LDRO

Instagram Updates

can i get an apology too

can we get a rundown of "the rules" ? or maybe just admit this is a website for Lana fans and it's not that big of a deal. sorry if this is your life's work or whatever

soo disrespectful.. you really sound bothered that your posts were deleted. I personally don’t even know what they were, but whichever mod deleted them surely had a good reason.

her life’s work?... as if Elle is even paid to run this trainwreck of a fanbase. Y’all need to respect & appreciate all the time & money she puts into this site, just so that you all can complain and argue with each other SMFH :flop:

14417469274.gif

and what about it? .

women around the world are literally under attack, face high rates of violence and sexual violence, face lack of access to education and property, face workplace discrimination and harassment, are routinely kept out of positions of power, told by most major world religions they're inferior and should submit to male rule, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. i could go on.

feminism is not a "woke trend" - it's a necessary campaign for women to stop being literally attacked and subjugated.  so people co-opting the symbols and language of feminism without actually advocating for women's liberation from patriarchal domination in society is cheap and gross.  that's what about it.

girl what..... third wave feminism is literally aiming for intersectionality... that is a "clear goal" 

dozens of manifestoes (written by brown/black women) prove the existence of third wave feminism

Is that goal dusted and done with? Coz......ma’am.

soo disrespectful.. you really sound bothered that your posts were deleted. I personally don’t even know what they were, but whichever mod deleted them surely had a good reason.

her life’s work?... as if Elle is even paid to run this trainwreck of a fanbase. Y’all need to respect & appreciate all the time & money she puts into this site so that you can complain and argue with each other SMFH :flop:

if there was a good reason, they wouldnt have restored my posts when i said something about it.  tbh they could shut down the site and my life would go on. lol.  sorry yall cant deal with me bringing up real issues

Is that goal dusted and done with? Coz......ma’am.

you aren't in the right places. there's still thousands of people who work really hard to create a visible intersectional space for everyone. there's increased intersectionality in the kink community, fashion, entertainment, math, engineering, art, science, comedy, etc. we need to do a lot more work, but do not disregard the important and necessary work that thousands are doing each day

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

The problem is that LDR doesn't know how to separate her personal life and feelings from her professional life, and, admittedly, the categories can become extremely blurred in this IG/TW era. But LDR isn't 14, she's not someone just out of the gate. She's in her 30s and has been at this a while now. So many great writers and vocalists were her age or younger when they were at the height of their fame, including women like Janis Joplin, Dianna Ross, Grace Slick, Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Grace Jones, Carly Simon, Stevie Nicks, Rickie Lee Jones, Linda Ronstadt, Patti Smith, Ann Wilson, Debbie Harry, Kate Bush, Pat Benatar, Siouxsie, Shiela E, Sade, Kim Gordan, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Tracy Chapman, Pink, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Lorde, etc. 

It's up to LDR and her team to figure this process out and not allow themselves to be trolled or easily upset by people like Ann Powers, who seems to believe that she, Powers, sets the pace for women everywhere, especially women in music. That's absurd. What Powers wants is to see, like a facist, is every female vocalist and artist out there towing Powers' political line and and keeping in line, under Powers' control. 

As I said before, LDR can write and sing about virtually anything she wishes, it's no one's business but her own. If people don't like it, they can turn it off, delete it, not buy or download it. She's letting people successfully make her their punching bag. She's falling for it, like a teenager. Where is the old confidence, the old assurity? 

I have noticed LDR trying to get 'more in line' with Woke culture, especially on NFR, and to me, that's sad, and part of the reason why she's gone from the 'steely goddess' who was largely above the fray of BTD/P to the limping, sometimes broken, apologist we've seen so often since. And now she's broken again, and in public, and the trolls of the world LOVE IT. The trolls are eagerly feeding off her and would probably love to see nothing more than a LDR suicide.

I’m sorry but I have to laugh. What are you talking about? Steely goddess? Did her BTD persona really trick you into believing she’s someone who gives no fucks? Because that’s far from the truth.

I have always hated all those lovey kissy photos Lana takes with fans. Walking off stage to go down and sign records, take selfies and etc when she should be on stage performing. This is why you got people like Win and Dat1guitarguy thinking that Lana is their BFF and they are special and are in a special bond with her. Both men are obsessively in love with Lana. That's why Sean said what he said to Dat1guitarguy because Dat1guitarguy was stalking Lana from town to town including the Grammy party. I know Sean's a controversial guy, but I liked when he told Dat1guitarguy off. 

waittt someone fill me in about the sean thing pls 

This is actually funny to me rn. We know that those are 14 years old who are typing „she’s over”, „ended herself” etc. They don’t even know how the real life works and trying to make them feel better by „cancel” everyone. Stan culture is one of the worst things that has heppened to us bc those kids think that they are priviledged to say whatever they want and don’t even think about concequences. 

https://twitter.com/velvetropic/status/1264018760165253120?s=21 idk if this has been posted already but she wasn't randomly angry at these fans, so the Coney Island ones must have said something bad to make her react that way

From what I’ve heard they have been discussing her mental health...

giphy.gif

I’m sorry but I have to laugh. What are you talking about? Steely goddess? Did her BTD persona really trick you into believing she’s someone who gives no fucks? Because that’s far from the truth.

The persona LDR projected in that era was of a strong, masterful individual who was in control of herself and her career, despite the presence of 'sad' songs like the BTD title track and G&M. Even in the BTD title track, she projected strength and confidence, as she did in 'Cola,' 'Ride,' 'Video Games,' 'Summertime Sadness,' 'American,' 'Bel Air' and others. She was capable of writing and delivering witty, 'light' songs like 'Radio' and 'Hollywood's Dead.' 

Look at the perhaps tongue-in-cheek 'Paradise' cover art, and all of the publicity photographs of her released then, including the nude British GQ cover, where she was elected 'Woman of the Year.' She was, for 18 months or so, an international style icon. 

Perhaps that was all an act, and it does seem from the perspective of 2020 that it was, but it was pretty convincing at the time; it captured the attention of the world. 

hope is a dangerous thing makes much more sense now.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The persona LDR projected in that era was of a strong, masterful individual who was in control of herself and her career, despite the presence of 'sad' songs like the BTD title track and G&M. Even in the BTD title track, she projected strength and confidence, as she did in 'Cola,' 'Ride,' 'Video Games,' 'Summertime Sadness,' 'American,' 'Bel Air' and others. She was capable of writing and delivering witty, 'light' songs like 'Radio' and 'Hollywood's Dead.' 

Look at the perhaps tongue-in-cheek 'Paradise' cover art, and all of the publicity photographs of her released then, including the nude British GQ cover, where she was elected 'Woman of the Year.' She was, for 18 months or so, an international style icon. 

Perhaps that was all an act, and it does seem from the perspective of 2020 that it was, but it was pretty convincing at the time; it captured the attention of the world.

Oh trust me, I was sad as fuck when I realized BTD was esentially an art project created by interscope to market her. That whole glam babydoll shit wasn’t her authentic self. And as the years went on she became more in control of her image and craft. I’ll always miss the BTD era though because that’s when I became a fan. That was her most cohesive, aesthetically and lyrically pleasing era no matter what other people say.

you aren't in the right places. there's still thousands of people who work really hard to create a visible intersectional space for everyone. there's increased intersectionality in the kink community, fashion, entertainment, math, engineering, art, science, comedy, etc. we need to do a lot more work, but do not disregard the important and necessary work that thousands are doing each day

Gurl what is this? That’s my point...the so called intersectional feminism is far from over. Even more so on a global scale. So how the hell the third wave over or whatever. Anyways, I’m not going to go deeper into this. It’s more or less an extension of the fight for equality and reaction to the failure of the second wave movement. Its existence and so called third wave movement is primarily a western movement.

And also “girly” feminism what miss Lanz were referring to has barely started in the movement in itself.

sure, the public might forget about this next week, but what has this done to her major relations in the industry? we now know she already gotten into shit with ari... this could easily turn many people off from collabs, future soundtracks and even magazine covers. people care about their image and as lana said we know people already dont want to associate with her... even if the public forgets, what happens when her name is on a front cover or big soundtrack again? people will remember and connect her name with what happened, no one wants to temporarily sour their image over a LDR collab. call me dramatic but its what history shows how things like this always go down, no matter what the persons true intent was

this wont stick with her for YEARS... but shes clearly going to be on many's blacklist this year and potentially next year

The past couple of days does make you wonder how weird or crazy she is in real life, I've always thought she was kind of weird and aloof from her interviews and how she interacts with people but never considered her that aggressive or crazy until recently. The mum stuff last week was really over the top, it came across so blatant that she was trying to put her mum down rather than show appreciation to others like the Candace woman that she tried to disguise it as. Then this stuff was really unnecessary, there seemed no real point to bring anything up and it's like she has done it as she was jealous or angry about something and wanted to cause drama on purpose but mask it as if she was trying to make a real point.

I used to think those tweets and stuff she said were  a joke like "u little fuckers" or the "i wont not fuck you the fuck up" and not that serious but now I think she probably is one of those type of people who are serious and can't take any criticism or who go crazy at anything negative someone says about them then refuse to apologise or discuss what the problem is even if it's not that serious to begin with.  She probably is a full on "Karen". Even as people said trying to say she did not come from money even though everyone kind of knows she did, why even lie about something quite irrelevant?

I still like her though  :awk: