LDRO

Instagram Updates

my comment on her last post got like 400 likes and i really don’t want to feel this visible as a fan during this EXACT scenario and point in her career for gods sake

Ha-ha it's weird I think we all might be a little afraid of her. I admit I have said some maybe not so nice things but I have some strong opinions that I am afraid to share for fear she might see them. What if I had to call in to work and say I can't come in because Lana Del Rey is mad at me?

Yup people are already moving on to the next cancellation. When do you think she'll release the lead single? Some think it's gonna be soon but she should probably wait until people have kinda forgotten about it.

That is so much true!! People are just bored and ready to cancel anyone any day. 

btw. I strongly believe that we will get an album without a lead single. She will just drop it. 

giphy.gif

Yup people are already moving on to the next cancellation. When do you think she'll release the lead single? Some think it's gonna be soon but she should probably wait until people have kinda forgotten about it.

Just posted something similar in the WHF thread, but maybe she’ll drop a single next week to make us forget, same way she dropped Mariners and Venice just a week or two after her “Middle East debacle” :P

(I wouldn’t mind no single at all: I still love NFR so much).

I just hope she emptied her feelings and that she's fine. I've been feeling so bad during these days, I really can't stand any negativity concerning her, she's precious. I just hope we can move on and leave this dark days on our back.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

I just hope she emptied her feelings and that she's fine. I've been feeling so bad during these days, I really can't stand any negativity concerning her, she's precious. I just hope we can move on and leave this dark days on our back.

Same. It makes me sick to think about. I hope it's over for now lol :(

locals only

Call me blind fan whatever but I’ve been seeing people mocking Lana statement about “3rd wave feminism”. “Third wave is over” “we’re in the fourth wave fifth wave!!!!”

But I’m like did y’all just google third wave/fourth/fifth wave saw it on google results and came up with that? The third wave is in hot debate because there’s no clear goal or even its existence at all but a small part of the second wave movement. Whereas the so called “fourth wave” or tech wave of feminism is under the same fire because it excluded a large part of the world with no proper access to technology. 

In a lot of ways, “technically” Lana is correct again. People keep pushing the narrative that she’s “ignorant” but..... she’s not?

Lanz said "in what will inevitably become a new wave/3rd wave of feminism that is rapidly approaching. Watch!" and I think most people actually interested in feminist theory can agree that the 3rd wave of feminism has already begun. Whether we are still in it is debatable to a lot of people, but we've definitely already "approached" it and it does sound funny when she says "Watch!" like she's missed the last couple of decades. I think it's just kinda funny

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

The problem is that LDR doesn't know how to separate her personal life and feelings from her professional life, and, admittedly, the categories can become extremely blurred in this IG/TW era. But LDR isn't 14, she's not someone just out of the gate. She's in her 30s and has been at this a while now. So many great writers and vocalists were her age or younger when they were at the height of their fame, including women like Janis Joplin, Dianna Ross, Grace Slick, Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Grace Jones, Carly Simon, Stevie Nicks, Rickie Lee Jones, Linda Ronstadt, Patti Smith, Ann Wilson, Debbie Harry, Kate Bush, Pat Benatar, Siouxsie, Shiela E, Sade, Kim Gordan, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Tracy Chapman, Pink, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Lorde, etc. 

It's up to LDR and her team to figure this process out and not allow themselves to be trolled or easily upset by people like Ann Powers, who seems to believe that she, Powers, sets the pace for women everywhere, especially women in music. That's absurd. What Powers wants is to see, like a facist, is every female vocalist and artist out there towing Powers' political line and and keeping in line, under Powers' control. 

As I said before, LDR can write and sing about virtually anything she wishes, it's no one's business but her own. If people don't like it, they can turn it off, delete it, not buy or download it. She's letting people successfully make her their punching bag. She's falling for it, like a teenager. Where is the old confidence, the old assurity? 

I have noticed LDR trying to get 'more in line' with Woke culture, especially on NFR, and to me, that's sad, and part of the reason why she's gone from the 'steely goddess' who was largely above the fray of BTD/P to the limping, sometimes broken, apologist we've seen so often since. And now she's broken again, and in public, and the trolls of the world LOVE IT. The trolls are eagerly feeding off her and would probably love to see nothing more than a LDR suicide. 

Um, I don't like this mindset. I don't think it sets a good example for the forum to tell a user who just joined here that "hating Lana is our specialty" because that's absolutely not what this forum is about nor promotes. LanaBoards is intended to be a positive and healthy place for discussion. Of course, all sorts of opinions are welcome even if they lean on the negative or critical side, just as long as they don't cross any sort of line. With that being said, I really don't like to see users encouraging hate. Blatant hate is absolutely not tolerated. There's a fine but very clear line between constructive criticism and blatant hate, and LanaBoards does not at all promote the latter. I still feel weird about speaking publicly during this time, but I just couldn't ignore this message.

@@Luisjeescobarb my apologies for the message directed at you, I hope you don't gather wrong ideas about this community and its intentions. x

Sorry, I tried to make a joke of the matter, but I understand what you mean and I agree. I sincerely apologize if my short message came off like I just come on here to spew hate on Lana, or imply that this is what other people come on here to do as well, because that was not my intention. In hindsight, it was a bit tone deaf.

I guess I just tried to imply that people on this community have, for a lack of better wording, a love/hate relationship with Lana and whilst they love her to death they are sometimes also very critical of her choices both personally and professionally. We all feel very, veeery, passionately about her. Also, it probably explains why there is a "Biggest Lana hater" category at the Lipsters. 

No hard feelings. xx

On a lighter note, I can't believe that I've reached my 1000th post. I finally have my three dots!  :flutter:

I just got registered cause I didnt know this forum existed. I almost read every single page of this thread. And some of you spend more time talking sh*t about Lana than haters themselves lol. Are you even fans? If you think shes ignorant, racist, whatever; why do you even bother following her?! Personally, I dont even have such negative thoughts about anyone, not even about people whove hurt me. You are unbelieveble. You really have to reflect on yourselves. Some of you are saying shes in a bad state of mind... firstly, shes human too; secondly, shouldnt you be NICER if shes not doing well? Have you ever gone through a harsh time? You wouldnt like to read sh*t specially from your people. You seem to be lacking empathy big time. And want to let this clear before you reply back, theres a big difference in saying something you think shes done wrong to go ranting about and being mean.

And you Foxglove are the most toxic "fan"/hater, on this thread at least, thats why I quoted your message to say this. I really cant deal with your toxicity. I really hope Lana doesnt read this forum.

If she does, a big hug to you from a sensitive soul to another one .

if Lana reads this forum, honestly, she needs to take a close look at her priorities and make some serious life decisions about what's worth her time.  she is a millionaire successful pop star, fighting with fans on the internet and getting bothered by think pieces on dumb blogs from 2014.  i'm obviously exaggerating and went a lil extra hard in that last post because the mods on this site literally deleted my posts.  but i stand by what i said.  Lana should educate herself.  she's in this whole mess because she refuses to.  i guess everyone else gets an opinion but me?

tbh i havent been on this site for a hot minute till all this drama, and the only reason i am now is because this drama is entertaining and i wanna hear Lana's new music.  idk WHY, i just do.

Um, I don't like this mindset. I don't think it sets a good example for the forum to tell a user who just joined here that "hating Lana is our specialty" because that's absolutely not what this forum is about nor promotes. LanaBoards is intended to be a positive and healthy place for discussion. Of course, all sorts of opinions are welcome even if they lean on the negative or critical side, just as long as they don't cross any sort of line. With that being said, I really don't like to see users encouraging hate. Blatant hate is absolutely not tolerated. There's a fine but very clear line between constructive criticism and blatant hate, and LanaBoards does not at all promote the latter. I still feel weird about speaking publicly during this time, but I just couldn't ignore this message.

@@Luisjeescobarb my apologies for the message directed at you, I hope you don't gather wrong ideas about this community and its intentions. x

hey @@Elle can i get an apology too  :hooker:   for the message directed at me?  or because someone (maybe you?) deleted my post?  do you decide the "intentions" of this "community" singlehandedly?  it's a forum.  as in, multiple people sharing their individual thoughts.  there was literally a category in those Lanaboards awards for "biggest Lana hater" --------- i'm really confused what's allowed and what's not.  especially since what i said is true?  that Lana is ignorant about her privilege and should educate herself ab the issues she willingly brings up?  can we get a rundown of "the rules" ? or maybe just admit this is a website for Lana fans and it's not that big of a deal.  sorry if this is your life's work or whatever

The problem is that LDR doesn't know how to separate her personal life and feelings from her professional life, and, admittedly, the categories can become extremely blurred in this IG/TW era. But LDR isn't 14, she's not someone just out of the gate. She's in her 30s and has been at this a while now. So many great writers and vocalists were her age or younger when they were at the height of their fame, including women like Janis Joplin, Dianna Ross, Grace Slick, Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Grace Jones, Carly Simon, Stevie Nicks, Rickie Lee Jones, Linda Ronstadt, Patti Smith, Ann Wilson, Debbie Harry, Kate Bush, Pat Benatar, Siouxsie, Shiela E, Sade, Kim Gordan, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Tracy Chapman, Pink, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Lorde, etc. 

It's up to LDR and her team to figure this process out and not allow themselves to be trolled or easily upset by people like Ann Powers, who seems to believe that she, Powers, sets the pace for women everywhere, especially women in music. That's absurd. What Powers wants is to see, like a facist, is every female vocalist and artist out there towing Powers' line and and keeping in line, under Powers' control. 

As I said before, LDR can write and sing about virtually anything she wishes, it's no one's business but her own. If people don't like it, they can turn it off, delete it, not buy or download it. She's letting people successfully make her their punching bag. She's falling for it, like a teenager. Where is the old confidence, the old assurity? 

I have noticed LDR trying to get 'more in line' with Woke culture, especially on NFR, and to me, that's sad, and part of the reason why she's gone from the 'steely goddess' who was largely above the fray of BTD/P to the limping, sometimes broken, apologist we've seen so often since. And now she's broken again, and in public, and the trolls of the world LOVE IT. 

But LDR isn't 14, she's not someone just out of the gate. She's in her 30s and has been at this a while now.

I have mentioned this before. She is an adult and didn't get famous 3 months ago. :facepalm:

Sorry, I tried to make a joke of the matter, but I understand what you mean and I agree. I sincerely apologize if my short message came off like I just come on here to spew hate on Lana, or imply that this is what other people come on here to do as well.

I guess I just tried to imply that people on this community have, for a lack of better wording, a love/hate relationship with Lana and while they love her to death they are also very critical of her choices both personally and professionally. Probably explains why there is a "Biggest Lana hater" category at the Lipsters. 

No hard feelings. xx

you literally said "love/hate"  idk how that can be construed as hate.  i guess some people have their own agendas and priorities.  @@Elle i still have hard feelings, can you explain why my posts were deleted?

I’m hoping there’s not a single. Just give us the record when it’s done and ready to come out

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's up to LDR and her team to figure this process out and not allow themselves to be trolled or easily upset by people like Ann Powers, who seems to believe that she, Powers, sets the pace for women everywhere, especially women in music. That's absurd. What Powers wants is to see, like a facist, is every female vocalist and artist out there towing Powers' political line and and keeping in line, under Powers' control. 

I have noticed LDR trying to get 'more in line' with Woke culture, especially on NFR, and to me, that's sad, and part of the reason why she's gone from the 'steely goddess' who was largely above the fray of BTD/P to the limping, sometimes broken, apologist we've seen so often since. And now she's broken again, and in public, and the trolls of the world LOVE IT. The trolls are eagerly feeding off her and would probably love to see nothing more than a LDR suicide.

Full offence this is fucking unhinged lol.

locals only

Call me blind fan whatever but I’ve been seeing people mocking Lana statement about “3rd wave feminism”. “Third wave is over” “we’re in the fourth wave fifth wave!!!!”

But I’m like did y’all just google third wave/fourth/fifth wave saw it on google results and came up with that? The third wave is in hot debate because there’s no clear goal or even its existence at all but a small part of the second wave movement. Whereas the so called “fourth wave” or tech wave of feminism is under the same fire because it excluded a large part of the world with no proper access to technology. 

In a lot of ways, “technically” Lana is correct again. People keep pushing the narrative that she’s “ignorant” but..... she’s not?

girl what..... third wave feminism is literally aiming for intersectionality... that is a "clear goal" 

dozens of manifestoes (written by brown/black women) prove the existence of third wave feminism