Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I really can't believe this is happening right now SKFRJKS I had a strong inclination she was going to randomly announce something during Grammy week.. x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

The way it’s going to have Prettiest Girl in Country Music ft. Nikki Lane 

The melody in the chorus is enchanting 🥹🥹

I was about to go to bed but I just needed to see if anyone is still going to mention psychedelic surf rock after she Lassoes us into inevitably becoming massive country stans 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Chemtrails wasn’t enough :rip:?

Don’t care for country (I don’t listen to this genre AT ALL :rip:). But “Lasso” EATS as a title :gurl:.

I am curious how this will do. It’s either going to flop horribly again Chemtrails style or be huge. There’s no inbetween mefears.

Not obsessed with country but I really like the Henry Come On snippet, also the "Hey Blue Baby" song she sung live with Jack a few years ago, and I absolute LOVED that one "all my friends say my life's like a bad country song", so I have faith it will be good. I mean there's different styles of country and she doesn't necessarily have to be yee-hawing all over the track... like Chemtrails has strong country vibes and I like a lot of those songs. My concern is that Lana is at her best when she infuses her art with a bit of edginess and I feel like country is always very simple and sincere and doesn't really allow for that ethereal/strange 'twin peaks' kinda vibe that Lana taps into.

Just please Lana give us good visuals, especially if the music is stripped back and minimal we need Ocean Blvd level production on the cover to bring it to life. Also Country Road was cute but it's not an album track girl.

These are my demands requests.