rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT July 3, 2024

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Music videos and visuals are still important. It’s an artistic expression along with the music. It’s just more content for the fans to enjoy. It’s also STILL a great tool for promotion/marketing.

Youtube itself is a dying platform for music consumption. That’s why the views are so low now.

Short video clips go viral on other social media all the time (twitter and TikTok). I don’t think some of these recent hits would have done as well without their music videos. People still watch videos just not on YouTube. Short clips from different section of the songs get posted everywhere. Without an actual music video, that would not be possible.

Also people essentially make their own music videos now on TikTok, but the official ones are still important to shape the artist vision of the song. And people can use the official videos and make their own edits with it. Just more promo for the song. 

Agreed

and based on all her streams these past couple of years, I think her MVs could generate a lot of views IF accessible (both song and video) to the GP and visuals in general make us spend more I think lol

so anyways I hope Tough comes out soon but I'm more excited about the intro from Fenway lmao

If they take too long the hype is gonna die down

I’m pretty sure people are already rewatching the snippets on Instagram and the live performance and will get a little tired if they don’t release it soon :/

21 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

If they take too long the hype is gonna die down

I’m pretty sure people are already rewatching the snippets on Instagram and the live performance and will get a little tired if they don’t release it soon :/

That’s why other songs have failed like Yes To Heaven, took too long to release it properly 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

That’s why other songs have failed like Yes To Heaven, took too long to release it properly 

It didn’t fail :rip:. 525 million plus streams. Had they release the version that went viral, it would have been even bigger. Regardless, for a wrong version of the song, it did amazing.

The audacity of them taking down the unreleased version on every platform tho. That killed the song momentum. They wanted people to use the released version. The gag was no one bothered to use the released version on TikTok :lmao:. The released version still got to like 400K videos which is cute, but they killed the song themselves. It could have been even bigger, but like I said, the song still did fantastic. It’s one of her most streamed songs EVER. And it’s still get very high daily streams. It could have been one of THE most streamed songs ever on Spotify. Not just one of “her” most.

Let The Light In was also swiftly killed when they pulled her whole catalog off TikTok just as the song was taking off. It was Top 3 on TikTok for god’s sake (combined over like 480K videos and was pulling like 10K videos made PER DAY) and was also doing almost 1 million streams daily. Imagine had it had the continued momentum on TikTok, and L4na actually performed it at Coachella. It would have been huge.

39 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Let The Light In was also swiftly killed when they pulled her whole catalog off TikTok just as the song was taking off. It was Top 3 on TikTok for god’s sake (combined over 440K videos and was pulling like 10K videos made PER DAY) and was also doing almost 1 million streams daily. 

i just know her team hates her cause i said it before and i will say it again, let the light in could be GIANT if they wanted to…