Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Unrelated to MAC, but a huge amount of Lana’s work used some variation of a progression like Am-F-C-G, so recycling one of the most common progressions isn’t anything new or specific to Jack:bebe:

I’m not a huge Jack fan, but personally, there seems to be just as much work if not more from before Jack that bears melodic similarities to other artists’ work (Old Money, Video Games, Get Free, etc.). 

I think that this will be less common as Lana’s artistry progresses as she seems to delve more into less conventional melodic structures, and BoZ seems to indicate this about TUOB as well!

Comparisons will always be drawn, but I do think Lana’s headed toward a more distinct melodic sound with her next record:brows:

Chord progressions are always reused-there’s clear similarities between blue jeans and wicked game but it’s clearly not a rip off-it’s about melody and the style of the song more than anything but yes-let’s see what ocean brings 🙏

I don't think Get Free was "sue-worthy" per say, but besides Old Money, its the most glaringly obvious example in her entire catalog. I cannot listen to that song without thinking about Creep. MAC is a close third.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It’s interesting you mention last Christmas because I cannot hear one similarity between creep and get free-different genres, different vocal styles, different pace but I hear last Christmas in get free one hundred percent.

the same chord progression is used in this part 

but that’s why i never got the comparison because the rest of get free is SO different, i mean one song is rock the other is like dream pop/folk. the overall instrumental and melody just sound completely different, i never understood why she got sued for it. 

yes the chord progression/“weirdo” & “manifesto” melody in the chorus is the same but that’s literally it…i’ve listened to both songs so many times and just never heard what people were talking about. creep is such an iconic popular song, it’s natural for music that comes after it to sound a bit similar 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 hours ago, Fingertips said:

I don't think Get Free was "sue-worthy" per say, but besides Old Money, its the most glaringly obvious example in her entire catalog. I cannot listen to that song without thinking about Creep. MAC is a close third.

Old Money - Romeo and Juliet

but,

what does MAC resemble? (Once a friend told me it sounded like Wicked Games, but for me Blue Jeans sounds quite more simmilar to that song and that almost never gets pointed at)

11 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Old Money - Romeo and Juliet

but,

what does MAC resemble? (Once a friend told me it sounded like Wicked Games, but for me Blue Jeans sounds quite more simmilar to that song and that almost never gets pointed at)

This song, and it is Very similar and although the song has few streams, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack or Lana had previously listened to his catalogue. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

also found this sampler tracklist sent to the Guardian, claimed to be posted on LDR.fm back then (idk if thats reliable tho)
lO8dCXDio40.jpg?size=1093x512&quality=96

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)
Born to Die (Emile Haynie)
Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)
Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)
Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)
Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)
This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)
Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
Are You Ready? (Eg White)
Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)
You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
Carmen (Justin Parker)
Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

No one could replicate Rick's guitar on Yosemite for example :creepna2: (only themselves on Dragon Slayer :thumb2:)

Or themselves on Change's piano.

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

since we’re on the sample/copy topic (and the thread’s dead anyway) is the WTWWAWWKD intro an officially credited sample or another "mistake" cause it’s basically this :smokes:

The intro to WTWWAWWKD just alternates between two chords, but Horizon moves between 5 different ones, so it’s likely just a coincidence that gets emphasized from the strumming. The first two chords are the same though! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

my top 3 off each lana album

aka:  queen of the gas station, smarty, pawn shop blues

btd: this is what makes us girls, carmen, blue jeans

btd-p: gods & monsters, lolita, ride

uv: florida kilos, sad girl, money power glory

hm: salvatore, art deco, God knows i tried

lfl: love, tomorrow never came, beautiful people beautiful problems

nfr: mariners apartment complex, bartender, love song

cotcc: wild at heart, let me love u like a woman, tusla jesus freak

bb: thunder, sweet carolina, blue banisters

(idea is from my sister, LB user burthday kake)

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

Sending kisses from a Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence themed party :smile:

dress code is black and I swear it looks like a tumblr goth party. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

also found this sampler tracklist sent to the Guardian, claimed to be posted on LDR.fm back then (idk if thats reliable tho)
lO8dCXDio40.jpg?size=1093x512&quality=96

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)
Born to Die (Emile Haynie)
Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)
Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)
Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)
Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)
This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)
Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
Are You Ready? (Eg White)
Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)
You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
Carmen (Justin Parker)
Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

it's real

b0f7454bfdf51c714ff15397c7039290ee13dd98.gifv  1934eb52b983d677f8e845ced8d24c81c668c26f.gifv  a9ea5d92d62c706ba0d7db931e3cbe74d86e7998.gifv

y o u r  h o t , h o t  w e a t h e r  i n   t h e  s u m m e r  . . .

I just had a dream that Lana toured again and she started the setlist with Dealer, picked deep cuts from every album, and ended the night with West Coast and it was the best show she's ever done

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

ok you guys are getting crazy. courtney is literally just showing her appreciation for lana :awkney:

they are so deranged omg. She only positive adoring things about lana and they're finding ways to be mad,,,,,,courtney haters stay ugly and reaching

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

How would everyone feel about a Billie Eilish collab on this record? I'm listening to "bitches broken hearts" on repeat again and I want them to make a 2.0 for this song together.

giphy.gif