Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, boom like that said:

God this prerelease was insane... :deadbanana: And we're so close to surpassing the NFR! prerelease too :air: tbh looking back at it, COCC thread might just be as iconic :gasp: What a fucking ride, can't wait to do this all again in the Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution prerelease thread :whine:

you mean the thread we get in like 2 weeks when COCC releases and Lana's like "Oh yeah, my next album is called Ceiling Fans On Autopilot -- due out next year" or something obscure hahaha

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

you mean the thread we get in like 2 weeks when COCC releases and Lana's like "Oh yeah, my next album is called Ceiling Fans On Autopilot -- due out next year" or something obscure hahaha

Can't wait for the reset where we discuss what the vinyl colors gonna be and manifesting a surf noir rock album with a little "soft psychedelics" while we drift in limbo waiting for her inevitable neo-country album written with Zach and Nikki Lane HlWsNqK.png

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

11 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

Oh ok, sorry!:kiss2:

Dont worry love! Your hype will return when the occasion calls for it!! 

Sending my positive vibes your way legend! :kiss::heart:

2 hours ago, Distantly said:

You truly won harder than anyone’s ever won and I’m happy for you. Seeing some of your posts in that GBA/interview thread that got bumped earlier today make me really appreciate how much you deserve this happiness. 

edit: also please never stop beefing with @Terrence Loves Me because it’s a highlight on This site from both of you :kiss:

this is gonna make me cry wait wait wait hold on wait give me a moment wait hold on just hold on a second wait 

guys, I want to share this with you. When Norman was about to be released I was so excited; Even since Lana announced the date I felt like it was going to be the longest month of my life.
This doesn't happen to me with "Chemtrails" and it's weird, I don't feel excited by it, I mean, of course I'm going to listen to it but it feels different than when Norman was going to be released.
I remember that with Norman I was just thinking "God, this is going to be Lana's best album" and with "Chemtrails" I have no feeling. The positive is that by not having expectations, Lana could tear off my wig and she could surprise me with the album.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I was just thinking "God, this is going to be Lana's best album" 

Your voyant mind wow you were right

tbh I am excited because I love the two first singles, I know I'll LOOOOOVE Tulsa Jesus Freak, I think For Free is going to be one of her best covers if not the best

it's just going to feel so good having new music

However, I'm not that excited either because it seems like there's no real era with a promo rollout and also because NFR is still very fresh to me and I listen to it daily so I don't excatly need new music from her atm

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

guys, I want to share this with you. When Norman was about to be released I was so excited; Even since Lana announced the date I felt like it was going to be the longest month of my life.
This doesn't happen to me with "Chemtrails" and it's weird, I don't feel excited by it, I mean, of course I'm going to listen to it but it feels different than when Norman was going to be released.
I remember that with Norman I was just thinking "God, this is going to be Lana's best album" and with "Chemtrails" I have no feeling. The positive is that by not having expectations, Lana could tear off my wig and she could surprise me with the album.

I feel the same way honestly. It's so lackluster getting zero updates and I've lost almost all hype for the album besides impatiently waiting. I highkey feel bad too, since I've always been so excited for new Lana stuff, with Chemtrails its just different. I hope I wake up the day it's released and am in shock with how amazing it is. If it isn't, I'll be PISSED :xcry:

yeah.jpg

I’m getting really excited about Dance Till We Die. I rewatched Lana’s performance of Diamonds and Rust with Joan Baez at the Greek Theatre and you can really just see how big of a moment it was for Lana to be up there singing with her, not to mention, foster a beautiful connection with her.

I haven’t seen a lot of people talk about that song in particular but I feel like it will be one of the ones we end up relating to the most. As this pre-release comes to a close, I’ve read people’s sentimental feelings about the last 10 months and I feel like - as we’re all united here by our love for Lana - we’ve truly embodied the meaning of community and this thread (minus the drama :troll:) is so emblematic of what music can do for people and how we develop these connections through it. Dance Till We Die (preemptively, to me) seems to be about that and I cannot wait to hear it. <3

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m getting really excited about Dance Till We Die. I rewatched Lana’s performance of Diamonds and Rust with Joan Baez at the Greek Theatre and you can really just see how big of a moment it was for Lana to be up there singing with her, not to mention, foster a beautiful connection with her.

I haven’t seen a lot of people talk about that song in particular but I feel like it will be one of the ones we end up relating to the most. As this pre-release comes to a close, I’ve read people’s sentimental feelings about the last 10 months and I feel like - as we’re all united here by our love for Lana - we’ve truly embodied the meaning of community and this thread (minus the drama :troll:) is so emblematic of what music can do for people and how we develop these connections through it. Dance Till We Die (preemptively, to me) seems to be about that and I cannot wait to hear it. <3

Honey, YES! Perfectly said! I'm also very much looking forward to it! I have no idea what to expect this song to sound like. 

52 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I feel the same, not all the time but for most of the time. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because LMLYLAW didn’t interest me much - it’s a sweet song but I easily forget it exists, I don’t think it’s bad, I kind of just accept it’s there. I can’t relate to the lyrics, but that hasn’t been a problem with other Lana songs, so I just hope I’ll grow into loving it more as I grow older. COCC sounds absolutely beautiful but I haven’t overplayed it. Maybe it’s the everyday-life style of lyrics I don’t care too much for? Kind of like LFL? I don’t know. But I absolutely love hearing it on radio, I’m so happy when they play it.

Maybe it’s just the way Lana’s been the past year; I still don’t understand why she felt the need to post QOTC and not just do sexy things if that’s what she wants to do, I think she’s dumb for wearing a mesh glitter mask (no, I don’t believe there was a plastic layer underneath it), I think having a book signing in a physical store during an ongoing pandemic was stupid... I’ve just been mostly disappointed in her and maybe that has affected my hype for this album. That, and also that I don’t wonder too much what the sound will be this time. I’ve already heard Norman so I can guess what this album will sound like, Dealer was the only track that sounded like it would stand out to me so that’s why I was really hoping to see it on the tracklist. I’ve been wanting to hear her “scream” properly since the lukewarm delivery on Heroin. (“It’s fucking hot” are shouts to me, not screams)

I dunno. Maybe it’s because I’m not too excited to hear songs that aren’t Lana’s. For Free didn’t interest me much when I listened to video recordings from her tour, but hopefully I’ll change my mind when I hear the studio recording.

I dunno. I’m just off and have been for the majority of this era. Seeing how hyped you all are here in this thread makes me feel more excited too though, so keep it up. COCC is almost here! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

it's weird because I think this is going to be one of her best albums and the sound it seems to have really gets to me but at the same time I have a hard time getting excited because it just doesn't feel like an era :bebe: she doesn't give a fuck about anything and everything is so desert-like that I sort of get the feeling that what is going to come in 11 days isn't an album, but rather a bunch of unleaked songs? like, when unleaked songs we've been craving for for a long time leak, we're all so excited and we have a lot of new material to listen to, BUT nothing happens on Lana's part, for the reason that she's not behind the leaks. it kinda feels like this is what is happening right now

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

i kinda feel the same, i was really excited about it in the summer but as sept 5th came and went without anything happening my hype died and i haven't really managed to build it up. i still feel excited in some ways but it's not the same as it was with norman, it's more of a laid back, calm anticipation now, not the screaming out loud type lol. 

i'm going to start getting ready for the release on the 12th by listening to aka, and then every album of hers each day leading up to march 19th, and hopefully that will make me a bit more aware of how quickly the release date is approaching bc right now it still feels like it's months away. 

what makes me excited  this time is that so far i haven't heard much of this album (i didn't listen to bus and for free and i don't remember what the tfj snippet sounds like) and i didn't overplay lmlylaw and cocc so it's gonna feel fresher than any of her previous records. and that, combined with the pre-album build-up i planned will give me a melodramatic, out of body first time listening experience :agree:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I just realized something:

”I wanna leave, I’ll probably stay another year” - Heroin

”I’m ready to leave LA” - LMLYLAW 

This thought has been with her for a long time it seems! Maybe she truly will move away from LA and just go there for work? (Then again, isn’t she always working...?)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png