Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

21 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

its funny bc its true and everyone will see :defeated:

The way that you knew  867517235160154112.gif?v=1

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

The instrumental interlude is another interesting one btw. Will we listen to it in its entirety on the Arcadia MV or will there be just a short version/snippet of it? It won't be like Burnt Norton I suppose so it must be purely instrumental right? If it were a short track, I doubt Miss Lana would make a track out of it. It could have worked as Arcadia's intro or outro... 

the instrumental interlude intrigues me so much because not only is it a hard thing to do - but many artists I love have done it perfectly (ex. Weyes Blood, The Beach Boys, and St. Vincent) so seeing Lanz have a crack at it is really exciting. Can't wait to hear it! :creepna3:

4 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

I think the reason I was sort of shocked/mixed on

Hide contents

Text Book opening the album is because it's such a heady, complex song. I mean, I've seen the essays in the lyric thread. To this day, I still don't have the entire song figured out, but it's pretty obvious after some time that it's a mix of daddy issues, Sean, and politics, which are all blended up in the very first song of the album. Then add the tempo/genre changes. It's a lot for the listener. 

:toofunny: Honestly, that song alone will provide most lazy reviewers enough material for a review. 

But honestly, Text Book and Blue Banisters opening the album is very intense. Almost like "You in or you out?". I'm really looking forward to hearing it all together as a whole, the way Lana intends us to.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I think 

Spoiler

TB as the opener is the best of the three for it’s complexity, intrigue, and mystery as discussed by our gorl Stacy. 

Anyways, we are literally getting AT LEAST the tracklist today. There’s no doubt about that. Really. Today is too special to remain silent. Three years ago, she announced MAC and VB and back then she gave us Honeymoon (the track) in this same day, so GET READY GUYS :wowcry:

1 minute ago, 5Rick said:

Anyways, we are literally getting AT LEAST the tracklist today. There’s no doubt about that. Really. Today is too special to remain silent. Three years ago, she announced MAC and VB and back then she gave us Honeymoon (the track) in this same day, so GET READY GUYS :wowcry:

We got a new delulu king

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

I'm not expecting anything to happen today. Yesterday was act I, today is the intermission, and tomorrow is act II

imageproxy.jpg

40 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Please let’s discuss a little bit more about the marketing strategy and the postponed physical release I’m intrigued :flutter: what’s your thoughts? :popcorn:

I really don't care about charts or performance myself but it is nice for your fave to get accolades lol.

That said I think she already had a big release with Chemtrails this year so I think that frees things up a bit for her label wise.

I know a lot of people are thinking that the physicals are coming out two weeks later per Boz's info but I take it as they moved up the digital release by two weeks and the physicals will be even longer. Who knows, may not have physicals by years end lol.

I think it will be super interesting to see where the album "charts" with just the physicals alone.

I def don't think we would be having this without the performance of Chemtrails earlier in the year. 

I'm curious if they will try to promote or push the digital only release in some way. Doubt it. Honestly they are still going to bank and chart. It will just be spread and come in more so at the back end.

Either way I am just glad to get the album sooner. I really don't mind waiting for the physicals. The billboard rule is so ridiculous. 

I already have a headache over all the "flop" bs from the people who equate success with charts. Oh well lol! It will be what it will be.