Sign in to follow this  
Lad

Lipsters Awards 2019

why the hell @ Jared won 'can you come up w something else' and not... well... you-know-who

congrats UV :defeated: not my #1 but still up there!!!!

Because, while a certain member seem to know the address to Jack Antonoff's studio and seem to have a life threatening addiction to Pitchfork reviews and Metacritic scores (isn't that all the same anyway?), other members have the ability to write detailed thinkpieces and comments about the current state of things without having to parrot critics, while also re-using the same two gifs every posts. Might be why a certain member won over another

But what the hell do I know about all this nonsense?  :teehee:

200.gif

Also congrats to Ultraviolence for winning album of the decade, while being the actual album of the decade. 

Taste & common sense.

i still can't believe i was nominated for worst taste twice in a row.  i'm gonna get best taste in 2021 though.

congrats to everyone who won!

giphy.gif

Okay well this all went down at 5am Sunday morning, so ...

2F4t7en.gif

Congratulations to @@Clampigirl on her awards: Most Active and Nicest Member. Definitely well deserved and LanaBoreds would be poorer without your presence.

Congratulations to @@Nobody for Best Username - I enjoy your contributions even if we don't always agree with each other.

Congratulations to @@Harvie Weinstinez for worst username. The misspelled name of a known predator was always going to be hard to beat, and you thoroughly deserve. You are forever immortalised in Cola, even if Lanz insists otherwise.

Congratulations to @@Elle on your awards, Biggest Stan, Veteran Member, and Peace Keeper. Thank you for  everything you do here at LanaBoreds.  

@@Valerie isn't around anymore (or is she? :creep:) but I'm sure she'd be proud of her awards.

Congratulations to @@UltraHeroin for Best Taste: even your username implies exquisite taste, as both UV and Heroin are excellent.

Congratulations to @@Terrence Loves Me: there are too many examples of your terrible taste to mention, and I mean that in the most complimentary way.

Congratulations to @@PARADIXO on the Blogger award: thank you to you, and to everyone else, who shares their writing with the rest of us via blogs. This is one of those categories where I think all four nominees were deserving, and I think a lot of users don't look at the blog section of this site and that's a shame because there's some really rad content there.

Congratulations to @@SparkleJumpropeNoose on the Status Update award. He often ruffles a few feathers but being controversial is far better than being boring, and he certainly achieves that. Everyone should also check out Pontie's blog for impeccable commentary on Lanz's outfits, amongst other things. Love you, Pontie!

Congratulations to @@evilentity on Veteran Member. You bring a lot of lesser known facts and level-headedness to the discussions, and I appreciate that.  

Congratulations to @@alejxndro on Underrated Member! I think this award sums you up in that I don't see you posting all that much but when you do, you're usually on point.

As for the Best New Member award - all four other nominees are mates of mine/people I've had convos with in DM, and I consider them all deserving (plus many other people who were not nominated), but I am over the (LA to the) moon for my mate, and stick-figuring partner @movebaby! Congratulations and ily!

Congratulations @@SlowGinFizzzz on Best Hybrid Fan - I don't really venture into the threads for other artists on here but I know you're a very committed multi-stan, so well deserved.

@@Jared definitely deserves his awards ... sooner or later he'll no doubt be in here with the same gifs ...

Congratulations to @@annedauphine on Most Forgotten. I hope she (and @salvatore, @@LanaFlowers and @CmonDownToFL) all return at some point.

Congratulations to @@TheBoss on the art award! Thoroughly deserved, and a big thank you to everyone who shares their art on LanaBoreds.

I don't really go into the threads about non-Lana related content so can't really comment on Sluttiest or Hottest Member ...

Thank you to @@Lad for hosting, and the guest hosts.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me - I love you all. There were so many people who deserved to win or even be nominated who didn't/weren't ... too numerous to list them all, but I think most people on here are really rad, and if you're on my friends list, then I think you're really really rad, because we all know I'm a petty bitch and I'd kick you off if I didn't like you. :oic2:

Anyway, I don't actually hate Lanz or I wouldn't be here; I just dislike a lot of her current antics. I'm also a raging insomniac and rather fucked up, so I have a lot of feelings and I tend to just ... say what I want. With dramatic flair, apparently.

To any haters: I have nothing but love for you. It just isn't that serious. I am many things, but a passive aggressive coward isn't one of them, and if you really want to fight me, @ me anytime, anywhere! :makeup:

Whilst we're on the topic of polarisation, the polar ice caps are melting because climate change is real, save the koalas, and go vegan.

PEACCCCEEEEE

Oh and Honeymoon didn't win so @MXDH and I will continue to irritate you throughout 2020.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

MIA-Met-Ball+shampalove+blog+5.jpg

ugh im finally here all dressed up and everyone has already left??? and no one texted me the address for the afterparty? wow.

a big congrats to all the winners but especially @@movebaby and @@RormanNockwell and @@SparkleJumpropeNoose (and @@Valerie who i hate to admit is truly an icon), thanks to @@Lad for organizing

ugh, truly, what an experience.  cant wait till lipsters 2020, hopefully the world has fully burned and no one has internet bc we're all just scrounging for scraps to survive in the New Scorched Earth

image006.png

Anyway, I don't actually hate Lanz or I wouldn't be here; I just dislike a lot of her current antics. I'm also a raging insomniac and rather fucked up, so I have a lot of feelings and I tend to just ... say what I want. With dramatic flair, apparently.

To any haters: I have nothing but love for you. It just isn't that serious. I am many things, but a passive aggressive coward isn't one of them, and if you really want to fight me, @ me anytime, anywhere! :makeup:

Whilst we're on the topic of polarisation, the polar ice caps are melting because climate change is real, save the koalas, and go vegan.

PEACCCCEEEEE

Oh and Honeymoon didn't win so @MXDH and I will continue to irritate you throughout 2020.

This is why I stan you Rorman! Rorman queen of the desert.

And we will continue to re-write the lyrics to Norbit Freakin' Rockwet throughout 2020.

This one goes out to @@Jared and @@California wherever they are:

If you come back to LanaBooooaaards

Just hit me u-uuup...

california log on and call the lipster winners mentally ill or some shit challenge

or result to call anyone stupid bitches for a lack of a better comeback or argument

omg ok i've been lurking the thread from work all day but haven't had time to properly respond. thank you so much to everyone who voted for me, i'm so fucking honored to fucking win fucking best fucking banned fucking member *takes drag of vape* and fucking best fucking new fucking member! (ok you know what, being lana del rey is exhausting, i give up) anyway im super appreciative that anyone voted for me at all but i'm proudest by far of lanastickfigures for winning best insta; @@RormanNockwell and i (but mostly her lol) put so much time and effort into each piece and it means a lot to me to have that recognized  :kiss: im far too brain fried at present to be articulate (its been....a long week lol) but i'm glad to have been part of this! there are so many individual people i'd like to recognize and congratulate, but due to the fact that i'm about to legitimately pass out from exhaustion in this coffee shop, i'll just extend my deepest congratulations to all of the winners, both to those who claimed well deserved victories and to those whose wins made literally no fucking sense  :creep: .

also, my banned member award goes out spiritually to those who fell by my side, @@SweetHenny and @@MoreCruelThanYou (gone but not forgotten :rip:)

it's just the way i feel

Awh, I'm so sad to have missed the awards ceremony - I had a busy day between attending my one best friend's wedding dress fitting & sending my other best friend off to Jordan tonight! But I just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for voting for me for my nominated categories and all the kind words.. So honoured to have won Veteran Member & Peace Keeper and not have been snubbed for Biggest Stan! Also, I'm very honored to be runner up to @@PARADIXO for the second year in a row for Be My Daddy/Hottest Member :creep: He deserves x

Anyway, sometimes I feel like I don't say it enough, sometimes I feel like I say it too much that it's lost all meaning, but it never stops being true - I really love each and every one of you with so much of my heart and I am so grateful for this place. Getting to see fun little community events like these makes my heart so full, and it's so clear how much love is in this community (even if there's some cattiness here and there sometimes) and it fills me with so much joy. 

Thank you guys for always being the best & I'm sending my love out to everyone xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

My impact and my mind, it amazes me

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

My impact and my mind, it amazes me

o·ver·es·ti·mate

verb

gerund or present participle: overestimating
/ˌōvərˈestəˌmāt/
  1. estimate (something) to be better, larger, or more important than it really is.

o·ver·es·ti·mate

verb

gerund or present participle: overestimating
/ˌōvərˈestəˌmāt/
  1. estimate (something) to be better, larger, or more important than it really is.

jealousy
jel-uh-see ]SHOW IPA

noun, plural jeal·ous·ies for 4.

jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

jealousy

[ jel-uh-see ]SHOW IPA

SEE SYNONYMS FOR jealousy ON THESAURUS.COM

noun, plural jeal·ous·ies for 4.

jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.

mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

Not only overestimating, but also delusional. Werk.

Are the Lipsters usually the same date or just a general time of the year? Wanna request the day off for next year so I can fully attend :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I’m in such a bad place right now that this actually makes me happy omg...

Also this isn’t just a misspelled version of Harvey Weinstein, it’s a Melanie Martinez joke and I don’t know if everybody got that? But whatever

Thanks to anyone who voted for me!! Love yall

I’m in such a bad place right now that this actually makes me happy omg...

Also this isn’t just a misspelled version of Harvey Weinstein, it’s a Melanie Martinez joke and I don’t know if everybody got that? But whatever

Thanks to anyone who voted for me!! Love yall

Ohhhh I didn't 'cos I'm a dumb bitch, but well played! Haha. Grats.

Are the Lipsters usually the same date or just a general time of the year? Wanna request the day off for next year so I can fully attend :creep:

Yeah I know it's difficult with timezones but can we please not do it at 5am Australian time if at all possible? :rip: We have quite a few Australians here and all of us were asleep. Or fell asleep, in the case of @takeitdoen.