Elle

2023 Lipsters Awards - January 13th

53402400629_9eefdd8777_o.png

Did you know that there's a 2023 Lipsters Awards on LanaBoards.com? Well, now you do!

It's that time of year again! Our annual Lipsters Awards is our site's own awards ceremony where we all come together to honour all the members, music, moments, memories, and messiness that make our community what it is.

I look forward to hosting this year's annual ceremony with you all again! I always anticipate to our Lipsters Awards every year as it's one of my favourite things we do here on the site. I love how we can all come together to have our own special day all about us. Wishing everyone lots of love and luck! x

Red Carpet: page 34

Awards Ceremony: page 45

After Party: page 78

53402400274_59e17d8873_o.png

Even without our notorious “Time Online” tracker that is now but a distant memory, at this point I’m sure we all can recognise who our most recent visitors are! The Most Active award will be bestowed upon the member that frequently blesses us with their posts. Also thanks for boosting our AdSense revenue xx

Winner: @Embach

Runner Up: @Surf Noir

Other nominees: @taco truck, @That Venice Bitch, @Veinsineon

53402077641_f308c64ff1_o.png

Sometimes a thought isn’t worth a thread post, and that’s okay! The recipient of the Status Updater award is the one who makes the best use out of our Status Update feature to let us know their thoughts for the day, their favourite new tunes, their drunken rambles, and the like. (& with the abundance of new random threads being created, I thank the ones who utilise this feature when appropriate instead.)

Winner: @Surf Noir

Runner Up: @Mer

Other nominees: @Elle, @Embach, @honeymooncd

53402400359_b8c89eb4ff_o.png

Whether it be a Lana reference or pun, an iconic song title, or just a purely imaginative name, we all have that one member whose name makes us smile, and the Best Username award is for that special someone.

Winner: @mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime

Runner Up: @Stoned Mary in the Garden

Other nominees: @lizzyology, @Surf Noir, @Veinsineon

53402267098_ab1c3987d4_o.png

For Worst Username... well.. we will just assume your first option was already taken.

Winner: @Nectar Of The Puss

Runner Up: @CoochieSwirlC

Other nominees: @fl0ridakil0s, @lanaismamom, @Psychedelic Pussy

53402077351_57e61e5f94_o.png

Our first new award for this year's ceremony - and one I can't believe we didn't already have! Members are allowed to creatively express themselves through their profile picture, and our new Best Profile Picture award will honour our favourites. Whether it be a beautiful photograph of Lana, an image of their lovely self, another iconic artist, a stunning artwork, or just an aesthetically pleasing image, let's show some love to the little square images we all associate our members with.

Winner: @Elle

Runner Up: @Veinsineon

Other nominees: @prettywhenimhigh, @Psychedelic Pussy, @watercolor eyes

53402266798_d1ceecb8bf_o.png

With the best must come with the worst. To oppose the previous award, our new Worst Profile Picture award will honour the profile images that give us all a little jumpscare when we see them. Perhaps it's time for a change.

Winner: @ivory almond

Runner Up: @The Stargirl Pinky

Other nominees: @111, @Americen Whore, @Nectar

53402077356_4299bb9e68_o.png

The Best Taste award is to honour the member who is the embodiment of true taste. Let’s discuss this – they’re disgusting, you’re delicious.

Winner: @Surf Noir

Other nominees: @Embach, @Mer, @taco truck

53402508235_f658104090_o.png

Well, you can’t agree with everyone. Opposite from our previous award, the Worst Taste award is for the one whose opinions leave others questioning. We’re sorry, but we still love you anyway.  

Winner: @Xenoblade 3

Runner Up: @Terrence Loves Me

Other nominees: @baddisease, @Jared, @Lindsay Lohan

53402077441_9c4e4dee1c_o.png

This award is reserved for our own America’s Sweetheart who always keeps it sugary sweet. Let’s show our appreciation for those who make LanaBoards an enjoyable place to be with the Nicest Member award.

Runner Up: @Embach

Other nominees: @fishtails, @taco truck, @Surf Noir

53402400164_fd7d9c3e70_o.png

No negativity on this site, thank u. But it happens sometimes. This award is for our feisty pitbull who has no shame in digging their claws in every now and then. Take your Rudest Member award and then maybe chill out.

Runner Up: @111

Other nominees: @barttttender, @Fingertips, @Strangelove

53402266868_3dd53cc8ba_o.png

Old is gold. This award is to honour our member who has continued to come back year after year despite the madness, the one who has become truly embedded within LanaBoards culture. Give a salute as we honour our favourite LanaBoards veteran with the Veteran Member award.

(Note: Only accounts who have joined before August 2018 are eligible for this award)

Other nominees: @111, @HeadBitch, @PARADIXO

53402077461_1ca2d2b063_o.png

Old may be gold, but new can be diamonds! The Best New Member award is for our favourite new face, who thankfully hasn’t been scared away yet. We hope you stick around.

(Note: Only accounts who have joined after August 2022 are eligible for this award) 

Winner: @Embach

Runner Up: @Lanaparadiserey

Other nominees: @Black to Blue, @honeymooncd, @The Sun Also Rises

53402266873_333a3f35fb_o.png

Everybody loves an underdog. The Underrated Member award is for the member who you feel doesn’t get enough credit around here and deserves their flowers. We won’t let you die an underdog in vain.

Winner: @hotshot2am

Runner Up: @stupidapartmentcomplex

Other nominees: @lizzyology, @Lanaparadiserey, @southbeachswing

53402077481_e7e3ca7922_o.png

Though I truly resent this award each year, at this point it has become tradition. As our member graveyard grows slowly but surely each year, the Best Banned Member award is to honour someone who is no longer here with us due to their own naughtiness. Perhaps a legend in their own right, pour out a drink for our fallen sisters with this award. (in b4 it’s all the same person in 5 different variants.)

Winner: @lustforlife

Runner Up: @the ocean

Other nominees: @lanaswildflowers, @May, @shadesofloveduthenandnow

53401151722_d3fee0a249_o.png

The Most Missed Sis award is for someone who isn't necessarily a banned member, but for one who hasn't been around for awhile. Who do you miss seeing? Who do you want to have their comeback era? Let them know through this award. (Don’t let former user May gaslight you into thinking they’re dead though.)

Winner: @BlackoutZone

Runner Up: @COCC

Other nominees: @American Bottom, @Louise, @Tana Mongeau

53402077546_ecdbdff999_o.png

Whether it be because of their huge Lana collection, their knowledge of Lana’s life history, their frequency at live shows, or just their general massive appreciation for Lana, the Biggest Stan award will honour the true ride or die (bitch.)

Runner Up: @That Venice Bitch

Other nominees: @Embach, @lizzyology, @Surf Noir

53402508395_09e4e2ddd2_o.png

“When will people be over her? I am a Hater.” Although this is a whole forum dedicated to Lana herself, we do have those members who give her a hard time, and that’s why I cross my fingers that Lana doesn’t visit here too often. Although I don’t endorse the hatred, perhaps the Biggest Lana Hater award can give a little hint-hint nudge-nudge to ease off… or just add more fuel to the fire.

Runner Up: @Jared

Other nominees: @barttttender, @Lustformoney, @Terrence Loves Me

53402266983_f78fcee5e8_o.png

Although this is a Lana forum, we have plenty of members who are here solely for our entertainment section, which makes up a huge portion of our site. So, who’s your favourite Angel? Your favourite Little Ferrari? Your favourite Diamond? Your favourite Crybaby? Your favourite Kuchi? The Hybrid Fan award is our special thanks to a member who continues to visit, even if Lana isn’t their primary reason for their stay. Everyone is welcome a seat at the table.

Winner: @The Siren

Runner Up: @TrashMagiq

Other nominees: @Mer, @SoftwareUpgrade, @XCX Archivist

53401151832_cb6ce95cce_o.png

It’s no doubt that LanaBoards can be a war zone, and this award is for the member who always tries to keep the peace. Whether it be a moderator or an unofficial officer, let’s honour the member who walks into the depth of the fire to put out the flames with the Peace Keeper award. I’ll also be taking note of these nominees as possible future mods, or those mods who deserve an extra pat on the back.

Appreciate ya.

Winner: @That Venice Bitch

Runner Up: @Elle

Other nominees: @fishtails, @NikoGo, @ultrabanisters

53402267083_9471a7ea79_o.png

The Attention Whore award is to give a gentle nudge that this place is in fact LanaBoards, not ____Boards. No disrespect here, just honesty.

Winner: @111

Runner Up: @ivory almond

Other nominees: @Strangelove, @Wait For Life, @Xenoblade 3

53402400049_06fc65b3e0_o.png

LanaBoards houses so much talent within our member base, and the Big Eyes Award - for Best Artist honours our true artists – whether it be for their physical or digital art, we truly have so much talent here. Will also be taking notes for future site theme design help xx

Winner: @kallumlavigne

Other nominees: @palemoonbaby, @templeoflana, @The Sun Also Rises

53402266758_8c4067d9a0_o.png

We have talent of all kinds here, including those who are masters of audio art! Whose remixes have tricked you into believing a demo of a Lana song leaked on the site that shall not be named? Who do you wish will be Lana’s next core producer? Let them know with the Jack Anti-noff Award - for Best Audio Artist, and perhaps you could rival Mr. Antonoff for production credits on LDR10. 

Winner: @plastiscguy

Other nominees: @Actor, @bigspender, @ivory almond

53402266813_30e9aac812_o.png

If LanaBoards had a dating app, who would be your super like? Who has you drooling in the Pictures of You thread? The Be My Daddy Award - for Hottest Member is to honour the hottest of the hot, whether you’re a daddy, mommy, or sexy enby.

Runner Up: @mssainttropez

Other nominees: @Mer, @one time beauty queen, @PARADIXO

53402077406_023e3d1290_o.png

As I do have to pay extra to keep the Blog section alive, you bet damn well I’m going to honour the members who actually use it. Perhaps the Self-Loathing Poet Award - for Best Blogger may even inspire others to make their life their poetry, aside from their lovemaking being their legacy (or whatever you like to post in there.)

Winner: @Mer

Runner Up: @Liz Taylor Blues

Other nominees: @kraljicabenzinske, @The Siren, @williamprb

53402077516_78c9f481d5_o.png

Whether it be someone who has a meltdown over every single Lana notification or just simply cannot hold themselves back from falling apart all over the boards letting their head spin like a ballerina, the Queen of Disaster Award - for Biggest Drama Queen is for them. A little extra dramatics never hurt anyone. Most of the time.

Runner Up: @CandyRaye

Other nominees: @ivory almond, @Strangelove, @the ocean

53402267013_86984dd0cf_o.png

Which member’s posts give you continuous war flashbacks, the same kind of feeling you get whenever you see a picture of a typewritten message posted on IG? The Q.F.T.C Award - for Most Problematic Member is for them, and I hope their own QFTC proclamation awaits.

Runner Up: @Xenoblade 3

Other nominees: @ivory almond, @Strangelove, @wilting daisy

53402077566_f606e73907_o.png

Perhaps this is a member who is no stranger to the mod queue or one that maybe you think deserves to have their unhinged posts moderated before public view. (Disclaimer that the winner of the Mod Queue Award - for Most Annoying Member award will not actually receive mod queue for it lol. At least not yet, anyway.)

Winner: @Strangelove

Runner Up: @Xenoblade 3

Other nominees: @ivory almond, @Jared, @lanaismamom

53401151517_195af57ab4_o.png

As Lana proclaimed at the 2015 Golden Globes Awards, “Well, I love drama!” Whether it be site-related drama or Lana-related drama, there is never a dry day in the Lana Fandom. The Drama of the Year award is for the little extra spice within the fandom that took the cake this year.

Note: Please only nominate drama related to Lana or LanaBoards. Do not nominate any off-site drama, even if it involved our members.

Winner: @That Venice Bitch's "The Miss Daytona Collection" getting taken down

Runner Up: @Quincy vs @CandyRaye in the Mental Health Thread

Other nominees: Multiple Accounts Thread leading to the ban of @shadesofloveduthenandnow& @wilting daisy@ivory almond's fake A&W lyrics on Musixmatch, "Unreleased Syndrome" - a @Strangelove conspiracy

53402400194_90c05e6227_o.png

Every year, there is always one certain thread that gives us that lust for life that keeps this site alive. The Thread of the Year award is to honour that thread and all the chaos and wonderfulness that ensued within it. We wouldn’t be without it.

Winner: Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread

Runner Up: December 2023 Leakfest Wishlist

Other nominees: It was all a lie... exposing Lana Del ReyMultiple Accounts ThreadWho's the Ultimate Insider?

53402508205_4e84a5067f_o.png

Though a controversial topic at times, leaks are undoubtedly a part of Lana stan culture, and we had quite a bountiful year this year! Which locked-away masterpiece that broke away from its chains wowed you this year? Whether it be a song we had been counting down the days for or a complete surprise, it’s only right that we honour these previously hidden gems with the Leak of the Year award.

*Please nominate up to 5 of your favourite Lana songs that were leaked this year. The top 5 will continue to the next voting round.*

Eligible Songs:

Spoiler

Ave Maria

Beach Boys

Come With Me

Connection

Cry Kill Die

Disco (Version 2)

Earthquakes

Greenwich Acid

He Hits Me Because He Loves Me

Lake Placid

Madly

Melancholia

Pink Champagne

Platinum Greenwich

Poetry in Motion

Star Lux

Sweetheart

The Devil

Vivian

What's a Girl to Do

80s Baby

I Got You Babe (with Barrie-James O'Niell)

Damn You (Final Version)

Driving in Cars with Boys (2014 Version)

Fine China (James Ford Version)

Hollywood's Dead (Final Version)

If I Die Young (Full Version)

Old Money (Demo)

Roses (2021 Rework Version)

Roses (Mix 1)

Summertime (The Joplin Version)

Text Book (Demo)

Young & Beautiful (Dan Heath Demo)

Your Girl (Rick Nowels Version)

Your Girl (Mastered Version)

Note: any other song that may leak before January 1st will also be eligible for nomination.

Winner: Pink Champagne

Runner Up: Cry Kill Die

Other nominees: Come With MeHollywood's Dead (Final Version)Madly

53401151587_06f7d45b7b_o.png

With a myriad of collaboration, droplets, and wonderful new album that held a number of masterpieces, with one that even was nominated for the Grammy's SOTY award, it is time to honour the best of the best with our own Song of the Year award.

*Please nominate up to 5 of your favourite Lana songs that were leaked this year. The top 5 will continue to the next voting round.*

Eligible songs:

Spoiler

The Grants

Sweet

A&W

Candy Necklace

Kintsugi

Fingertips

Paris, Texas

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

Let The Light In

Margaret

Fishtail

Peppers

Taco Truck x VB

Say Yes to Heaven

Take Me Home, Country Roads

Unchained Melody

Lost at Sea (with Rob Grant)

Hollywood Bowl (with Rob Grant)

Suburban House (with Holly Macve)

Life Lesson (with Jon Batiste)

Alma Mater (with Bleachers)

Snow on the Beach - More Lana Del Rey Version (with Taylor Swift)

Note: the song "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd" is not eligible for nomination as it was released in 2022 and won the award in this category at last year's awards.

Winner: A&W

Runner Up: Fingertips

Other nominees: Candy NecklaceLet The Light InParis Texas

53401151697_23e9f2b43b_o.png

A new grand award! Not only did Lana release her own album this year, but she also appeared on a few other artists' albums! We always appreciate the new music however or wherever it comes, so we must thank the other artists for allowing her to bless their tracks with  the new Collab of the Year award.

*Please nominate up to 5 of your favourite non-album Lana collaboration songs that were released this year. The top 5 will continue to the next voting round.*

Eligible songs:

Spoiler

Lost at Sea (with Rob Grant)

Hollywood Bowl (with Rob Grant)

Suburban House (with Holly Macve)

Life Lesson (with Jon Batiste)

Alma Mater (with Bleachers)

Snow on the Beach - More Lana Del Rey Version (with Taylor Swift)

Winner: Lost at Sea (with Rob Grant)

Runner Up: Snow on the Beach - More Lana Del Rey Version (with Taylor Swift)

Other nominees: Hollywood Bowl (with Rob Grant)Life Lesson (with Jon Batiste)Suburban House (with Holly Macve)

53402077601_78f5da0bb6_o.png

Another new grand award! (and another one I can't believe we didn't already have.) Lana not only blesses us with her beautiful voice, but also her beautiful self. As an individual who is beautiful both inside and out, let's honour our queen's outer beauty with our new Photoshoot of the Year award.

Eligible photoshoots:

Spoiler

Billboard (Lia Clay Miller)

Billboard Women in Music (Sami Drasin)

Candy Necklace (Ryan Postas & Alia Penner)

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - album (Neil Krug)*

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - single (Neil Krug)*

GQ with Rob Grant (Caroline Tompkins)

Harpers Bazaar (Collier Schorr)

Interview Magazine (Nadia Lee Cohen)

New York Times Style (Katy Grannan)

Rancho Pillow (Madeline Northway)

Rolling Stone UK (Chuck Grant)

Rolling Stone with Joan Baez (Todd Williamson)

The Hollywood Reporter (Chuck Grant)

The Face with Rob Grant (Gillian Steiner)

* - though these photoshoots were conducted in 2022, the majority of the photographs were officially released this year, which deems them eligible

Winner: Interview Magazine (Nadia Lee Cohen)

Runner Up: Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - album (Neil Krug)

Other nominees: Harpers Bazaar (Collier Schorr)Rolling Stone UK (Chuck Grant)The Hollywood Reporter (Chuck Grant)

53402077606_da2df5c748_o.png

Not only do we stan an icon, but this site itself is iconic in its own right. Whether it’s something Lana herself did or something that happened on LanaBoards, the new Iconic Moment of the Year award will honour that top memory of the year that will forever live down in Lipster history.

Winner: Lana working at a Waffle House in Alabama

Runner Up: A&W + Interview Magazine on Valentine's Day

Other nominees: Elle meeting Lana at a Dillard's in AlabamaMarch LeakfestLana getting 5 Grammy nominations

53402508360_55d87db316_o.png

This award is for our true living legend. Who truly made LanaBoards what it was this year? Let us bestow our honour upon this sacred member through the coveted Lipster of the Year award. We'll never forget you, like the tunnel under Ocean Blvd.

Other nominees: @Mer, @Surf Noir, @Veinsineon

Edited by Elle
Added winners x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Consider stupidapartmentcomplex for literally any award now if you are sexy and like honeymoon

My contribution on this forum has been EXTREMELY wildly far-reaching and big and its not like i sit here reading your posts and not saying anything most of the timek0y9aQn.png

Diane Abbott Hackney GIF - Diane Abbott Hackney Announcement GIFsim so indie & underground that i've been snubbed the past 3 years.. isn't that crazy so anyways i fear you should vote stupidapartmentcomplex most underrated member! Diane Abbott Hackney GIF - Diane Abbott Hackney Announcement GIFs

patrick being a little slutty and fun

May I be among the first few to kick of the self-campaigning, as just because I’m the host doesn’t mean I can’t campaign for myself too! :lanahairflip:

Elle - for your consideration…

Best Profile Picture

After having the same profile picture for the past 4 years, I finally gave mine a huge upgrade this year! It's pretty iconic if you ask me. & hey, if you don't like me in it, at least cast a vote for Lana's sake as she looks sooo cute in it xx

Nicest Member

I always try to sprinkle sunshine whenever I go, and even when i have to lay down the law with a mod queue or warning point, I always do it with lots of love :kiss: 

Veteran Member

I have truly put my life on the line for this country website, dueling through many battles over being a member for the past 10 1/2 years & owner for the past 7! 

Biggest Stan

Not only am I the gracious owner of the largest Lana Del Rey fan site who has now attended 18 shows (reminder to update my Signature skkk), but I have arguably one of the largest Lana collections that includes over 175 magazines, over 100 clothing items as seen on LDR, and hundreds of other merch items! Here's some photos and detailed list of my collection that I took in 2020, and if you can even imagine it, it's even larger now.. maybe winning this award will give you all a little update x

Peace Keeper

Again, I know it’s not fun when I have to lay down the law sometimes, but without my efforts this place would honestly be a hell hole, you gotta admit it.

Be My Daddy - for Hottest Member

I've graciously won this award two years in a row after a long saga of runner-up for several years, so I'm back to try to take home the title again! In case you need a refresher of my beautiful face, here are some pictures from this year:

Spoiler

53401261742_1232e02c2d_b.jpg53402513014_78d9fbcc65_b.jpg53401261622_84324136b5_b.jpg53402379063_5ce3bea2b8_b.jpg

Iconic Moment of the Year

Me meeting Lana randomly at a Dillards in Alabama.. I mean please, does it get more iconic than the LanaBoards owner meeting Lana herself while shoe shopping?

Lipster of the Year

All I'm going to say is that this place wouldn't be here without me... :lanahairflip2:

Also, I would just like to take this time to endorse @SalvaWHORE and @mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime for Best Username because they make me giggle every time x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, plastiscguy said:

@ivory almond best audio artist...

ohshestakingit-monique.gif

when i say that i would have never started any of it if it wasn't for when i found your youtube

@plastiscguy is the og yall, keep that in mind

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

39 minutes ago, Elle said:

53402400194_90c05e6227_o.png

Every year, there is always one certain thread that gives us that lust for life that keeps this site alive. The Thread of the Year award is to honour that thread and all the chaos and wonderfulness that ensued within it. We wouldn’t be without it

this one must go to the "Who’s the Ultimate Insider?" thread:makeup2: it was sooo messy