Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I’m looking at most album announcements (including Lana’s own) and they range between 1 months to 3 months. NFR was announced in July and released in August. Ocean Blvd was announced in December and released in March. I’m looking at other artists and it’s the same.

This is by far the longest gap from announcement to release. Why is that? What prompted her to announce this album so early? Literally a 7 months gap.

55 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I’m looking at most album announcements (including Lana’s own) and they range between 1 months to 3 months. NFR was announced in July and released in August. Ocean Blvd was announced in December and released in March. I’m looking at other artists and it’s the same.

This is by far the longest gap from announcement to release. Why is that? What prompted her to announce this album so early? Literally a 7 months gap.

NFR was ‘announced’ in September of 2018

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, World At War said:

And Chemtrails was announced the day NFR dropped. :rip:

And blue banisters the day after Chemtrails. 

idk she’s been messy with her announcements since NFR, but I think the September date is the most ‘planned’ random blurb she’s given. The twitter insider said it’s scheduled for September 20th, so at the very least her and her team have a rough idea of when it’ll come out.

I think her being in LA lately is an indication the album is almost done, because she was working with Luke in Nashville (and has been since at least November) and now she’s been home since early February. Aside from the Quavo colab that she just worked on, I think a majority of Lasso is done and now is the mixing/planning phase 

"Don’t forget me"

Thinking about the NFR rollout  makes me laugh…it picked up as a traditional cycle in the summer of 2019 but she really didn’t give a fuck in the 9 months before that and STILL reached a career peak :rip: She is so casually cool. Goals. 

I still have PTSD from NFR pre-release era :tiffany2: thank god that the next eras weren't that long, even COTCC era went smoother. I hope that Lasso era is smooth as well.

url%5D

11 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

18 days passed since LASSO’s announcement 214 days to go :trisha2:

Its only been 18 days? :huh:

genuinely feels like it’s been 2 months, but I guess the first two months of the year do typically go a bit slower 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

17 minutes ago, jakoblvd said:

I think we have been made aware that an album called Lasso is coming but the the official ANNOUNCEMENT hasn’t happened yet.

I think this is what happened with the announcement. It wasn’t really a formal announcement when she brought it up. I’m thinking closer to the release, she’ll post on social media a more official announcement with more info. Pretty sure others have mentioned it already, but vinyl production has been slower post-pandemic, so the releases are taking more time than usual which sucks for fans unfortunately :noparty: 

Maybe since she announced it super early, it will give her more time to drop a single in the meantime. 

Her BB rollout was like this-

• first mentioned working on 2 albums (COCC & BB) about 11 months before actual release of BB in November 2020
  • Official title announcement in April 2-3 months before original release date (originally June then pushed to July)
  • released 3 singles 1 month after title announcement in may (1-2 months before original release date and 5 months before official release)
  • 1 single about a month (September) before actual release in October 

hopefully it doesn’t get delayed like BB though :xgiggle: She was working on 2 albums and it was only a year into the pandemic though, so maybe that changed the timeline. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

NFR was ‘announced’ in September of 2018

1 hour ago, World At War said:

And Chemtrails was announced the day NFR dropped. :rip:

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

And blue banisters the day after Chemtrails. 

11 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Her BB rollout was like this-

• first mentioned working on 2 albums (COCC & BB) about 11 months before actual release of BB in November 2020
  • Official title announcement in April 2-3 months before original release date (originally June then pushed to July)
  • released 3 singles 1 month after title announcement in may (1-2 months before original release date and 5 months before official release)

idk what to say about all this :brigitte: lana is wild 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Remember when Lana said that UV will be released in May 2014 lol :paris: even back then the rollout was not clear

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

Remember when Lana said that UV will be released in May 2014 lol :paris: even back then the rollout was not clear

to be fair it was ultimately released in June, so it was probably a distribution issue. I mean look at Ocean, it was delayed 2 weeks in January, and she barely said anything about it! But yeah, she definitely has a habit of doing this. I’ve been around since BTD and I’m STILL haunted by the Tropico release. “Its coming you little bitch” was the most iconic Lana line at that time 

"Don’t forget me"

Sometimes I genuinely think Lana still believes putting out an album as the LANA DEL REY is still as easy as hitting “upload” on YouTube like she did in her Lizzy days lmao :true:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I feel like Lana announced the album WAY too early :trisha:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚