, though I don't care for the title track much, 'BB' is fantastic. Lana is maturing and it's an album, as 'COCC' was, that reflects an individual approaching early middle age. 'VFR' and 'IYLDWM' are among, as I've said before, my Top 5 Lana songs. And I love 'Arcadia,' 'WFEF,' 'TB,' and 'BBS' too. I love most of 'COCC,' including the title track, 'White Dress,'  and 'Yosemite.' 

For me, most of 'NFR!' doesn't work. I love 'VB,' 'The Greatest,' and 'MAC,' and 'Hope' is obviously a brilliant song, but it's not what I look to Lana for. The rest doesn't do anything for me, and seems lazily written--like 'Love Song,' and the title track. If 'CG' had been produced better, with more booming base, it would have worked better for me, but it has that empty feeling that I find on HM tracks like 'Art Deco.' 

I'm glad we've connected. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and taking the time too. 

On 12/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, Elle said:

52582489889_dcb718ec9f_o.png

Well, you can’t agree with everyone. Opposite from our previous award, the Worst Taste award is for the one whose opinions leave others questioning. We’re sorry, but we still love you anyway.  

@baddisease

Well I didn’t get nominated for anything but I see that justice has been served to a certain Felony Floptinez and Lil Flopeep stan !

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: