LDRO

Instagram Updates

20 minutes ago, The Siren said:

tbh i know im gonna buy the album regardless of what's released so i know im gonna listen to the leaks. (unless she takes serious legal action against the leaks)

Idk, Not telling anyone they can’t listen if they want.

But the manner in which these were retrieved “I know theft is theft” was brutal, And it seems it’s escalating.

I personally think we shouldn’t give any leakers / download sites attention when it comes to these songs.

EDIT:

Didn’t see your above reply until posted…

IMG-3521.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Siren said:

100% agree. i forgot to continue my train of thought. i meant to mention that it also depends on how the leaks were obtained. thank you for reminding me.

if the leaks were obtained like this, then its harder to consume them cos we know how hurtful it is to the creator of the material.

if they were obtained by a "friend of a friend of someone who had the original files", etc iss a diff story and its easier to listen to them cos they werent obtained with brute force like smashing in car windows

But how do you determine the origin? A lot of the people involved are not exactly forthcoming or honest.

I think we should have threads for songs (including leaked songs) but the focus should be on the music, and not on who leaked it, and who has it, and who didn't share it with who, and who has whatever the fuck other song and etc. By ceasing that discussion, we're taking away the incentive for people to steal from her, because they don't get any credit if they do. And that's something we can all make an effort to bring about, it shouldn't be something Elle has to enforce

I'm heavily medicated for a migraine rn so maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think the basic attitude towards leaked songs needs to be adjusted.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Idk, Not telling anyone they can’t listen if they want.

But the manner in which these were retrieved “I know theft is theft” was brutal, And it seems it’s escalating.

I personally think we shouldn’t give any leakers / download sites attention when it comes to these songs.

EDIT:

Didn’t see your above reply until posted…

it just really fucking sucks because Lana has more to lose with things leaking than anyone else involved

i just hope she gets her stuff back untouched :trisha:

1 minute ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

But how do you determine the origin? A lot of the people involved are not exactly forthcoming or honest.

I think we should have threads for songs (including leaked songs) but the focus should be on the music, and not on who leaked it, and who has it, and who didn't share it with who, and who has whatever the fuck other song and etc. By ceasing that discussion, we're taking away the incentive for people to steal from her, because they don't get any credit if they do. And that's something we can all make an effort to bring about, it shouldn't have to be something Elle has to enforce

I'm heavily medicated for a migraine rn so maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think the basic attitude towards leaked songs needs to be adjusted.

as far as who leaked what, i dont pay attention to that cos its really uninteresting and im not a buyer for Lana's unleaked material. id rather buy official releases.

i got to thinking what if it was some random act of violence and the person has no idea it was “art” and they just threw away her journals or diaries the book was on ? or are we assuming it was on the computer ? 

imagine the journal ends up in a landfill somewhere 😭😭

@Rorman Nockwell your points are so well-constructed. What you’re adding to the discourse around leaked songs here—which, let’s face it, is a huge part of the site regardless of morality—is invaluable. I hope as a community we follow suit with what you’re saying because it’s much needed and really important. Thank you <3

HOLY SHIT

OK I REALIZE EITHER VEHICLE BEING BROKEN INTO IS WRONG IN EVERY WAY BUT SHE SAID CAR NOT TRUCK AND AN OLDER VEHICLES GLASS IS EASIER TO BREAK THEY BETTER NOT HAVE DONE THIS TO HER MERCEDES

Spoiler

Sincerely  Hope whoever recovers the security footage may it be a Clerk or Police Officer, Leaks the information of the guy to the Internet.

IMG-3521.jpg

Wow…..poor Lana.  But you honestly need your devices backed up to cloud and encrypted to shit these days. I’m surprised she didn’t do this after the last time she was robbed.  Chances are the person took the stuff, wiped it and then sold it on.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@Rorman Nockwell your points are so well-constructed. What you’re adding to the discourse around leaked songs here—which, let’s face it, is a huge part of the site regardless of morality—is invaluable. I hope as a community we follow suit with what you’re saying because it’s much needed and really important. Thank you <3

Well thank you but really, I think if anyone could watch that video of her and not feel upset then there is something wrong with them

It made me realise that these actions aren't harmless and they affect her actual life and safety

It is ultimately @Elle's decision how we move forward or if anything changes, but maybe we could have a vote or just a thread to put forward different ideas as far as rules or whatever

7 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

i got to thinking what if it was some random act of violence and the person has no idea it was “art” and they just threw away her journals or diaries the book was on ? or are we assuming it was on the computer ? 

that’s a really depressing thought honestly :sadcore4: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

12 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

Not sure if this point has been made already but best case scenario whoever broke into her car did not do so with the intention of obtaining sensitive information about her. We all know she's had numerous crazed stalkers, so it's a real possibility that one of them followed her or spotted her and saw an opportunity to steal Lana-related stuff from her. Even still if the person didn't know who she was when they broke in, they might have realized they could make serious bank by selling content from the laptop and hard drives. I seriously feel for her because there are a lot of different ways this could go, from extortion to careless leaking to tossing it all in some garbage bin minutes after they sorted through the backpack. All I can say is poor Lana...she seriously can't catch a break.

Yeah I mean I'm not saying that the people who broke into her house and/or car are leakers looking for songs

But whoever these scumbags are, down the road, it leads to this frenzy over leaks which ultimately incentivises people to try to get into her devices (or her car or her house or whatever)

We don't know who these people are but the point is, we can adjust our behaviour to give them as little credit as possible for doing it

21 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

This makes me sick

:crying2:

IMG-3521.jpg

15 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Wow…..poor Lana.  But you honestly need your devices backed up to cloud and encrypted to shit these days. I’m surprised she didn’t do this after the last time she was robbed.  Chances are the person took the stuff, wiped it and then sold it on.  

I was also like WTF with the cloud thing

I think she's just not very good at technology (or she is, but these leakers/hackers are better)

She needs to employ a good cyber security person. It won't protect her 100% but I'm sure there are steps that can be taken to make her stuph more secure

45 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think the question people should be asking is: what are these leaks are costing Lana? And I don't mean financially.

People are breaking into her property to obtain them, and they wouldn't have any incentive to do so if people didn't carry on about leaks sm (again, I'm not distancing myself from this, because I've done it, too).

The actions that are being taken to obtain the leaks are causing her serious distress and harm. Therefore, the argument that it "doesn't affect her" or that "she has enough money so she doesn't care" no longer apply. She put this up because she wants us to know this, and I think we all need to think seriously about how we conduct ourselves in relation to leaks.

It's inevitable that people will find and listen to leaks (and then come here to talk about them), but I think threads promoting snippets and begging and "get to 100 pages to get the leak" should cease. Of course, this isn't my decision but that's my two cents.

Wonderfully written. Agreed.

Someone tried to break into my house two weeks ago. Fortunately both me and my friend/roommate were home and could scare the intruder away - still we were very alarmed and even after changing the damaged lock, the event still permeates ever since it happened all the way to the smallest of our daily routines. I can’t imagine what it feels like to have that happen to your home, your car, your work as an artist… not to mention your overall safety as a human being since, on top of everything else I’ve mentioned, she’s been stalked and harassed multiple times by nutcases. After a while, there’s only so much a person can endure. I admire her a lot for staying strong and defiant but it would be unfair to assume this isn’t taking a toll on her as it would to any of us.

As far as the leaks go, I’m not very active in leak threads (save for a couple like the first Dealer demo we got and Valley of The Dolls) so I can’t attest to the way LB behaves when it comes to leaks in general nor would I have any standing on this subject since I have tons of unreleased songs from her since ever in my possession; it would be hypocritical of me to pretend I’m in some sort of higher road. What I will do instead is support what you and other members have already said and adopt a no-listen-to-future-leaks stance since that’s the least I can do as a fan. 

Hope she gets better and is able to minimize the personal damage the most she’s able to.

IMG-7960.jpg