annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

14 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

No repress today unfortunately :um2: Whatever happened with the NFR repress also caused this one to get delayed or canceled.

Last month Universal Music told some of their customers that a repress is coming so plans for this definitely existed.

So she’ll either put them up for sale next year or on a some random ass day in a few months/weeks 

I have a feeling these will come at the end of the year. It’s obvious they were happening but it does make sense. The plants are only just catching up with delays, and if the other release dates are anything to go by, then she’d have four old albums clogging up the production chain over the course of the next 6 months. They probably saying girls wait your turn with your 7 variants, exclusive picture disc, and now 4 represses between March and September. 

Happy birthday to Lana's best album. Has been and still is my favorite Lana album, no new release has been able to test that. The album has aged like the finest wine and took the top seat with ease. I used to say HM was at the same level as my other favorite albums but overtime it has risen even higher than the others (and thats crazy power cause I'm a indecisive mother fuck) Every track is essential and beautifully crafted, its one of those rare albums where not a thing is misplaced. She really channeled magic during its creation. Even every outtake is nearly flawless and if finished could've easily been as strong as the final cuts. The production is perfection, I'll always worship daddy Rick u'll always be famous The level of intricacy and details woven throughout the album is unmatched. Her heavy involvement in the production is very evident and makes me wish she could evoke that same fire again in her newer releases. But this was also her vanity album, she truly made this album for herself with no one else in mind and it resulted in some of her best work yet.

And not to play favorites cause I don't pick favorites, I don't do that, I love all my children equally and its not a competition. But Religion is my favorite- pZ6lE0e.gif:fabcat:I would list out my other favorites too but I could easily just list out the rest of the tracklist so it feels kinda redundant ?? Swan Song and Art Deco you'll always be famous, TLY Honeymoon and MTWBT as well:woot: !!  And I'll be that bitch who says it but the standard cover art is BEAUTIFUL.. It is simplistic yet captures the energy in a effective way. The visuals in general are iconic too with that big ass red hat and those fuck ass bangs. Baby channeled 60s fashion david bowie signaling thru 18 giant satellite dishes in the san augustin plains calling from the other side, Terrence? hello?? Also this is an unpopular opinion but Art Deco-Burnt Norton-Religion is still my favorite 1-2-3 in Lana's discography, just so stunningly beautiful. I hope one day Lana can create something as ethereal as Honeymoon again. Anyways happy b-day babygirl♡ DLg4PoN.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

On 9/17/2023 at 12:27 AM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

What!! She’s been releasing 5 variants of the TV albums?! How many albums has she released this year.. all with that amount of variants?

I agree I blame Taylor swift lol

6 variants of the midnights album all 1LP

3 variants of speak now (TV) all 3LP

and so far 5 variants of 1989 (TV) all 2LP 

that’s just this year… love her but if there’s a vinyl production problem she is 100% to blame 

also weren’t we in a vinyl shortage like a year or two ago 💀

Happy Birthday Honeymoon :wowcry: Forever one of my top Lana albums...

This is Lana's best-produced album so far. The creativity displayed in each song is insane. How they played with dream pop and ambient music and mixed them with progressive folk, PBR&B, electronic, trip hop, jazz and lounge music... and even trap. The amount of instruments through the whole project, it's all so rich and lush. It's abstract and artistic. It was grand yet minimalistic and detailed. Her vocals shine; I feel like Honeymoon was our first taste of Lana's more operatic singing, a technique we didn't fully get until Blue Banisters and Ocean Blvd.

I love every single song except Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, which I still believe she didn't do it enough justice. With a different production (and no paper filter on the microphone), it could've been an incredible closer. Classic Lana stan opinion, but Swan Song should've been the closer track. When the album came out I wasn't a big fan of Swan Song and it stayed that way for many years, but in recent years I started to appreaciate it more and now it's one of my favorites. Simultaneously, I used to love Art Deco and now it's usually a skip for me.

In case you haven't seen it before, I wrote this for Honeymoon's fourth anniversary and I still stand by it:

HONEYMOON IS ALIVE AND BREATHING

Lana Del Rey Billboard Shoot | Billboard – Billboard

The All Purpose Lana Del Rey Thread | Page 5 | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

honeymoon , you are crafted so intricately and i love you for it 

my favorite lana album along with uv ofc

i've been thinking of the interlude lately and how beautiful this part is :trisha:
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden.. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I have to admit that I'm not listening to this album much because I really have to be in very specific mood for this one. The intro of the title track is out of this universe.... I love honeymoon era so much :wowcry: The richest production she has ever had for sure.

On a more personal note, 2015 was a very transformative year for me. That's when I kind of started to define my personality, and the things I like, etc. Many contemplative / self-reflective albums came out that year, including Honeymoon, so it holds a very special place in my heart.

Also, Religion - Salvatore - The Blackest Day is her best 1-2-3 punch ever.

The acoustic start, the reverb, the building beat, the tapping on the second verse, the acceptance of her worshipping this man, the strings…I have and will always say Religion is top 3

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Happy Birthday to the masterpiece that Honeymoon is :kiss: Can't believe this album is turning 8 years old today. Truly a timeless classic that is aging like the finest wine:oprah: Gonna stream the album today & watch the music videos. Definetly my favourite album ever created & the visuals are stunning and beautiful, the whole Honeymoon era is pure art :wowcry:

This album is just timeless, dreamy, an ode to escapismn , perfectly produced & crafted, there is like an entire universe within this album :trisha:

Also idk if this unpopular or not but to me Honeymoon still has her best opening line and that companied by those gorgeous strings :air2:

Also I can't believe this also marks me being a Lana stan for 8 years as well,  it's crazy how fast time flies. And I said it already but I'm so so grateful that I got into Lana just in time to witness the Honeymoon era, it was fate:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 minutes ago, Formation said:

The acoustic start, the reverb, the building building beat, the tapping on the second verse, the acceptance of her worshipping this man, the strings…I have and will always say Religion is top 3

The desperation and drama as she sings "All my friends say I should take some space"

giphy.gif

RICK NOWELS SHARED ONE OF FANPAGE'S STORY ABOUT HONEYMOON'S BIRTHDAY IN INSTA ALMOST AM HOUR AGO OHHHH HOW I MISS HIS PRODUCTION :cryney2:

url%5D