Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, twinkletoes7 said:

some PRODUCTION! like u said, big instrumentals, big hooks! another iconic intro like cola or something 

Yes, please! A&W-, The greatest-, OB,- Venice Bitch-level of production.

We need Jack to really lean into country but make some songs big, rather than small. No 'Not all those who wander are lost" type of instrumentals. Or at least only a little of it.

I want him to get creative. Aso, I really want Taylor on this record. If for no other reason than huge streaming numbers.

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Love you all but it's a sign that we're in a never ending drought when we're starting to see ChatGPT generated lyrics here :bebe:

Ahahaha. Honestly, with Henry and Lasso done, it feels like  fan-only LDR10 sponsored by AI s well on its way lmao. We already know the lyrics to Prettiest Girl in Country Music.

Who will do the AI cut of of the fourth song? We're waitin' :P

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

So what is everyone hoping for when it comes to Lasso? Like if i told you i'm lana's gold fish and i'll grant you one wish.

For me, i just need one BIG song. As big as Ride, West Coast or Young & Beautiful. Big production, big instrumentals, big hooks, big lyrics,  instantly iconic. Ocean Boulevard (the song) was that bitch on the last record. But Chemtrails and BB didn't have any. Venice Bitch was BIG on Norman. 

So, that's my only wish. I hope Henry isn't the first single because - as much as I like it - it sounds very quiet and minimal. Even more so than Chemtrails.

But yeah, I miss Lana's big songs. Alternatively, I'll take a bop. Country with a beat, maybe Taylor on it too. Like, an instant hit. Please god make this happen!

Tbh I want for Lana to promote this album most of all. I hate how there's so little new album content nowadays, the girls aren't going on interviews and magazines like they used to! And ik Lana doesn't care much for that lifestyle but for OB she did more promo than she's done for a while so lets :pray2:

I also hope there's a hit in there because she deserves that! As for sound, I will eat up literally anything she gives me so I don't mind. It's Lana so it will be good :P

43 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

If Jack produves it, we'll get another set of muddy, terribly mastered instrumentals and bad, quiet mixing by Laura

i do agree that laura's mixing is too quiet. When chemtrails comes up in my playlist, i feel like i've gone deaf. Especially after btd of uv

Also have rick nowels and lana parted ways forever? Got into a fight?

i wonder how he feels about lana collaborating with jack on their 6th album together without actively involving him.

I just wish there was like one sip of insider tea to give us a little glimmer of hope or excitement until something actually happens. 

I think the narrative of “jack produces small songs” needs to end when it’s very clearly Lana’s decision what the sound of the songs are.

Luke also has really full big songs, and the song that’s been teased from their session is Henry Come On, a light song with guitar only.

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

Is BoZ even active anymore on his other site? I fear we're far away from anything until he starts his little teases 

i miss him..his little teases for the ocean album were so exciting...:lange:

1 hour ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

Is BoZ even active anymore on his other site? I fear we're far away from anything until he starts his little teases 

his website was deactivated, and he deleted his twitter account. He talks very rarely on ATRL but that’s it 

31 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i have a feeling that the insiders don’t know anything about this album too :eartha:

I completely agree. All of these iNsIdErS who tease new Lana music this summer are pretty much guaranteed to be right because she announced an album, and even Jack has talked about it. So like, obviously she’s dropping something during the summer

"Don’t forget me"

After getting everything from Ocean spoiled by insiders I kinda want this whole era to be a surprise... like imagine hearing VB on TT without knowing about it :icant:

I know it's my fault for reading LB and Twitter but it's hard not to :hide:

giphy.gif

Confirmed : Lana’s going to create an album from the perspective as her anonymous identity of a one time character from the Simpsons and finally release her country record ❤️

10 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

After getting everything from Ocean spoiled by insiders I kinda want this whole era to be a surprise... like imagine hearing VB on TT without knowing about it :icant:

I know it's my fault for reading LB and Twitter but it's hard not to :hide:

100%! Ob era was spoiled for me big time with the leaks and snippets. 

that said, i myself went that route 😂 Now, I'll listen to the singles lana drops and nothing else till the release date

12 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I think the narrative of “jack produces small songs” needs to end when it’s very clearly Lana’s decision what the sound of the songs are.

Luke also has really full big songs, and the song that’s been teased from their session is Henry Come On, a light song with guitar only.

Not so sure about that. He produced The greatest, which was big, and she chose it as a single. OB, VB and AW are all pretty big too. 

I think she definitely wants big songs. Even when she was producing chemtrails and finished it, she said she just wish there was "one more big song" on it, but said Jack had other commitments. 

I think that was the reason why Chemtrails ended up being smaller (and shorter), and with BB, it was more of a collection of old material and smaller sounds that she never had much ambition with. So, hopefully, Lasso follows NFR and OB in wanting to have at least one big song. 

I mean, I can deal with her not caring to have a BOP on her records, her last one being Doin' Time fucking 5 years ago. But no bops and no big songs I cannot do. Nuh-uh.

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I mean, I can deal with her not caring to have a BOP on her records, her last one being Doin' Time fucking 5 years ago. But no bops and no big songs I cannot do. Nuh-uh.

? I do love a good bop and I hope she adds one in Lasso, but we deff had some in OB. Peppers, taco truck x VB, and the second half of A&W (which I’d argue is the most boppiest of bops she’s ever released). If this album is supposed to be more appealing to the general public & lighthearted, I’m sure she’ll throw in at least one fun song. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 hour ago, shadesofblue said:

? I do love a good bop and I hope she adds one in Lasso, but we deff had some in OB. Peppers, taco truck x VB, and the second half of A&W (which I’d argue is the most boppiest of bops she’s ever released). If this album is supposed to be more appealing to the general public & lighthearted, I’m sure she’ll throw in at least one fun song. 

Yeah, we had some in OB, but none that would be radio-friendly and hit Billboard 100, which they didn't.

Doin' Time is her last bonafied solo bop. Hopefully, Lasso delivers another. I mean, not one of Jack produced songs ever hit Billbobard 100. 6 albums in, it's about time our boy gave our girl a hit.