Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 minutes ago, brajeanzosty said:

i feel like it will definitely be split into two parts, didn't she already say that she changed her mind and she will combine the covers and country album she planned??or am i confused? but i think the first part  of the album will be the og country songs she made and the 2nd part will be some classics and covers, anyways im actually so excited for it and i hope take me home is on it

According to an allegedly reliable insider, there are no covers on the album. But the album isn't finished, so anything is possible! 

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

According to an allegedly reliable insider, there are no covers on the album. But the album isn't finished, so anything is possible! 

she was working on it for the last 4 years and it's still not fiinished? oh she is insane

3 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

you guys are on your own for not wanting features. i will eat up anything to do with dolly parton :kiss:

well... ur right, maybe Dolly Parton is an exception

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

guys. Dont get me wrong, I am not against Lana doing covers, but I'd rather have them separately in a covers-only album which we all know she has been working on for ages. Yep, we deserve both LDR10 and covers album.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

who said that and what was said

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I’d rather she did a really dark and heavy album, similar to Ultraviolence and more A&W experimental songs, it feels like the wrong time to change things up tbh. I’m intrigued to see what she does with ‘Lasso’ but l don’t feel as excited as I’d like. She said it’s ’all going country’ well that doesn’t mean it’s going to work for her especially as she’s known as an alternative artist.  I can only say as she’s blessed us with 9 amazing album's that I can’t complain if this one doesn’t really do anything for me.  I am very fussy with country, it has to be a bit rocky like Lissie or more cinematic like Orville Peck, if she can pull that off it will be a great album.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

10 hours ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Or...Lasso could be split into two parts: the first part has this nostalgic "oldies" feel (songs inspired by Wynette, Cash, Cline, Sinatra and all those great country singers of the 50's/60's/70's), and the second part is basically Lana updating and subverting the genre with an unexpected and completely modern take, blending different styles together (something similar to the transitions and playfulness of A&W and Taco Truck). :trisha3:

Maybe this time last track wasn't hinting the sound of the next project but it's structure:oprah2:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

With Beyoncé releasing a country LP, enough time has passed for me to have made up my mind about Lana going country also. I know we heard nothing of the album, but still, we do have some indications, plus I revisited some country songs she did live. 

first of all, having heard the two new Beyoncé tracks, I really hope it’s not the direction Lana is going :oic2: The glam cowgirl style can be pulled off from Beyoncé but I can’t see Lana going at it. 

i already know Lasso won’t be my favourite album out of her discography. There’ll be some great / excellent tracks for sure (the tracks close to Henry, Come On - closer to folk than country per se, with lots of acoustic guitars - will be incredible for sure, very heartbreak heavy, which is the heart of the traditional country) but Nikki collabs are inévitable, and I’m pretty sure she’ll get closer to country on those than folk. And I’d be surprised and delighted if she did some innovative country- inspired tracks, with electronica or ambiant sounds, like Madonna did with Music, but I think she’ll stick to being « traditional country ».

Jack on board could bring interesting twists to some songs (transitions à la TT / VB or A&W), but it could also be a very generic country-pop album like he did with the Chicks’s Gaslighter (very much Taylor in terms of production). We could also have studio versions of Hey Blue Baby and Stupid for Feeling so Happy, which could be very nice if they reworked some of the verses of Hey Blue Baby (love the chorus and the opening line of the verses, I love that it’s a faster track for Lana, but the verses are bit mid when it comes to lyrics).

The possible Dolly Parton collab could be highlight… but isn’t Nikki also on that picture? 

of course I know I could be very wrong about all this. The first single will give us more clues, but these are my impressions so far :kiss:

We're debating between a covers album or a country album. Let's be honest, we are in the pits :nene:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

lana is truly a visionary saying that the industry is going country 

there are industry analyses (I read one somewhere on the internet last year), so it wasn't Lana's idea, they are just following the trends

but maybe Lana is a visionary because she started with country a few years ago

like many have said lana isn't the best with her own music descriptions and like she's gonna tap into the genre with her own touch so i'm not worried

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

there are industry analyses (I read one somewhere on the internet last year), so it wasn't Lana's idea, they are just following the trends

but maybe Lana is a visionary because she started with country a few years ago

? Chemtrails was slightly country and not exactly a fan favourite.

sirens is pure folk