rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT July 3, 2024

27 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

One thing about miss Del Rey, she does not care about hype. She shows something then lets it die immediately because she knows we’ll eat it up no matter what. It’s our fault as a fandom truly. #ignoreTough2024 

jk but… am i really jk’ing..

just call me Jk Rowling okay I’m drunk bye I’m sorry 

girl, i passed out from laughing 

put more tobacco in that

0YnL0Kf.gif

52 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks Tough isn’t going to be a huge success on the charts😭

Say Yes To Heaven debuted with 4 million streams and stayed very consistent but only charted for three weeks and peaked at #54:aubrey: Idk if she can beat that but I’ll be thrilled if she does

i mean... it all depends on the promo. It's lana (she's had 15 entries before); it's quavo (he's had even more), and it's a BOP.

the issue isn't the song or the artists. The issue is the promo (or lack thereof).

Again, two little snippets is not marketing. Where is the hype? Where are the stories on socia? Where is the video teaser? Where are interviews with lana x quavo? Zane lowe? Bbc? Annie mac? Where are the billboards? Where is the youtube takeover? Where is the release date? Tv performance 

if the song underperforms, it will not be lana's and quavo's fault. Just sayin'

2 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

One thing about miss Del Rey, she does not care about hype. She shows something then lets it die immediately because she knows we’ll eat it up no matter what. It’s our fault as a fandom truly. #ignoreTough2024 

jk but… am i really jk’ing..

just call me Jk Rowling okay I’m drunk bye I’m sorry 

Jk Rolling on the floor laughing :D

This one little song has made us really delulu :D People better not start bashing it once it's out. I'm going to bet on now July 5th or 6th - the release date. Or 7th. Or maybe July 4th, she always posts about American independence parties at her house or at friends on Instagram as well, when she's active on Insta, she's always teasing the song

url%5D

24 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I’m not sure Lana necessarily *wants* to be any more successful chart-wise, at least in terms of conventional singles. It may deliberately be being allowed to simmer and pass by less noticed.

Reminder: she made a dumb song with grande and cyrus. She wants it

35 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I’m not sure Lana necessarily *wants* to be any more successful chart-wise, at least in terms of conventional singles. It may deliberately be being allowed to simmer and pass by less noticed.

literally for what reason. No one wants to be bad at their job 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

41 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

obviously she doesn’t care that much, if she did she would be promoting the hell out of it

14 minutes ago, Mer said:

literally for what reason. No one wants to be bad at their job 

so you’re saying that she was bad at her job in the first years of her career when anyone liked her? 

artists’ talent and quality is not defined by charts and numbers but you’re not ready to have that conversation… (but i love Taylor Swift tho and she’s amazing)

0YnL0Kf.gif

it’s funny to me when ppl still have a hard time accepting lana really dgaf abt charts bc like why should she… she has a dedicated fanbase most artists can only ever dream of, finally critical acclaim, complete freedom from her label to pursue whatever she wants musically, is one of the most streamed artists globally yet still manages to live a relatively normal life and be out and about most of the time… it’d be weirder if she gaf abt going to no 1 of billboard atp.. like for what.. if the song is a hit it’ll be a hit but like who cares

the endless chart discussion and comparison to other artists, acting like charting and artistic recognition are mutually exclusive... where does this even come from other than having these numbers bashed into your brain by the popbase twitter account like get real 😭 lana is a successful and prolific artist and she will continue to be. just enjoy things