Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

12 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

but the Lennon reference isnt exactly "random" in context bc he produced Dont Forget Me/ all of Pussy Cats for Nilsson:xcry: it actually makes a lot of sense too imo 

Leanin’ on my back or Lennon on my back… Both make sense and although I prefer leaning on my back, the Lennon reference wouldn’t be her cringiest at all.

Just now, burthday kake said:

the way i swear we have had the lennon/leaning debate like 20 seperate times by now though since the song came out

i know cause everytime im there with my theory on why its def Lennon :bebe: 

LANA PLEASE DO SOMETHING

Interview tomorrow  :mj2:

3 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

the way i swear we have had the lennon/leaning debate like 20 seperate times by now though since the song came out

i know cause everytime im there on the front lines with my theory on why its def Lennon :bebe: 

LANA PLEASE DO SOMETHING

I sense her waking up from her slumber and getting ready to do smt

Just now, Fingertips said:

When I wake up tomorrow to track descriptions of every song with one lyric snippet of each and a release date for SWEET/CANDY NECKLACE dual single  :beyonce:

omg the way u connect every post to the "sweet/candy necklace dual single" kills me 

15 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

this is giving me flashbacks to BB "most men dont want a woman with a legacy- its of age" when it was actually "most men dont want a woman with a legacy- its our bane"

&& also "Jake is running barefeet" but it was "chickens running barefeet"

:trisha:

I’m sorry but how did people think it was “Jake” :facepalm:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

8 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

lennon/leaning is the one that i’m most torn on, both make very good sense but if she said “leaning” then she pronounced it extremely lazily, it’s very clearly a short E rather than a long E. but also i still can’t hear her say “in knots” instead of “on [ice]” in MTWBT whatsoever so :bebe:

the lyrics are “blue ribbons on ice” miss grant just made a mistake in the description of her video because she’s goofy like that :silly:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

6 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

the lyrics are “blue ribbons on ice” miss grant just made a mistake in the description of her video because she’s goofy like that :silly:

i remember Eclipse saying its "with ribbons in knots", hence why she makes a gesture with her hands being tied at that part of the song when she does it live (well on one particular occasion he used as an example) 

but on topic: that pic is infront of a taco place 

2 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

lennon/leaning is the one that i’m most torn on, both make very good sense but if she said “leaning” then she pronounced it extremely lazily, it’s very clearly a short E rather than a long E. but also i still can’t hear her say “in knots” instead of “on [ice]” in MTWBT whatsoever so :bebe:

Non-native English speaker here: those "what's the real lyrics" debates are always so fun because, well, I can't even hear the difference between a long E and a short E sjkhdsjh. So 80% of Tunnel was a mystery for me when I first heard it :wtf2: I still struggle to understand the language depending on the accent, but when it comes to Lana, I just don't make any effort because her pronunciation is so peculiar I just know I won't be able to decipher whatever she's truly singing anyway. I mean, I'm the girl who heard "Into the BLAH / Into the MOO" in Get Free back in the days, so... :hillary: I'm expecting to babble along every track of the album honestly.

It's fascinating (and hilarious honestly) that even native speakers can't understand her though. I felt so envious some of you guys were able to understand and grasp the beauty of her lyricism and poetry, but reading that, I now feel a little less dumb and deaf :fabcat:

Edit: I was falling asleep and I woke up suddenly realizing I wrote "into the blah" when the lyrics are "out of the black" :air2: I'm a fake stan.

4 hours ago, margaret soty said:

don't expect that to happen either :hooker:

Genius.com lyrics ARE official, I believe. Submit by the artist: https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-lyrics

Track listing and credits appear full and up-to-date, so must be the lyrics. Genius is owned by Apple.

3 minutes ago, Louise said:

Genius.com lyrics ARE official, I believe. Submit by the artist: https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-lyrics

Track listing and credits appear full and up-to-date, so must be the lyrics. Genius is owned by Apple.

Genius lyrics are not official and they also are not owned by Apple. Maybe you are confusing them with Shazam?

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

meh not always

for example, Genius still has "its of age" as the lyric on Blue Banisters but on the dust jacket of the vinyl the lyric is "its our bane"

anyone got pics of the vinyl booklet lyrics (for the songs she bothered to put) 

5 minutes ago, 111 said:

anyone got pics of the vinyl booklet lyrics (for the songs she bothered to put) 

are u talking of “If You Lie Lie Next To Me”?

and also for giving me Margaret

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think the lyric is very clearly “Leanin’ on my back, whisperin’ in my ear, come on, baby, you can thrive”.

A random reference to Lennon when she’s already made Harry Nilsson the point of reference is too niche and obscure even for Lana to make—and she usually integrates references like that so that they can stand alone. It doesn’t work in this context.

I think she just kind of mumbles the beginning of the phrase as a stylistic choice, so it’s difficult to discern exactly what she’s saying (and phonetically sounds like “lenin’ in my back”). And there’s a clear “th” sound on “thrive” so it can’t be “drive”. 

It’s definitely “Leanin’” “thrive” AND it’s also My body, “Mind” my soul. Not marred but most of y’all are not ready for that convo ❤️

8Qg234E.gif

2 minutes ago, Sweet said:

It’s definitely “Leanin’” “thrive” AND it’s also My body, “Mind” my soul. Not marred but most of y’all are not ready for that convo ❤️

The way you're so wrong but you are not ready for that convo :wowcry:

(tbh I did think this at first lolol but it's definitely marred)

2 minutes ago, Sweet said:

AND it’s also My body, “Mind” my soul. Not marred but most of y’all are not ready for that convo ❤️

thank god at least one person on this forum has ears.. it is MIND !! not MARRED !! there is no r sound !! "body mind and soul" is also a common saying so it makes sense.. 

13 minutes ago, Sweet said:

But that line won’t make any sense: “I can’t help but feel somewhat like my body, mind, my soul” what does that even mean

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

On 1/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, Sweet said:

I can assure you, with 100% certainty that it is "marred"

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.