Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Huh? Terrence loves you, god knows I tried, religion, honeymoon, swan song, don't let me be misunderstood, burnt norton.. .it doesn't get more languid than that.

With the exception of High by the Beach, Freak, Music to Watch Boys to and Art Deco. But those are hardly bops (beach aside).

I agree with you, but those are some of my favourite songs because they're so languid, cinematic, dreamy, and stunning :omfg2: 
I guess I don't consider languid to be a negative word. I think of it as not meaning "low effort" but more the way that a summer day feels all hazy and slow. 

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Well, I for one want zero covers. 

I think it's such a cop-out, generally, and it rarely works for Lana. Country Roads is super mid, for example. In fact, the only covers I ever really liked are Doin' Time, Goodbye Kiss, and the Maleficent song. These are the ones she's made her own through and through.

You Must Love Me, Summer Wine, The Other Woman etc. all sound like they've been borrowed.

I would also quite like zero covers. Although I loved Buddy’s Rendezvous, Doin' Time and a few others, I feel the albums are stronger without them (generally) 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

2 hours ago, Bonita said:

It's either she debuts Henry at coachella or releases it after that's my guess

I like Henry but I don’t think it should be the first single from Lasso. It’s a bit « small » sounding.

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I like Henry but I don’t think it should be the first single from Lasso. It’s a bit « small » sounding.

She could release a stronger track before Coachella and perform it and then release Henry right after :lanahairflip4:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don't mind as long it's a memorable song, maybe in the range of MAC or Slowburn by Kacey Musgraves. We just know a few seconds, it's hard to tell how the whole song develops...

i can almost picture henry come on never releasing and leaving everyone confused bc that would be so lana

like i can picture her teasing a new song, that being the lead single, and her pretending she didn’t tease a whole different song months ago :smile2:

giphy.gif

is Take me home, country roads gonna be on this album? Cause I really think that it will, along with Henry, come on

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

1 hour ago, Rico25 said:

She could release a stronger track before Coachella and perform it and then release Henry right after :lanahairflip4:

This! 
Let’s not kid ourselves : with country, Lana is taking somewhat of a risk, by trying something new. Jack said Lasso was brilliant, she needs to put out an exciting song at first to attract attention to her new venture. Henry, Come On sounds very good, very promising, but is it « strong » or « memorable » enough for a lead for a new project? Not sure 🤔 

41 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i can almost picture henry come on never releasing and leaving everyone confused bc that would be so lana

like i can picture her teasing a new song, that being the lead single, and her pretending she didn’t tease a whole different song months ago :smile2:

We’ve been at this with so many releases already: Happiness Is a Butterfly, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Candy Necklace. It’s almost tradition at this point, to get a first teaser that is not the first single :omfg2:

30 minutes ago, honeymooncd said:

is Take me home, country roads gonna be on this album? Cause I really think that it will, along with Henry, come on

According to the press release, it was a standalone single, most likely for her Grammy campaign. 

26 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

This! 
Let’s not kid ourselves : with country, Lana is taking somewhat of a risk, by trying something new. Jack said Lasso was brilliant, she needs to put out an exciting song at first to attract attention to her new venture. Henry, Come On sounds very good, very promising, but is it « strong » or « memorable » enough for a lead for a new project? Not sure 🤔 

We’ve been at this with so many releases already: Happiness Is a Butterfly, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Candy Necklace. It’s almost tradition at this point, to get a first teaser that is not the first single :omfg2:

i think that’s why nobody cares about henry come on rn we know too well 😭😭😭

giphy.gif

Manifesting a 11 to 12 tracks album with no random interludes, collabs, and covers. All L4na. Hit after hit. No skips. Each songs are smashes and can be replayed endlessly. The album itself can be played back to back endlessly. Song lengths between 2 - 4 minutes. Please, make normal music again. We got enough of the artsy fartsy stuff. Time to be normal.

20 minutes ago, DCooper said:

In my dream last night Lasso tracklist was revealed and the last song was a duet with Dolly Parton of Video Games lolol

But imagine if she did put her original “country” versions of video games and ride on the record 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I can’t get over the dramatics over the silence :hide:

I feel like this is some people’s first full pre-release :bebe:

it’s not officially announced, and she gave a September date, of course there’s no news yet. We’re 5 months from the supposed release month. Henry will be on the album, but it’s not that out of the ordinary that we heard one snippet and nothing since 

"Don’t forget me"

prediction - going down in flames could be on lasso. 
insiders seem to think it wasn’t meant for blue banisters and considering it kinda seems like a country song it makes sense 

1 hour ago, mcull13 said:

prediction - going down in flames could be on lasso. 
insiders seem to think it wasn’t meant for blue banisters and considering it kinda seems like a country song it makes sense 

what insiders?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Kinda curious how much this album has changed over the past 4 years. Considering how much she changes her mind about music, I’m also wondering if other artists releasing country albums this year will affect or already affected the direction of Lasso

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄