Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the question in my mind is why there is no insider speaking about the upcoming album:stareney:

boz was probably locked in a cellar and Queen Kintsugi is waiting for the right moment to spill, I know it

2 hours ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the question in my mind is why there is no insider speaking about the upcoming album:stareney:

she's in a new publishing company and working in different studios than usual, so i wonder if the regular insiders don't have the music either

The reason everyone and their mother knew about Ocean Blvd was that some people got their hands on the tracks probably while they were sent to mastering (since nobody knew about the late addition candy necklaces). And then people were sharing them privately for some nudes.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

17 hours ago, NikoGo said:

(...) . I truly think the days of her announcing an album with a super long, drawn out pre release is over.

(...) 

I think so, too, as these times (finally, luckily) seem to be over in general, but I also feel like September is realistic. She's just announced it, without starting a pre-sale. In the last years I usually preordered vinyls so many months ahead of release date, now it's like 2 months max. for any artist. I hope Lana won't be an exception, I'm tired of paying for stuff arriving 6 months later. 

8 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I still have hopes of having Lasso this fall. She unofficially announced it early enough to be realistic and she's been working on it for a long time: (...) 

Your whole "essay" seems very true to me. 

8 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

(no idea why the quote was split into 2 parts) 

It was expensive watch it 

I guess none of our usual insiders has any info because she works with the Nashville folks. We should dig deeper in that direction. I am pretty sure if we ask the right people they would happily spill some tea 

Everything. Forever.

I’m late but…
My timeline:

May - nothing

June - nothing 

July - snippet of song 15 seconds no title

August - nothing

September - nothing

Mid October - single release 

December -  An interview for a magazine where she briefly mentions the album, how she’s excited for it but the interview is mostly awful and about irrelevant drivel. 

January- Releases a budget Music video/live performance for first single in black and white has a known country singer playing guitar whilst she sings.

End of February - Preorder, cover and new song, Album release date for April 17th, the album title is different ‘Lasso my Heart’ or something like that. 

March - merch revealed- cowgirl hats and embroidered denim Jackets which she sells for $320 plus postage. She also adds a few new T shirts with Lasso on in white on black in basic font which are incredibly bland.

April -Album release and another video, critics rate the album 74 with comparisons to Beyonce but stating Lana should have stuck with her Norman Rockwell sound and style, that it falls flat at times. Guardian gives the album 3 stars making irrelevant comments about other artists like Taylor and Billie. 

May - Lana mentions another album she’s working on and is seen with Jack in the studio 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

24 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m late but…
My timeline:

September - nothing

Mid October - single release 

April -Album release and another video, critics rate the album 74 with comparisons to Beyonce but stating Lana should have stuck with her Norman Rockwell sound and style, that it falls flat at times. Guardian gives the album 3 stars making irrelevant comments about other artists like Taylor and Billie. 

This made me laugh out loud and I agree with it to a certain extend :omfg2: but then again it'd be so funny if she followed through her word and actually release the album with the name Lasso in September of this year.

OIP.pWy7Ne77qWHp-pxlTlmFlgAAAA?rs=1&pid=

29 minutes ago, JamesHomofield said:

This made me laugh out loud and I agree with it to a certain extend :omfg2: but then again it'd be so funny if she followed through her word and actually release the album with the name Lasso in September of this year.

I think that would be so strange, as she nearly always changes the title 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

True! I'm also under the impression she'll change the title. Maybe in September we'll know the actual name of the album :wowcry:

OIP.pWy7Ne77qWHp-pxlTlmFlgAAAA?rs=1&pid=

Let's predict the length for the possible Lasso title track! :scajo2: I want it to be 7:36 but it probably is 4:49

url%5D

27 minutes ago, Embach said:

Let's predict the length for the possible Lasso title track! :scajo2: I want it to be 7:36 but it probably is 4:49

Manifesting the longest song being 7:36 minutes :legend:

Definetly would be here for another 7+ song,  Venice Bitch and A&W are some of her best, we need to complete the trio:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

32 minutes ago, Embach said:

I think title track will be under 4 

I kinda think the average length of the songs this time around will be 3:30, because after ocean she talked about wanting to do more ‘simple’ songs 

watch, I say this and all songs will be over 5 minutes :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think Lasso is a great title, and it's here to stay.

It's the second best out of her one-word titles, second only to Ultraviolence, and I 'm sure Lana loves it and isn't going to change it. For sure, there's a single with that name as well, and it's probably a song she loves.

Speaking of Paul Cauthen and Orville Peck, Peck's new song about cowboys will set back understanding about homosexuality 1,000 years. Even if it is meant to be comic on some level. 

44 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Speaking of Paul Cauthen and Orville Peck, Peck's new song about cowboys will set back understanding about homosexuality 1,000 years. Even if it is meant to be comic on some level. 

Do you mean cowboys are secretly fond of each other?

You do realize that’s a super old song, right? :bebe: It first came out in 1981 and has been re-recorded by many artists 

"Don’t forget me"

can't wait for lasso to be lana's S&M era

also this started as a joke in my head but the more i think about it it actually lowkey kinda makes sense because she's been wanting to be back in her vulnerable, toxic relationship era 

"you lassoed me daddy, tied me down to the bed. your truck drove away, you left me for dead" would be iconic lyrics to be so honest and we could get an album cover where she's tied to a railroad in the desert with a train in the background coming to run her over like an old school western. it fits with the vehicle theme (never used a train on a cover) and fits question for the culture from the last 3-4 years

raiload_tied4_by_evenmorethanthis_dfe010

:true:

(also do i think this would happen? no im having fun let me cook)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole