DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

I wish it was longer, honestly. The instrumental is a little loud too, but i like it overall!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

obv, this a jazz soundtrack to a show. So nothing to do with lasso.

As for the song. I'm sure it works really well within the context of the show. But as a stand-alone track, meh.

the outro is longer than the song itself. Not something i see myself listening to more than once. 

Yeah I didn’t mean to link this to her current work- it’s more so because they’ve messed up the “country” genre and long outros are something I’d enjoy.. but in this “jazzy” soundscape and not country.. hence I said in her next album rollout maybe 

that being said, I will certainly not listen to this on repeat.. not that I do with her singles anyway.. I prefer a full body of work, so if she did release songs on her album with a long ass outro.. it would need to work with the other songs 

the outro wasn’t giving me jazz either.. its something like 70s psychedelic but I can’t put my finger on it.. its 4am though and I’ve just woke up in the night and listened to it.. so maybe I need to spend some more time with it when I’m fully awake 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

9 minutes ago, Andre Lamoglia said:

the outro kinda reminds me of thousand eyes by twigs idk :teehee: BUT we need an album that sounds exactly like this

Honeymoon was lana's jazz phase. I don't think she will repeat that until much later in her career. Give me 24, honeymoon, terrence loves you etc over Blue Skies anyway

5 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

it’s midnight on the east coast in the US. I don’t see it on Spotify (I’m on the west coast)

You have to scroll down on her singles section. They messed up the release date so it shows up under Country Roads. 

She sounds incredible and her voice is so crisp and clear. That makes me excited for how she’ll sound on the songs recorded in 2023/2024 for Lasso since it’s been almost a year and a half since the very last vocals for Ocean Blvd were recorded (September 2022 with Margaret).

My only gripe is how Lana sings for like, half of the song - and the other half is that fade in/fade out. BUT I get that this likely fits into the scenes of the show so it’s just a cute little musical interlude. So I can’t complain - but I’m always going to want more Lana on any song :bop: 

Ahhh it's incredible! I figured it would be. I love this jazz sound on her, it's one of my favourites. If she made a whole record of songs like this, I would never stop listening to it. Her vocals suit jazz soooo well, she's truly meant for this. Valentine's Day brings us an incredible performance once again xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Her vocals are amazing. And the production is sightly eery and I do love it. I hope Jack brings this mixing and vocal clarity to Lasso

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

This is really good if we don’t count the overly long outro. A much better cover than Take Me Tank, Country Tanks. Genuinely one of best Blue Skies versions I’ve heard (honestly better than Ella and Frank Sinatra’s version if we only count the singing part), but overall, it’s just too short and unnecessary long at the same time :crossed:. I love the part where she’s in it. Love her voice in this. Absolutely love the arrangement. I also love the production. It’s giving old black and white cartoons. But I wish it was longer. It’s too short and too much dead air at the end (why did they include that at the end? :facepalm: just make the song 1:50 or something, this will tank the streaming numbers henny :biblio:). It’s barely a song lol. They should’ve just let it be a short song if that’s what they were going for instead of trying to extended like that. Or just make it a real full song (more instrumentation or ad libs towards the end or even just repeat the lyrics/part of the song again). This filler thing does not work for me. 

Also, I shouldn’t even mention streaming numbers because this won’t do sh!t despite how good it is. The structure is fucked up. This could’ve been another Stargirl type smash if it were just 1:50. Maybe not on that level exactly, but it would certainly do a lot better than what it will be doing, that’s for sure. The outro kills the replayability of the song.

Idk another flop/missed opportunity. Will not be replayed or playlisted sorry.

30 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

that one vocalization at 2:00 reminds me of the million dollar man live performance:ma:

damn it's really been that long since we heard her scatting huh :wub:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑