rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT July 3, 2024

12 hours ago, Billie said:

wait… so he actually was involved? :brigitte:

image0.jpg?ex=66809f84&is=667f4e04&hm=dc

Honestly he’s been pretty vague about his involvement, might as well have just been Lana getting this idea at 2AM in his bedroom and making a voice note for the chorus

His comment does however make it seem like this song is mostly her idea/work rather than Quavo’s, at least originally

i'm really excited for this ,also i've been wondering what kind of promo are they preparing for this song ,because this is possible hit song in a really long time if beign honest. I know Lana is not really interested with promoting material but it would be nice to hear Lana on radio alongside SS:oprah3:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

and yet they ended up their relationship in a weird / limbo state apparently… 

True, he seems to be grasping at anything to get attention to his own career, but at least they seem on somewhat good terms so she can use what they wrote together for future releases, unlike what had happened with Barrie 

Didn’t she use 4 Barrie songs on BB +Riverside ? Also if I remember correctly Clayton liked twitter posts indicating Lana cheated on him. 

spinn.gifspinn.gifspinn.gif

14 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

Honestly he’s been pretty vague about his involvement, might as well have just been Lana getting this idea at 2AM in his bedroom and making a voice note for the chorus

His comment does however make it seem like this song is mostly her idea/work rather than Quavo’s, at least originally

Yeah it was probably a demo she wrote with Clay back in the day.

I guess she thought it would be a nice fit for a Quavo collab when the two met and decided to make something together.

Even if it's for Quavo's project or whatever it sounds like a Lana song anyway

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We all know we want an album that sounds like the Trio from start to finish.

The only reason I really like the trio is because the album DIDNT sound like that from start to finish. I loved the random switch up transition.. and then A&W was born in the next album and that’s basically a song that explains what I liked about the trio lol

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

5 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

All I’m gonna say is that it would be rude and unprofessional for Lana to not credit Clayton even is he’s her ex-boyfriend.

Does he deserve credit if it’s all her genius and he just provided the atmosphere for her inspiration? Because no one knows if he has any real involvement beyond that. He forever seems like someone who just wants to ride her coattails for attention. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

5 minutes ago, MamaDelGhey said:

Does he deserve credit if it’s all her genius and he just provided the atmosphere for her inspiration? Because no one knows if he has any real involvement beyond that. He forever seems like someone who just wants to ride her coattails for attention. 

If he came up with lyrics, then I would expect credit, but anything else, no, not really.

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

Umm, he's had double the billboard success of ldr. 33 charing tracks to her 15.

And that's just as a solo artist (not counting migos). This collab could chart big time, and surely higher than High by the Beach or Love or SYTH, which was all in the 50-60s ranking. 

But again, after the painfully lame, basic bitch "promo" we got for this single, who knows. Maybe it doesn't chart at all. Thanks, Ben 

I do think it will have a certain success after I read now about Quavo's solo/duet chart successes. I'm sure it will be guaranteed that it is going to be viral on TikTok tho

url%5D

6 hours ago, Embach said:

I don't think it will be a chart hit (and to be honest I have really never cared about charts) but I hope I'm proven wrong. Has Quavo's songs charted? Because I don't think that it will be bigger than Say Yes To Heaven or Love or High By The Beach. Idk, the promo has been weird. But has Quavo charted solo, like without Migos?

Quavo has had successful features in the past but all his songs this year have flopped. The only reason I think this song could do well is because TikTok seems to like it. That doesn’t always translate to success though so we will see.