Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

29 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I really wish she wouldn’t have said September. Tbh I don’t believe her at all. I do think it’ll be this year (probably) but it’ll more than likely be an October/November album. Tunnel was perfect. Announced in December with a lead single and pre order for 3 months away. 

Now we’ve regressed. No album cover, no single, no preorder. Just Lana announcing an album based on vibes :bebe:

As I said before, im Not ruling out September as a possible release  (yet), if she submits the album in March for physical releases. If she’s  been working at it for four years, it’s a possibility. However, October or November seems more plausible given her track record on release dates :omfg2:

and anyways, if a preorder doesn’t come with a date, then it’s almost a « manifestation » at this point with her :true:

I can see the album being delayed past September but I really do think that this album is going to be released. With her current love of country and the fact that she decided to announce it in a more professional space compared to just on IG I think Lasso will definitely be LDR10. 

Definitely a career-defining moment to have your tenth album be a completely new genre. 

hyz6.gif

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

As I said before, im Not ruling out September as a possible release  (yet), if she submits the album in March for physical releases. If she’s  been working at it for four years, it’s a possibility. However, October or November seems more plausible given her track record on release dates :omfg2:

I really do think it’ll be this year for sure! When she announced Chemtrails, that was in May, and she never felt fully confident in the album..plus she couldn’t work on the album with Jack because of covid so circumstances were different. 

I do think September is her goal post, but she still has to finish the album, get in line for physicals, and have the physicals pressed, and then it depends on her label and when they want to release it..stuff like that takes time, and she’s a horrible judge of how long things take to be done 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Maybe she's being conservative with her guess for the first time ever and it's actually coming in July :oprah4:

We need someone to go check if vinyl plants received it yet :oprah9: (unlikely if Jack is working on it this week… Unless it’s a digital release only, then we could have it in like a month :dua:)

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I really do think it’ll be this year for sure! When she announced Chemtrails, that was in May, and she never felt fully confident in the album..plus she couldn’t work on the album with Jack because of covid so circumstances were different. 

I do think September is her goal post, but she still has to finish the album, get in line for physicals, and gave the physicals pressed, and then it depends on her label and when they want to release it..stuff like that takes time, and she’s a horrible judge of how long things take to be done 

:gclap:Exactly :true: and after ten years with Interscope, she never remembers she has to ask her company if it’s doable :omfg2:

yeah it seems like the album isn't finished and September only gives her like 3-4 months MAX to get everything in order :oprah3: I think her announcing September was something she just did randomly in the heat of being on stage in front of a lot of industry people but im ready for the shitshow when September rolls around and its COCC all over again where we get a vid of her apologizing and giving us crumbs showing us she's actually working :xgiggle: I saw someone on twitter be like "gUyS lAnA sAiD rIdE aNd ViDeO gAmEs WeRe CoUnTrY" and like gurl... lets be so fr thats not what she means when the albums called fucking Lasso like cope with it were going country :air: im praying for a Dolly collab that would be very exciting and another Legend to cosign her discography like yupppppp :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

my birthday is in September and it falls on a Friday this year soooo.. ms gurl better stick to that release schedule I have a 1/4 chance of LDRX as my birthday present

7 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

my birthday is in September and it falls on a Friday this year soooo.. ms gurl better stick to that release schedule I have a 1/4 chance of LDRX as my birthday present

pls the way I'm still calling it LDRX... idk how to feel about Lasso anytime I think of that word since this morning my brain conjures the image of a mango lassi for some reason, it's making it hard to envision a vibe as an album title :awk:

Tbh I believe her about September. The release of Ocean Blvd was relatively organized with no false release dates, and she’s said this year that her inclination is more towards simpler songs, now having worked out the complex subject matter of the last record. I imagine the whole process has been pretty fast and easy in terms of writing post-Ocean Blvd. 

Plus, the way she talked about it last night seems like this has been an ongoing side project for the last few years that finally made sense to polish into a real record and release now.