LDRO

Instagram Updates

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

You should've clarified you meant the eras, lol. I mean, I liked COTCC as an album, but BB has not clicked with me at all :cryney: #tiredofpiano

It’s a mix honestly. I love the vibe Honeymoon has but most of the individual songs don't click with me and I feel even more disappointed after hearing how wonderful songs like Freak could have been if she didn’t always scrap everything at the last minute.

Regarding Blue Banisters: I actually enjoy a bunch of the new tracks. However, I don’t think filling it up with all those half-baked outtakes that already leaked in the same exact version was a good idea. It doesn’t feel like an album that was fully thought through and it just makes the other songs look even more like fillers.

At this point, Lana should really reconsider releasing her popular unreleased songs. They all go viral and she makes 0 money out of it. I think she could easily release anthology volumes with her best unreleased material from 2010 and 2011. A more cutesy album and a femme fatale one. It would be a massive collapse.

2 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

I mean yeah…Honeymoon is not as lukewarm as BB and COTCC in retrospect but god…I remember when it was released. It felt so underwhelming after Ultraviolence and she gave us NOTHING that era. Two of the videos were 50% lifted from scrapped UV visuals.

I’ve always wondered how Honeymoon was received among fans when it was first released. Today it’s still one of her least listened to albums, and I often see it show up towards the bottom of lists when her albums are ranked. I think it being the last album she released with cinematic production has a lot to do with it being more well liked now than maybe it was in the past. I definitely think it is a better album than BB or COCC though. 

5 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I’ve always wondered how Honeymoon was received among fans when it was first released. Today it’s still one of her least listened to albums, and I often see it show up towards the bottom of lists when her albums are ranked. I think it being the last album she released with cinematic production has a lot to do with it being more well liked now than maybe it was in the past. I definitely think it is a better album than BB or COCC though. 

people did not like honeymoon when it came out. you just have to be in a certain mood to listen to this album. but i’m glad this album is a part of her discography 

16 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

i remember being so disappointed in this album when it first came out. i feel like back then everyone was craving the born to die sound to come back (which… omg i really don’t want that sound to come back now) and with HBTB being the comeback and it being a bit more upbeat we were really looking forward to a similar sound for the album

and then when the album was released it just felt so underwhelming

took me a good year to finally fall in love with this album and its now my all time fav besides UV 

Honeymoon was her first album that went for a very strong cohesive feel. Most of the time that leads to the individual songs not really sticking out much because they seem weak when looking at them in isolation.

Honeymoon doesn't really have a song on it that can hold up to songs like Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Born to Die, Summertime Sadness, etc. It was intentionally low key and dreamy. It has a quiet feel and it was very hard to digest after the rather opulent and “heavy” production that made her music so unique.

Aside from that, the singles leading up to the album's release were VERY underwhelming:

• High By the Beach was an attempt at a BTD-esque bop but it's rather bland and sounded very cheap at that time.
  • Honeymoon is not really a good "single" and only really shines as opening/intro of the album. Sonically stunning but lyrically one of her weakest songs. The song focuses entirely on the soundscape and the melody gets pushed into the background.
  • Terrence Loves You is her most stripped back song to date. Yes, it’s a fan favourite but for someone like me who focuses a lot on production, it was an instant bore.
  • Music to Watch Boys to was the only song that felt like classic Lana after the three others but it was also very slow and low key.
  • Freak, Art Deco, Religion and The Blackest Day are the only songs on the album that are somewhat reminiscent of pre-HM Lana but they didn’t receive much attention aside from Freak, cause they were never promoted or pushed after the album's release.

For someone like me who stanned Lana prior to HM mostly because of the exquisite production of her songs, HM was a point of crisis and I will never be able to properly look beyond the disappointment the album has caused, sadly.

People hated Honeymoon when it came out

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I officially became a Lana fan a little less than a year and half after Honeymoon was released, and even then, most people I saw didn't like the album or said it was their least favorite. I really don't remember seeing people appreciating Honeymoon so much until 2020

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

It’s a mix honestly. I love the vibe Honeymoon has but most of the individual songs don't click with me and I feel even more disappointed after hearing how wonderful songs like Freak could have been if she didn’t always scrap everything at the last minute.

Regarding Blue Banisters: I actually enjoy a bunch of the new tracks. However, I don’t think filling it up with all those half-baked outtakes that already leaked in the same exact version was a good idea. It doesn’t feel like an album that was fully thought through and it just makes the other songs look even more like fillers.

At this point, Lana should really reconsider releasing her popular unreleased songs. They all go viral and she makes 0 money out of it. I think she could easily release anthology volumes with her best unreleased material from 2010 and 2011. A more cutesy album and a femme fatale one. It would be a massive collapse.

i love Blue Bannisters but i totally agree. it feels somewhat lazy. 

maybe we are ungrateful in thinking this cause those older songs should have never been leaked but it definitely feels like after honeymoon she kinda got lazy as far as the era creations she used to do. 

as far as the worlds the albums, btd/paradise/uv/honeymoon are all their owwwwn specific world. 

they contained their own world and cotcc is kinda all over the place, nfr could have been it’s own world but again, cotcc/bb are so similar :/ 

It’s true about Honeymoon. I guess later is better than never, but I’m so glad it’s finally getting its flowers. Before very recently, though, it was a very small portion of fans on here that loved the record! I specifically remember me and like, 4 other members congregating in the HM thread about 4 or 5 years ago, and now it seems almost everyone adores the album! I love the Honeymoon renaissance. 💐

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

It’s true about Honeymoon. I guess later is better than never, but I’m so glad it’s finally getting its flowers. Before very recently, though, it was a very small portion of fans on here that loved the record! I specifically remember me and like, 4 other members congregating in the HM thread about 4 or 5 years ago, and now it seems almost everyone adores the album! I love the Honeymoon renaissance. 💐

actually i love every single Lana's project she's ever put out

But thanks to the greatness of level that her discography attained, her other releases seem to have that ability to even overshadow the pure artistry of Honeymoon - which is already magnificent on its own. That just shows us how an artist of the generation she is and will be.

I can feel like Chemtrails or Blue Banisters is another similar situation now.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think that’s what often happens with “underdog albums”. People get tired of the popular albums or everyone stanning the obvious choices, so they turn to the less loved ones and often times it develops into a desire to demand more attention for these.

For example: It's more fun to fantasize about live performances of songs that she has never performed. BTD, Paradise, LFL and UV all got their time to shine. The others didn't, so fans are automatically inclined to get more excited if a song from those albums gets a surprise appearance. Born to Die at this point is overplayed and Lust for Life gets a lot of shit for coming after Honeymoon and getting way more love than HM and NFR combined.

1 minute ago, Frangipani said:

I like her work with Drew but some of his mixing on BB felt a little lazy :eek:

NFR is right there :scoff:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

NFR is right there :scoff:

this cocc erasure :awkney: (aside from the first 3 tracks they can stay)

edit: if i see any quotes on this starting another jack argument i'm adding you to my ignored list it's just a difference of opinion :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif