Elle

2023 Lipsters Awards - January 13th

Submitted my votes! It was so difficult to choose, I had to think for minutes in each category thinking who should get my vote url%5D But I was somehow able to vote and sent my votes! Good luck everyone!

First of all, congratulations to everyone who got a nominations, rooting for the potential sweepers - @Mer, @Veinsineon and @Surf Noir - you all deserve to win and sweep, love you so much!!!!

Again, I'm very thankful for the 8 nominations and people who nominated me and are voting for me because this means a lot to me and that was definitely something I didn't expect! Thank you for your kindness and warm welcome! I do hope that I WON'T be the sweeper because I know that I don't deserve that...

I'm doing some endorsement for some of the sweethearts in LanaBoards! So I'd be very pleased and grateful if you vote for them in any of the categories!

PLEASE VOTE FOR THESE DARLINGS!

@Surf Noir, @Mer, @Veinsineon, @Elle, @ivory almond, @honeymooncd, @The Sun Also Rises, @Black to Blue, @hotshot2am, @stupidapartmentcomplex, @fishtails, @That Venice Bitch, @ultrabanisters, @NikoGo@PARADIXO, @lizzyology, @prettywhenimhigh, @HeadBitch, @Psychedelic Pussy, @taco truck, @mssainttropez, @111@one time beauty queen, @watercolor eyes@The Siren, @SoftwareUpgrade, @Lanaparadiserey, @mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime and many more who are in the categories!!! They all deserve it!!! Also sorry if I had forgotten someone, because my head gets overwhelmed sometimes.

Also shoutout to these legends of LanaBoards, who deserved to be nominated this year too!

@Ocean Boulevard, @Ultra Violet, @Deadly Nightshade, @IanadeIrey, @GeminiLanaFan, @nowhereInParticular, @Beautiful Loser, @Venice Peach and many more!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes and lots of love!!!!!

@Embach •

url%5D

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

awh thank you embach :aw: you undeniably deserve to sweep. thank you for being so sweet 

violets in your eyes

22 minutes ago, Embach said:

Thank you Embach!!! You rightfully deserve all the nominations as well as a full sweep. You have such an amazing presence on here and make Lanaboards a better place. You’re a legend! :kiss2:

hyz6.gif

17 hours ago, Elle said:

Just want to post the link to where this convo was moved to, in case people want a deliciously scrumptious read: 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

25 minutes ago, Embach said:

Submitted my votes! It was so difficult to choose, I had to think for minutes in each category thinking who should get my vote url%5D But I was somehow able to vote and sent my votes! Good luck everyone!

First of all, congratulations to everyone who got a nominations, rooting for the potential sweepers - @Mer, @Veinsineon and @Surf Noir - you all deserve to win and sweep, love you so much!!!!

Again, I'm very thankful for the 8 nominations and people who nominated me and are voting for me because this means a lot to me and that was definitely something I didn't expect! Thank you for your kindness and warm welcome! I do hope that I WON'T be the sweeper because I know that I don't deserve that...

I'm doing some endorsement for some of the sweethearts in LanaBoards! So I'd be very pleased and grateful if you vote for them in any of the categories!

PLEASE VOTE FOR THESE DARLINGS!

@Surf Noir, @Mer, @Veinsineon, @Elle, @ivory almond, @honeymooncd, @The Sun Also Rises, @Black to Blue, @hotshot2am, @stupidapartmentcomplex, @fishtails, @That Venice Bitch, @ultrabanisters, @NikoGo@PARADIXO, @lizzyology, @prettywhenimhigh, @HeadBitch, @Psychedelic Pussy, @taco truck, @mssainttropez, @111@one time beauty queen, @watercolor eyes@The Siren, @SoftwareUpgrade, @Lanaparadiserey, @mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime and many more who are in the categories!!! They all deserve it!!! Also sorry if I had forgotten someone, because my head gets overwhelmed sometimes.

Also shoutout to these legends of LanaBoards, who deserved to be nominated this year too!

@Ocean Boulevard, @Ultra Violet, @Deadly Nightshade, @IanadeIrey, @GeminiLanaFan, @nowhereInParticular, @Beautiful Loser, @Venice Peach and many more!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes and lots of love!!!!!

@Embach •

Thank you! Voting for your sweep girl!

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

wait i wish i could vote for multiple people this is kind of hard :lolno2:

Totally agree, like I was having such a hard time picking between people! Can we get ranked voting next time?

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

On 8/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, CandyRaye said:

The King and Queen of Disaster 

On 8/27/2023 at 8:01 PM, Psychedelic Pussy said:

this is literally going to win for best drama at the Lanaboards awards :hair: hands DOWN

On 8/27/2023 at 8:02 PM, CandyRaye said:

Do I get an award or something 

32 minutes ago, Mer said:

Just want to post the link to where this convo was moved to, in case people want a deliciously scrumptious read: 

the way this was manifested :blush3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

So I'm nominated for Worst Taste and...

Biggest Lana Hater???

:shock2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ok I voted! Even though I'm honestly not expecting to win anything... I genuinely feel so honored to be nominated as I love Lana and Lanaboards so much :wub: If you haven't voted yet here is some info about me to inform your decision...

Most Active

Since December of last year, when Ocean Blvd got announced, I started using my account that I had created earlier in 2022 and literally couldn't stop! I don't know who checks the leaderboards but one day I did for fun and to my surprise I was consistently in the top 4 (and a lot of times top 2!) of the most likes per day/week/month. There have been many times my boyfriend has gotten annoyed with me because we will be at dinner but something leaked or we got new info and I just HAD to be on Lanaboards LOL. My morning routine consists of me checking Instagram, Twitter and Lanaboards. Again I have only been active since December 2022 (a little over a year), and already have over 23,000 rep points and 4,000 posts!

Best Taste

I don't want to lie about my tastes... I'm a huge Norman Fucking Rockwell! stan and a Blue Banisters hater. Which I know immediately people will read and not want to vote for me but let me make my case. Blue Banisters may be my least favorite album by Lana, but it was still my 9th most listened to album of this year. I genuinely almost exclusively listen to Lana to the point that my friends make fun of me, which I think on Lanaboards we can agree means I have GREAT taste!

For my specific tastes in Lana's music, I love her most cinematic and melodic tracks, such as Born to Die, Honeymoon, Ride (clearly, I love her opening tracks), Yayo, DYKTTATUOB, Old Money, Get Free, and Margaret. I'd say that style of Lana's music is my absolute favorite, as it makes me feel like I'm living in an entirely different world and I'm just so connected to it. However, I also love a lot of underrated yet GORGEOUS tracks such as, Lucky Ones, NAWWAL, Love Song, The Grants, God Knows I tried (this one especially), and Oh Say Can You See. Of course, I also love the bops! Peppers is in my top three on Ocean Blvd and Off to the Races, Fuck it I Love You, and West Coast are some of my favorites off their respective albums. Unreleased-wise, my favorite era is 2013-2016. The Tropico era songs feel like Lana is personally singing to me and the passion in her voice from that era is like nothing else, and I'm obsessed with the dreaminess of the Honeymoon and early Lust for Life outtakes.

So after reading that it may sound like I like pretty much everything, and I do, but what I think makes my taste unique is the specific type of lyricism I like. Lana's music has always connected with me in a way that no other music has. I personally feel like this is because she sings about freedom in a way that no other artist does. Many people may listen to Lana's songs when they are sad about a breakup or have a crush, because on the surface Lana sings about love, but my enjoyment of her songs doesn't come from that, I comes from the way she uses her romantic relationships and the men she's with to analyze her OWN personal demons and experiences. Songs like A&W, I Talk to Jesus, Yayo, and Mariners Apartment Complex are a masterclass in this. My favorite lyrics are the ones where she sings about her desires to be free and independent, and I personally love when she uses religious/spiritual imagery. I'm going to add some of my favorite lyrics below, and I hope after reading this essay you will see why I would love to win Best Taste!

You think I'll ever feel different than I do now?
You think I’ll ever feel electric again
You think I'll ever transform into the man
God meant to make when he began?

Hello, heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights
On a dark night

Maybe I could save you from your sins
So, kiss the sky and whisper to Jesus

(honestly all of Mariners Apartment Complex, but I feel like this lyric is underrated)

I was so confused as a little child
Tried to take what I could get, scared that I couldn't find
All the answers, honey

This is my idea of fun

Paradise is a hell-colored flame sky
Is it nice to feel free and wild?
Paradise is a game of do or die

You're a hard man to love, and I'm
A hard woman to keep track of

Nicest Member

I was not expecting to get nominated for this! I didn't even campaign for it. This one might be the one I am happiest to be nominated for and feel is the least likely I will win, as all of the members nominated are so so sweet! I don't have as much to say as I do for best taste, as that kind of just became a rant about how much I love Lana :teehee:. I mostly just want to say thank you and I love you guys! <3

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

35 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Idk if this was intentional but Mod Quene Award is sending it’s giving Mod Queen we love to see it :nails:

modqueen.jpg

Sksjdks wait why did no one tell me about this until now :deadbanana: the “g” in annoying is also cut off... It’s giving graphic design is my passion xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS