Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

17 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

is this Lana and francessco?

no that was Adam and Eve in the garden

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Yep. I haven't been a fan since the beginning, but I have since before Tropico finally came out, and this is very much business as usual.

Some albums were worse than others to be fair. UV and HM had relatively smooth rollouts. LFL wasn’t that bad, in hindsight, although it was frustrating, not having a solid release date until late May. NFR was insufferable. BB was a pretty short pre-release, although a bit messy because we didn’t get much info from anybody until songs were released. OB was a step in the right direction, with no misleading info or album title too much in advance, but Lasso is back to the basics, I guess :brigitte:

1 hour ago, Orville Peck said:

Exactly!

along with other songs made with barrie yep yep :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I'm glad though she announced her country album so early though because it looks like so many artists are on this train now, so she won't look like a copycat then 😅

Really curious for the cover but I don't dare to expect too much. Her covers are more often miss than hit to me 😅🙈 I think the only covers I really love are OB standard, and some alternate covers like BB red vinyl, Honeymoon UO and Chemtrails blue vinyl. I don't hate the others (except white OB), they are OK usually, but far away from favorite pics. 

It was expensive watch it 

18 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I'm glad though she announced her country album so early though because it looks like so many artists are on this train now, so she won't look like a copycat then 😅

Really curious for the cover but I don't dare to expect too much. Her covers are more often miss than hit to me 😅🙈 I think the only covers I really love are OB standard, and some alternate covers like BB red vinyl, Honeymoon UO and Chemtrails blue vinyl. I don't hate the others (except white OB), they are OK usually, but far away from favorite pics. 

OB cover has such a classic album look to it and we can tell she really put time and thought curating the visuals despite it looking pretty simple. Such a shame we only got one MV.

1 hour ago, Yameena Khatri said:

OB cover has such a classic album look to it and we can tell she really put time and thought curating the visuals despite it looking pretty simple. Such a shame we only got one MV.

Been away for 10 days. No news at all, right?

56 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Been away for 10 days. No news at all, right?

:bebe:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

2 hours ago, Olympia said:

WAIT, this could be why she chose to announce the album this early, to get the press mediaplay about her releasing a country album before anyone else because she wasnt lying when she said the whole industry is going country - we are definitely going country.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

12 minutes ago, Aeryx said:

When the album has Earthquakes and I Talk To Jesus reworked :oprah4:

Lasstropico :bang:

Hoping this album has some vibes like that, obviously it’ll be very different but the energy of those songs eat

I'd argue Country Roads has a very 2013 era vibe so it is definitely possible 

The Henry snippet is so Nectar of the gods coded. I know half the people complaining about it being boring would be begging for it to leak if it was labeled a 2013 tropico outtake :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

The Henry snippet is so Nectar of the gods coded. I know half the people complaining about it being boring would be begging for it to leak if it was labeled a 2013 tropico outtake :bebe:

NOTG is one of her best tbh :oprah3:

1 minute ago, Orville Peck said:

NOTG is one of her best tbh :oprah3:

agreed! It’s been one of my all time favorites since it leaked :true:

maybe that’s why I like the Henry snippet so much 

"Don’t forget me"

how long has it been since we’ve gotten anything lasso related?? she’s probably gonna wait till coachella to make some noise :defeated:

but i’m sooo ready for this album !

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb

12 minutes ago, Valley Of The Serene Queen said:

how long has it been since we’ve gotten anything lasso related?? she’s probably gonna wait till coachella to make some noise :defeated:

but i’m sooo ready for this album !

last new about lasso was when Jack talked about it "it's brilliant" he said. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey