Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, For K said:

WAIT Y'ALL WAIT and that last post on honey moon with the upside down edit or 'tide' text. The pictures was older, at least from 2015 I remember seeing on LB when we were discussing it. 

What if she's.... EDITING her past. And, this may be much more speculative she wore taylor's red ring a week or so ago, which could allude to taylor's remaking of her own old music. Which could tie back to this whole idea of revisiting her past.

IM MOVING OKAY 

She's fixing her karmic lineage :judgingu3:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

Lana Del Rey’s latest studio record is a stunning reflection of all her many shades—the dark, the delicate, and undeniably enigmatic. 

The self-titled record opens with the gorgeous Death Never Came: a powerful punctuation to the narrative paved by Born To Die and Lust For Life.

“In the smog of the morning, I’d dig my own grave/Only to rise and then find/My death never came.” In the final chorus, her voice soars on the last word, bleeding into a small crying of strings and almost whimsical ambient. 

The record is imbued with this somberness, but it doesn’t seem to weigh the singer-songwriter down. The opening track swims into the almost sinisterly sarcastic Orchids From A Friend, a track both sonically reminiscent of the work on Portishead’s Dummy and Del Rey’s own debut record as well. 

She closes the record with “The Walls Whisper My Name,” leaving the listener with more questions than answers, shrouding herself in a larger-than-life sense of mystery that permeated her early works like Honeymoon. 

Her 9th studio record is one of her best, so brace yourself: it’s a thrilling ride from start to finish. 

omg I love this, especially the image its gorgeous :oprah: 

Lana should use this tbh :agree:

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

Lana Del Rey’s latest studio record is a stunning reflection of all her many shades—the dark, the delicate, and undeniably enigmatic. 

The self-titled record opens with the gorgeous Death Never Came: a powerful punctuation to the narrative paved by Born To Die and Lust For Life.

“In the smog of the morning, I’d dig my own grave/Only to rise and then find/My death never came.” In the final chorus, her voice soars on the last word, bleeding into a small crying of strings and almost whimsical ambient. 

The record is imbued with this somberness, but it doesn’t seem to weigh the singer-songwriter down. The opening track swims into the almost sinisterly sarcastic Orchids From A Friend, a track both sonically reminiscent of the work on Portishead’s Dummy and Del Rey’s own debut record as well. 

She closes the record with “The Walls Whisper My Name,” leaving the listener with more questions than answers, shrouding herself in a larger-than-life sense of mystery that permeated her early works like Honeymoon. 

Her 9th studio record is one of her best, so brace yourself: it’s a thrilling ride from start to finish. 

I’m completely in love with this :oprah:

Tumblr

what if she releases both AKA Lizzy and LDR9 on the same day with no warning :squidward: i would completely ascend 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, Prettywhenyoudye said:

omg she commented on neil’s latest pic on ig & he replied “see you soon” WE WON

I have never developed a repulsion to a word faster than I did for “soon”. 

6 minutes ago, Apple n Apple said:

Anyone remember one of the insiders post a series of emojis, one of them being a disco ball and fireworks...?

Omg….

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

4 hours ago, For K said:

WAIT Y'ALL WAIT and that last post on honey moon with the upside down edit or 'tide' text. The pictures was older, at least from 2015 I remember seeing on LB when we were discussing it. 

What if she's.... EDITING her past. And, this may be much more speculative she wore taylor's red ring a week or so ago, which could allude to taylor's remaking of her own old music. Which could tie back to this whole idea of revisiting her past.

IM MOVING OKAY :pray2:

this makes so much sense omg I'm not ready but I am at the same time 

I wouldn't want AKA re-recorded or new visuals for it because that'd ruin the 2008/2010 vibes, but remastered songs and original music videos would be a dream. And a booklet and everything :krylie:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

52 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Where did TWBTKYN come from btw? Is that from Boz too?

Idk but it’s in a reply to one of Boz’ tweets with the longer acronym. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I dont know what to make of the Neil comment… I interpret it as either:

- a photoshoot did happen and they’re about to reveal it;

- a photoshoot is planned in the coming weeks / months;

- or they know they will work together again sometime in the future but nothing formal is planned yet (I had an ex who would say « see you soon », but the « soon » in question was almost a month later 🙄😭)

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I dont know what to make of the Neil comment… I interpret it as either:

- a photoshoot did happen and they’re about to reveal it;

- a photoshoot is planned in the coming weeks / months;

- or they know they will work together again sometime in the future but nothing formal is planned yet (I had an ex who would say « see you soon », but the « soon » in question was almost a month later 🙄😭)

this talk is happening under what Neil concluded for Weyes blood's new album, I think there is more possibility that they have planned to do something during a specific period to come in accordance with "see y soon". so I agree with your second view:icant: