Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

No, Lana would not ass kiss. See, Billie Eilish didn’t ass kiss though, but her team did. Her parents connections didn’t hurt either.

Billie did go on a ton of TV talk shows when the nominations were out. As we know Lana does not go in TV. There are a lot of things that I think Lana just isn’t willing to do. She is not a Hollywood insider who likes mingling with big shots.

Having said this, Lana does have one secret weapon; Jack Antanoff. In this case if he were to go around to all these industry events, mingle and simply talk about his work with Lana then she is in business. Also, the engineers and mixers who work on Lana’s music need to show up at events too. At AES last year (which I attended) I didn’t see Jack or any of Lana’s engineers/mixers. At AES, all the audio professionals gather and many of them are voting members of the Recording Academy. The key is to be making waves within The Producers and Engineers Wing of the academy. Now Billie’s team didn’t have to do any of that because of all the money she made. But I do believe that in the future that even if Lana doesn’t make the most money, if those who work with her in the recording process go to the AES Convention, Recording Academy events (in particular those run by the Producers and Engineers wing) then Lana will have a real advantage.

The biggest voting block in the academy is not the musicians. It’s the producers engineers and mixers. See they all loved Billie’s album because it was recorded in a bedroom with only one expensive plug-in that Finneas used.

But there is a way forward. Make no mistake about it.

I find this whole conversation is so stupid. Who cares about a Grammy? It's meaningless

No, Lana would not ass kiss. See, Billie Eilish didn’t ass kiss though, but her team did. Her parents connections didn’t hurt either.

Billie did go on a ton of TV talk shows when the nominations were out. As we know Lana does not go in TV. There are a lot of things that I think Lana just isn’t willing to do. She is not a Hollywood insider who likes mingling with big shots.

Having said this, Lana does have one secret weapon; Jack Antanoff. In this case if he were to go around to all these industry events, mingle and simply talk about his work with Lana then she is in business. Also, the engineers and mixers who work on Lana’s music need to show up at events too. At AES last year (which I attended) I didn’t see Jack or any of Lana’s engineers/mixers. At AES, all the audio professionals gather and many of them are voting members of the Recording Academy. The key is to be making waves within The Producers and Engineers Wing of the academy. Now Billie’s team didn’t have to do any of that because of all the money she made. But I do believe that in the future that even if Lana doesn’t make the most money, if those who work with her in the recording process go to the AES Convention, Recording Academy events (in particular those run by the Producers and Engineers wing) then Lana will have a real advantage.

The biggest voting block in the academy is not the musicians. It’s the producers engineers and mixers. See they all loved Billie’s album because it was recorded in a bedroom with only one expensive plug-in that Finneas used.

But there is a way forward. Make no mistake about it.

Lana's strategy seems to have been: «The critics have spoken», when it came to her Grammy campaign. It's true that Billie was promoting the record so much more when came time to campaign. 

I saw the Billie wins as a mean for the Grammy to prove they are still relevant and «cool», by having a young and talented singer win all the important awards that night, which has been a long-time critic of the Grammy's (a bunch of old geysers awarding their piers). I do wonder if she they regretted their choice, with the pandemic situation: NFR became so much more relevant than Billie's record, as good as it is. 

Anyways, I don't expect any Grammy wins for Lana, except maybe in the spoken-word category, or at some point in the future, for outstanding accomplishment in her career, or something like that. 

I find this whole conversation is so stupid. Who cares about a Grammy? It's meaningless

Actually it is BS. All these industry awards are. It’s really all about money.

Still there is value in peer recognition. I do think these industry awards have become way too PC now.

Lana's strategy seems to have been: «The critics have spoken», when it came to her Grammy campaign. It's true that Billie was promoting the record so much more when came time to campaign.

I saw the Billie wins as a mean for the Grammy to prove they are still relevant and «cool», by having a young and talented singer win all the important awards that night, which has been a long-time critic of the Grammy's (a bunch of old geysers awarding their piers). I do wonder if she they regretted their choice, with the pandemic situation: NFR became so much more relevant than Billie's record, as good as it is.

Anyways, I don't expect any Grammy wins for Lana, except maybe in the spoken-word category, or at some point in the future, for outstanding accomplishment in her career, or something like that.

It’s like when Bruce Springsteen (Born in the USA) lost Album of the Year to Lionel Richie. I think now we all kind of know they messed up that year.

Or when Pink Floyd (The Wall) lost Album of the year to Christopher Cross. That was a huge screw up.

2. Let me say this about Best Spoken Word Album next year;

Someone was mentioning Hasley... probably not a threat in that race.

Lana’s biggest competition for Spoken Word Album in January will be James Taylor for his audiobook. But I think Lana has the edge because it’s so different.

This years winner for Spoken Word Album was Michelle Obama.

Actually it is BS. All these industry awards are. It’s really all about money.

Still there is value in peer recognition. I do think these industry awards have become way too PC now.

It’s like when Bruce Springsteen (Born in the USA) lost Album of the Year to Lionel Richie. I think now we all kind of know they messed up that year.

Or when Pink Floyd (The Wall) lost Album of the year to Christopher Cross. That was a huge screw up.

Let me say this about Best Spoken Word Album next year;

On the topic of Spoken Word album in 2021, Someone was mentioning Hasley... probably not a threat in that race.

Lana’s biggest competition for Spoken Word Album in January will be James Taylor for his audiobook. But I think Lana has the edge because it’s so different.

This years winner for Spoken Word Album was Michelle Obama.

Another Grammy rob was Adele not-so-good 25 winning over Beyonce's Lemonade. Now, come on! 

honestly i just need a VB v2

saaaaame

VB is the main reason why I love NFR

sis really hypnotized me through that track  :yesnod:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

saaaaame

VB is the main reason why I love NFR

sis really hypnotized me through that track  :yesnod:

I’d love to see Lana release another long song. Heck Bob Dylan just released a 17 minute long song; “Murder Most Foul” which is about the Kennedy Assassination.

folklore by taylor swift really made me change my mind about the folky sound that cocc might have (of course we have nothing but lana sometimes embodies the music through herself and this one feels stripped back and honest). also i've seen some lyrical parallels between lana and taylor through this new album and it's always nice to have an artist you love be influenced by your fave. very excited for this album :)

honestly i just need a VB v2

Yeah that would be amazing!! Love Venice Bitch so much and it's my fave from NFR! and one of my favourite songs ever along with West Coast

Imagine if we heard Venice Bitch for the first time on the album. That would have been a big surprise though

Wouldn't mind another 10 minute song or even longer on COCC ... it actually would be amazing

I hope that we will get some songs with a lot of electric guitars, synths, surfy vibes and drums and some songs with acoustic guitar, maybe a silent flute or harp in the back and some folk vibes

Not too much piano ballads this time pls maybe one or two

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

This bitch keeps posting overnight (I live in Italy) - I know she’s going to stop posting for like a week and then boom, she’s going to give us a preview or a snippet or a pre-order or something like that. I can feel that. But Violet is approaching too. Even though I don’t think it will distract people from the new record. I mean, Violet is going to be a fan thing. But honest to god I do not know what to expect. Like literally no idea. With NFR I kinda expected her shifting towards that sound following the second half of ‘LackOfLife’. But now I’ve already been through phase 1 psychedelic alt rock phase 2 piano guitar folk phase 3 surfy noir chill what is it going to be arghh

whew chile anyways-

am i the only one who gets super impatient when i KNOW lana has a new album ready but it’s not out yet? like i hate waiting for it to be released. i just want COCC... :(

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

back to the aesthetic topic of the era just a bit...

since I don't think NK did the photos for the album ( :cryney:) and maybe nicole is the one behind it I'm manifesting this kind of vibe

glamour. fog. drama.  :diva:

4d5c904dfefa99849098d33ae1d458bd_hd.jpg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

GUYS I just found this: https://imgur.com/a/b4thlOK

So the album is coming on the 4th instead of the 5th?! When you click on the link it just leads you to the Violet preorder page :(

It also mentions the genres Rock & Pop

So does this mean that we will get some rockish songs .... please let this be true!!! That would be a dream!!

Next week we will get the audio book, maybe a single is coming soon, preorder August 5th and if this site is legit the album will be released Semptember 4th and is really cumming in september

I'm soooo excited aaaah

We have won!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: