Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

not some of y'all acting surprised at a country album... she's been hinting at this for a while now

i think it's going to be a more of country-tinged folk album than a full on country album but let's see...

and the title and the release date is giving white hot forever/rock candy sweet/july 1st/september 5th but well... 

17 minutes ago, Elle said:

2020:
- Leap year
- Chiefs vs 49ers
- Trump vs Biden

- Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has a country influence & production by Jack Antonoff

2024:
- Leap year
- Chiefs vs 49ers
- Trump vs Biden

- Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has a country influence & production by Jack Antonoff

:puzzled:

QFTC 2.0 when :keyboard:

But what does LASSO mean? is this an acronym?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

This is so exciting! She is so fucking prolific, honestly nobody can touch her. I get some people’s reservations about country but there are levels to each genre. It’s not like it’s going to be full blown cowgirl, I wouldn’t be opposed to that though lol. As others have said I see it being more Americana/singer songwriter style kind of like Mitski or Angel Olsen but with Lana’s own style and stamp. Henry already sounds amazing and Hey Baby Blue has always been a want of mine so I know she can do it.  Country really is a huge genre for North America so this could be really awesome. The fact that she has been working with Luke is very exciting too. He’s worked with a lot of really great country artists.  I love country but get it’s not for everyone. Either way we know she will have another album in a year or two so if it’s not your thing then you won’t have to wait too long for another one. 

When she calls up Emile haynie last minute to add beats and strings, then brings in Max Martin to fully reproduce the songs

oprah-gif-oprah-happy.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

33 minutes ago, Elle said:

2020:
- Leap year
- Chiefs vs 49ers
- Trump vs Biden

- Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has a country influence & production by Jack Antonoff

2024:
- Leap year
- Chiefs vs 49ers
- Trump vs Biden

- Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has a country influence & production by Jack Antonoff

:puzzled:

everything i could take from this message is that our grammys in danger

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Im still not « over the moon » with this new project TBH, but at least she posted Henry, Come On before announcing it was a country LP coming next. I really like what we heard so far, so I’m not « scared » . Plus it sure was coming at some point, so it’s not really a surprise 

I’m confused as to whether it will be a cover album or original songs??

I’m not excited about the fact that it’s country… it’s not a genre that I particularly care about but I’m confident that Jack and her turn anything into gold. So I’m sure it’ll be good, especially lyrically and vocally. I’m glad we are getting another album just over a year after Ocean Boulevard. How does she get so prolific with her heart and with that level of quality ? It’s so unheard of.