rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT July 3, 2024

I actually love that cover, font and lighting so I wouldn’t be mad if it’s real. If Tough isn’t for Lasso though then I really have no clue what the plan is or if there is even an album coming. Also, love that whenever we take one step forward (Quavo basically confirming 7/5 release date) we take 5 steps back like this:thumb3: 

Tumblr

Also why are people mad about that cover, I think it’s really cool and the font reminds me of scarface lol.. I’m inclined to believe it’s real because we’ve not seen that photo before have we?

it still fits the Polaroid aesthetic, looks like a damaged Polaroid? Unless I’m mistaken 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

yall are forgetting, if this song was made somewhere between february and april for lana's album, that means the album is like what, 6 months from being ready from that point? it needs 6 months for record manufacturers to make the albums, right? september is only 3 months out. there's not really enough time to put it on lasso if she's still aiming for a september release

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i can’t believe some of you guys still think that lasso is coming this year :lmaoney:

:gasp:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

15 minutes ago, American Whore said:

yall are forgetting, if this song was made somewhere between february and april for lana's album, that means the album is like what, 6 months from being ready from that point? it needs 6 months for record manufacturers to make the albums, right? september is only 3 months out. there's not really enough time to put it on lasso if she's still aiming for a september release

We know the song was made in February because that’s when the insider said it was made..not that there is any guarantee it’s done but she had until March to finish it and still have a September date. But I don’t know where you’re getting it’s still 6 months from being ready, even if it was recorded in April, that still has the album ready for October 

"Don’t forget me"

3 hours ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

temp-Image-Anelyg.avif

Quavo & Lana Del Rey - Tough

Song and Video out July 5

(For Quavo's upcoming project, not Lasso)

I love the nostalgic film tape summer romance vibes of the album art why people hate it and I also love the font, reminds me of the old font BUTTTTTTT where did this come from? Wasn't it suppose to be out on the 4th since he commented on many fans comments about that? And where did it come from tht it's Quavo's?

url%5D

i see how tough could be very likely for quavo's project, since he's mainly teasing it and announcing it (almost) but I can't avoid thinking about the visuals and the melody that are actually giving country! and that makes me think it's for Lana, and maybe she just decided to let quavo tease it :daydream:

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

Tbh it kinda makes sense now, now that's it's Quoavo's because they have another song together that Lenny Kravitz sample song and it had all Quavo's main credits

url%5D

If this ends up being for Quavo I do think there is probably some large scale change of plans for Lana. It clearly being country themed and teased with the same border/aesthetic as Henry are strong suggestions towards it being hers. So I think if it ends up on his project it was maybe meant for hers but she scrapped it. 

1 hour ago, honeyslow said:

everything else aside it's giving fake bc that is a horrendous cover and after they went to all that trouble to shoot a MV and have been posting those polaroids and HQ pics on insta for weeks I truly can't believe this is what they'd pick  :takeitdoen: 

"horrendous" means it is highly likely to be true 😅 remember the BB picsart covers... 

Besides, the Neil Krug pics are not really HQ looking either usually. It's her style. 

It was expensive watch it 

The picture of the cover actually looks like a screenshot from the mv with some text on it. Love the vibe tho.

Edit: idk it gives me the vibe of the opening or ending images of the mv. 

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I won't lie, the cover is giving homemade to me 

But that doesn't really mean it's not real :omfg2:

Not sure what to think at this point

the cover is obviously fake.

They'll drop it on july 4th (i fucking hope) along with the MV.

that said, i still feel like her team dropped the ball on this (regardless whether it's her track or his).

a few stories and snippets is not marketing, and that - along with the massive delay - could hurt the single's chances.

Would it have killed them to put up one billboard or schedule one magazine interview? Unbelivable

47 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i can’t believe some of you guys still think that lasso is coming this year :lmaoney:

the thing is, everyone is dropping music this year. Word on the street is that the music industry is in crisis and artists are struggling.

Covid hit the industry hard, no money was made via gigs, and streaming doesn't really get anyone a lot of money. 

moreover, there's somewhat of a recession going on and people don't have 100$ + bucks to drop on every concert.

so by that theory, it makes sense that lana will stick to her original plan. She works fast, she's got loads of unreleased material, and in her own words - lasso has been several years in the making. 

i'm still hoping this is the first single off that record and we'll get the record at least in December - March. 

mind you, OB's first single dropped 4 months before the album.

It makes no sense to not have Tough on her album. Even if she changed direction and scrapped the Lasso concept, Tough only has a slight country tone and it's one of the newer songs she did so it's not like she's giving away an old collab from an already scrapped project.

I think they are just trolling. The picture might seem new but it's probably a mix of AI and photoshop (cause they are conveniently looking the other way and their faces are covered by the light) and they knew saying it's not for Lana's album would make LB go up in flames :hide:

Also... wasn't the date the 4th? 

giphy.gif