Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I really want something new and fresh but can’t really blame her for not innovating anymore- I don’t want any trap or soft slow non belted ballads- I want something fast that makes use of her operatic registers, something dark that uses horror strings etc just something to push her into a new direction 

We’ve already had the slow ballads, trap/hip hop mix for yearrrrrssss now- I remember when UV was such a fresh direction 

12 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I really want something new and fresh but can’t really blame her for not innovating anymore- I don’t want any trap or soft slow non belted ballads- I want something fast that makes use of her operatic registers, something dark that uses horror strings etc just something to push her into a new direction 

We’ve already had the slow ballads, trap/hip hop mix for yearrrrrssss now- I remember when UV was such a fresh direction 

Don't get me wrong, i am here for trap lana and btd, hm,uv,lfl lana too, but when you want her to do something new perhaps this new song in her intro is something for you

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

What if...every song is a collab :raven:

If the collabs are based on the artists she brought on stage... :bebe: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

If we're going gone country I need to witness Lana to do these genres in country style: hypercountry glitch country noise country orchestral country psychedelic country country blues country punk country pop country rock electronic country country dance country metal alternative country country jazz country folk dream country experimental country country trap country hip hop synth country Christian country goth country country soul progressive country chamber country minimal country ethereal country

url%5D

51 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Yeah, I think that the album will be far more eclectic and experimental than what we've been expecting it to sound like so far. The new song/intro definitely *can* exist on the same album with the likes of Zodiac. Lana almost included "pearl watch on me ring a bell psycho lifeguard" (5 tracks apparently, lol) on DYKTTATUOB's album title, and didn't put any of these tracks on the album at all. I wonder if they were leaning too experimental/weird and ended up getting replaced by the Jon Batiste tracks and Margaret, which were all very late additions. I mean, Jack said that Lana didn't want to release A&W. With the unanimous raves that the song received from fans and critics alike, I could see her getting a bit riskier and bolder regarding the next album. And Jack *did* say that they were heading into a very strange place artistically, implying that they've been experimenting a lot. 

Now, Henry, Come On is certainly giving Americana/folk/country/American songbook vibes, and the Luke Laird sessions must have been extremely productive, because she was very excited about that collaboration. I could see this segment being the prevalent one on the album - the same way the more diaristic stuff were the thematic core of DYKTTATUOB. And, on the other hand, we have Tough which sounds like a very exciting, fresh and fun summer bop - it almost feels like the natural continuation and expansion of the last three tracks of DYKTATTUOB (and the loose first half of Lust for Life, too). 

So...I really don't know what to expect from the album at all. If it's true that it's getting released next Spring, she's probably still working on it. It kinda explains why she's so hesitant when it comes to talking about it/describing it. I'm pretty sure that she didn't randomly include the new song/intro on the setlist, given that she also debuted Tough. There must be a connection. 

Was the five tracks thing ever confirmed? Maybe i'm behind :icant:

A&W was always meant to be released but Jack never opened his email until very late when he saw it lol

But in regards to LDR10, I'd love to see her pull off a cohesion between the witchy, trap, and american songbook sounds like how she managed to effortlessly do it with Ocean Blvd - if that's the direction the album is heading in.

59 minutes ago, Bonita said:

Was the five tracks thing ever confirmed? Maybe i'm behind :icant:

A&W was always meant to be released but Jack never opened his email until very late when he saw it lol

But in regards to LDR10, I'd love to see her pull off a cohesion between the witchy, trap, and american songbook sounds like how she managed to effortlessly do it with Ocean Blvd - if that's the direction the album is heading in.

“At first, the title was definitely going to be Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, and then I f*cking panicked and I went to [photographer and artist Neil Krug’s] house and said, ‘I know this is f*cked up, but I’ve changed the title. It’s going to now be called ‘Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Pearl Watch Me On Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard.” He was like, ‘What the f*ck?’ I was like, ‘I’m not telling anyone. Just mock it up.’

He mocked it up, but we realized that maybe it was a bit much to have six titles in one. 

Apparently, yeah, lmao! 

Yes, this might be the direction she's heading in! Experimental, witchy, trap, american songbook, and country (with a twist). The recent photoshoot in New Orleans is giving swampy, urban, decadent, eerie sparseness. I'm very intrigued!

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Why people think that the intro song is called Mirror?

Some random twitter account said that an insider on ATRL ‘confirmed’ the name was The Mirror, but there was no such confirmation on ATRL

"Don’t forget me"

i made this concept tracklist for lasso!

i think something similar would be cool :flutter:

1. The Mirror (Intro)

2:41

2. Ave Maria

3:56

3. Till Dawn

3:33

4. Henry, Come On

5:47

5. Tough Ft. Quavo

3:23

6. The Mirror II (Interlude)

2:21

7. Found My Way Back

6:45

8. My Vision Of America

4:02

9. Lasso

8:27

10. Call Me Back (Interlude)

0:38

11. Call Me Back

3:25

12. Still on Stage for you

3:22

13. thight

4:49

14. Float Ft. Billie Eilish

3:57

15. till we see again (Outro)

2:00

-> album length: 59 Minutes 33 Seconds 

IMG-6576.jpg

17 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

There’s a rumor going around that she’s collabing with a female pop artist. People are saying it’s either Olivia or Katy 💀 I guess one of those twitter “insider” accounts said it. 

yeah i know we shouldn’t believe these twitter insiders but im kinda manifesting it to be true, it would be cool :blush3:

5 minutes ago, Lasso said:

I hope she hits us again with some weird song titles 

I'm kind of hoping for punchier, short titles. E.g., Honeymoon, Ultraviolence, Born to Die

That's why Tough, Mirror and even Henry, Come on are all working for me. 

The Grandfarther, please stand on my shoulders etc was a cool phase, but we don't need more 20 word titles.